2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

I filed in October 2018 and received a year prima facie. 

I have the same nearly same time line, filed on August 2018 and got EAD card in hand Oct 2018. one year prima facie.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Apolo said:

Yeah this is very helpful thank you for sharing and i hope there will be no complication and i will have a positive answer, can you please share even in PM what was your RFE what did they request and what happen after you submitted it  

Timeline 

Sept 7th 2018 issued

Sept 12th 2018 delivery to my lawyer 

Sept 20th 2018 documents sent back

It was only my divorce decree 

Sept 27th 2018 Uscis received it

Oct 29th 2018 I360 approval with EAD c31

Feb 22nd 2019 I765 c09 approved

March 13th 2019 Courtesy Letter for Medical/I693 requested at the time of my interview. 

I am still waiting for my I485/Interview Notice to arrive.

It usually goes silent until USCIS makes a decision.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Apolo said:

Hope so it has been a long and stressful journey  and still is until i hope my VAWA petition gets approved hopefully 

Vawa takes an average of 14-18 months to get approve sometimes 24-36 months the longest I have read.

Usually from start to finish with GC is around 2 years but it can take a bit longer too but majority I read is 24 months.

Timeline

Does anybody knows an average timeline for National Benefit Center to transfer your case to Local Office (Chicago) I got Courtesy Letter on March 13th 2019, patiently waiting 🙌🏼🇺🇸💫

5 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Hey,

Whew long journey...

I filed VAWA October 2017

(I am on my 3rd EAD)

No RFE, I went straight from VAWA received to new card being produced April 2, 2019.

This new EAD card comes just intime as my current expires soon plus I was here stressing about financial aid.

Guys, the journey was long but try to occupy your time with progressing. There were times when I had breakdowns and had to be placed on medication and sadly there are some aspects of my trauma that are still with me but thankfully for the most part I am doing well. School has REALLY helped me to look forward to the future. 

I now have to figure out my divorce, I didn't do ot earlier because I did not have the funds as well I was not in a mental state to deal with my ex. Thing is, now he is MIA...no one knows where he is, family no one. Any suggestions about getting a divorce when you're unable to find your spouse? I've googled... so I'm more looking for passed experiences with a similar issue and timelines. How long does the divorce process take? 

Also traveling, I feel a bit more confident now with the i360 to travel to see my family...aaand I'm broke 😅...it's always something. But good luck to all.

Hope you get your divorce sorted out soon!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, mister_tn said:

Hope you get your divorce sorted out soon!

Totally get it! 

Whatever state he lives in find him thru the court system, if you file the divorce they will serve him. 

Congratulations on your I360 approval 🇺🇸💫👏🏼

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@MGJ_NY hello my friend.. pls would like to ask you a question... when you contact senetor to expidite ur case how long did it take before senetor got back to you with a response from USCIS? Or how long did it take before USCIS responded to you? Pls share....

Edited by Modu

23 hours ago, TexasVAWA said:

How did you get third 180 days prima facie if you filed your VAWA in Dec 2018 ? I filed in October 2018. I got a year prima facie. 

Well my bad. I meant I filed VAWA Dec 18, 2017. So far I've received 3 180 days prima facie . The third one expires August 2019.

My lawyer had initially filed my EAD using category c31 so we refiled October 2018 using category c09 and I received my card on April 1, 2019.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

Thank you .

Hi pinklino.TBone,

3/21/2019 I was Renew my EAD, but until right now 4/4/2019 not yet get any receipt , did you know renew EAD address as below is correct ?

Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

@Pinkrlion @TBone 

That's the correct address for the Service Center.  Others can tell you the specific procedures. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 4/4/2019 at 12:06 AM, TexasVAWA said:

I often check the USCIS case processing time online for VAWA. I checked yesterday that the Receipt date for a case inquiry was 2017 June 18  but today I noticed it’s 2017 June 9th. Can anybody explain this ? 

I just checked today and noticed that they pushed all the dates back but still showing in months how long it should take.. Its not adding up to me.. I haven't gotten my first work permit yet i filed back in November.. I went online to check the processing time to do a case inquiry because i checked everyday patiently waiting.. Then boom the case processing time went from november to October.. Felt like a slap in the face.. I still tried a case inquiry and it said my case is still within processing time so they won't do one for me.. Man this is getting very depressing.. I mean all i want is to work.. Anyone know why they're doing this..i know on the website it said they can change the data at anytime without reason but i just thing given the circumstances of vawa cases it should be handled a bit more delicately. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

How can I get a congressman to inquire about an RFE the "Post Office couldn't deliver" ? 

After sending them 3 letter asking to send again, they haven't. It's been almost 3 months and I know RFE's are time sensitive.

35 minutes ago, nap_o said:

How can I get a congressman to inquire about an RFE the "Post Office couldn't deliver" ? 

After sending them 3 letter asking to send again, they haven't. It's been almost 3 months and I know RFE's are time sensitive.

You have to get in contact with you congressman depending on your state and county, and he will ask for a release for from you and he will be able to inquire on your behalf and can ask them to send you a copy of your RFE.  

2 hours ago, nap_o said:

1 hour ago, Apolo said:

You have to get in contact with you congressman depending on your state and county, and he will ask for a release for from you and he will be able to inquire on your behalf and can ask them to send you a copy of your RFE.  

This always works. Try this and then we fo from there. But this should do it. My RFE was sent to my lawyer and my senator.😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.