2,985 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2019 at 2:56 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

hopefully you get the receipt before the actual interview date! Do you have a copy of the i360 you filed? You might wanna go with anything to show you just filed for VAWA. Most times it depends on the officer you meet, some comply others don't! Let's hope you're able to convince the officer though. Wish you all the best.

Please How do I know if it was really put on hold if the IO accept to put my i485 on hold? Will I get a document/mail stating my i485 was put on hold or an update in my uscis account?

Edited by Honey1
Typo

5 minutes ago, Honey1 said:

Please How do I know if it was really put on hold if the IO accept to put my i485 on hold? Will I get a document/mail stating my i485 was put on hold or an update in my uscis account?

No dear..no formal document! In my case it was held and I knew it because it wasn't denied! And if you file for Vawa they will transfer it to Vermont, upon approval it will be transfered back to NBC! If you check your status regularly online you can keep abreast of your petition!

On April 20, 2019 at 11:42 PM, Sunnyman said:

Can we know the month vawa is been approved now. I know there should be November approvals and hope to get to December soon. Any updates please? 

As you read I saw september approvals. I'm a November & still waiting. I believe we will hear from them soon. Keep praying, God is able! 

Edited by Lola_lalo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 4/19/2019 at 11:23 PM, MelTex30 said:

Hi everyone. Just an update on my case. It was approved on April 16 and today I got the notification that my card was mailed to me. Praise God! 

1D71922E-900F-4124-BDA6-5720DB63D94C.png

Can you update on when you get the physical card in hand please

4 minutes ago, Honey1 said:

I went for my i485 interview alone today and asked the officer to hold my i485 in abeyance.she gave me a tough time and finally agree to hold my case for 30days and I should mail the vawa receipt notices,but I got this notices after few hours.Is this normal, did anybody get this after requesting for a hold?

20190422_150528.jpg

Hey..great thing the officer agreed to hold it! How soon can you get it across? Anyway do so soon as it reaches you..also the update you got is evidently informing you that the interview was cancelled. Focus on sending the vawa receipt for now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Honey1 said:

I went for my i485 interview alone today and asked the officer to hold my i485 in abeyance.she gave me a tough time and finally agree to hold my case for 30days and I should mail the vawa receipt notices,but I got this notices after few hours.Is this normal, did anybody get this after requesting for a hold?

20190422_150528.jpg

I am thrilled to know the USCIS Officer agreed, now just send the NOA’s Receipts asa you get them so you can the relax and wait for your Vawa Approval!!! 

1 minute ago, Honey1 said:

Please what does interview cancelled means? Would the officer be able to reopene the case after they recieve my Vawa reciept

Lol...the interview you were supposed to attend with your spouse is cancelled! When you file for vawa, you wouldn't need them to attend with you! You attend alone upon approval of your petition when they schedule an interview. Do you understand this?

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone. i am an Oct 2017 filer. I had my I131 approved on march 12th(applied Dec 2018). Got the approval notice but never received the document itself. A month after i got my EAD (applied october 2018) approved too C9 but not valid for re entry was written on it. So i called Uscis today, spoke with a second level officer who said my biometrics is incomplete thats why i didnt receive the documents. Is anyone familiar with thia situation? Why did they approve me if they couldnt find my biometrics after they said i didnt need to do biometrics when i applied? I got my EAD IN hand with my previous biometrics. The officer promised to escalate my request. I just want to know if anyone has experienced thia before so he or she can guide me. Thanks guys

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.