2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Dharmaraj said:

Mine got approved in September 2018 I got interview notice

Awesome! What city? How long from Courtesy Letter to Interview Notice? I am so happy you answer my post 😍

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
22 hours ago, Blunt said:

Hello house,I have a question.....I went for my marriage based interview alone without my wife cause she has abused me severally both physical and emotion and I have police report and medical report to back it up...but the officer said she will deny my i485 cuz I came without my wife..I tried to explain she still insisted that she will deny it cause the petitioner isn’t there with me...she asked for all my evidences of abuse and joint documents with photos I gave her everything...so she still said she will deny it...but when i got home I checked my status and it says no one appear for interview and when I checked the second day it says request for initial evidence that they want my i360 receipt and I sent the receipt to them since last Wednesday and it has delivered to their address but they haven’t updated the status it’s still in request for initial evidence,I thought they should have updated and let me know they received it cause the deadline is on the 29th of April..so I wanna confirm if they actually received it so I call Uscis and gave them my receipt number for i485 and they told me to write Vermont If I wanna know anything about the i485...they said they can’t share any information about the i485 to me ..they were talking about the i360 but I didn’t even tell them on the phone that I submitted I360..I only gave her my i485 receipt to let me know the status if they have received my i360 receipt...so I’m wondering how she was talking about i360...please what can I do ...I want to be sure if my i485 has been forwarded to Vermont so can I renew my ead under that i485 pending the time they decide on my i360..I have sent them the i360 receipt and it’s still showing request for initial evidence on the Uscis website..I want to be sure if they have received it I will send another mail to them tomorrow to let them know I sent one first ,cause they said I must submit before on the 29th of April..my status still hasn’t changed though when I called the officer told me she can tell me anything about the case that if I wanna hear anything I should write Vermont...after I’ve called the  i485 receipt number for her 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Goodnight all. Question has anyone worked with just their ead who didn't have their ssn.. And also how long until your ss card comes in the mail after you've received your ead..  I checked on my i756 that i wanted them to share my information with social security so that i can get it. I was thinking it would have been printed on the ead or came at the same time ..

5 minutes ago, Islanderk said:

Goodnight all. Question has anyone worked with just their ead who didn't have their ssn.. And also how long until your ss card comes in the mail after you've received your ead..  I checked on my i756 that i wanted them to share my information with social security so that i can get it. I was thinking it would have been printed on the ead or came at the same time ..

Hey Islanderk, SSNs aren't printed on EADs.If you checked on the i765 to share with SSN dept, surely it will come to you. You need the SSN to work. Your employers will need it I guess. Mine was a long time but I think the SSN got to me in about two weeks! With immigration everything is patience! I have learnt to be very patient!It will come.

6 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Thanks 

You're welcome.

@Islanderk regarding your interview wait time question, I’ve had the same doubt and haven’t been able to make any sense of the wait times. It seems that we, VAWA approved petitioners, have our own wait time for interview, and it’s not posted. We are a much smaller number compared to regular AOS folks. 

@FridayGirl@69 has also been trying to figure it out. The only certainty, is that backlogged local offices make us wait longer. Mine is in 18 months plus, so I’m also trying to patiently wait for my interview letter. 

Please keep us posted on any progress!

7 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi guys👋 although I got my C31 EAD already following the card production update on March 28th, my status hasn't changed to approved I got a lil flustered and decided to find out from my senator what is holding the update..she just got back to me now from what USCIS told her.."

"Your constituent’s case was approved on March 28, 2019, the notice is currently pending being released to the address on file.  The Employment Authorization Document (EAD) was completed and mailed to the address on file on April 1, 2019.” 

this here makes me happy all over again and gives me the assurance I wanted coming from USCIS! 

truly when you see that card production update, your vawa is definitely approved!💪😂🙏 thank you God!

I’m glad to hear that, mine EAD(c031) was produced on Mar 22nd, and not receive approval notice yet, I requested a few days back, and no updated yet. I also applied SSN 2 weeks ago it’s still pending...it goes really slow recently. But your update inspiring me, we have similar dates.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
7 hours ago, Blunt said:

Be sure it was transferred,  that's the reason they cannot tell you anything about it, go on and apply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.