ram1009

chat logs

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know how to obtain chat logs from Facebook Messenger to use as evidence of an ongoing relationship.  Th my knowledge FB has no customer service dept that will respond to such inquiries.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

That was a big, big hassle for us.  We finally resorted to scrolling way back in the history and printing screen shots of conversations we wanted to include.  Remember, you don't need EVERY conversation, but you should include enough to show a continuing relationship throughout the period.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, missileman said:

That was a big, big hassle for us.  We finally resorted to scrolling way back in the history and printing screen shots of conversations we wanted to include.  Remember, you don't need EVERY conversation, but you should include enough to show a continuing relationship throughout the period.

But the screen shots won't be dated.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

Sure they will....because the conversations have dates.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Notice that each conversation is dated......

image.png.faaf8ad8f84ca4891bee47e15cfe66c1.png

Edited by missileman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

the way we did it was download the file with our conversations (settings -> download your information). this made it easier for us to find which conversations to include and also the screenshots had more text in them compared to taking screenshots directly from the app. the only "bad part" is that it doesn't look like the facebook chat, but it has the name of who is texting and the dates.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Iscir said:

the way we did it was download the file with our conversations (settings -> download your information). this made it easier for us to find which conversations to include and also the screenshots had more text in them compared to taking screenshots directly from the app. the only "bad part" is that it doesn't look like the facebook chat, but it has the name of who is texting and the dates.

My "settings" menu doesn't have any such link.  Are you sure you're using Facebook and not one of the other messaging programs?

Timeline
1 hour ago, missileman said:

Notice that each conversation is dated......

image.png.faaf8ad8f84ca4891bee47e15cfe66c1.png

I'm not sure what date you mean.  What I did notice after doing a screenshot of a conversation is the date/time in the lower right corner of the Windows screen.  I was afraid that would not be included in the screenshot but it is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

My "settings" menu doesn't have any such link.  Are you sure you're using Facebook and not one of the other messaging programs?

yes, on facebook, but not on the messenger app. you have to open facebook on your browser

Screenshot_2019-03-17-13-30-52.png

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

I'm not sure what date you mean

I mean the date that the conversation occurred.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Iscir said:

yes, on facebook, but not on the messenger app. you have to open facebook on your browser

Screenshot_2019-03-17-13-30-52.png

The problem here is that you & I are using different devices.  You're on a mobile and I'm on a desktop.  The menu structures are very different.  I have found the menu you were pointing me toward.  Now I need to figure out how to get what I want.  Thanks for the help.

Timeline
1 hour ago, missileman said:

Yes, I know that but the only date on my screen is the Windows date in the lower right corner of the screen.  Are you on a mobile?  I'm on a desktop computer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
17 hours ago, missileman said:

Sure they will....because the conversations have dates.

17 hours ago, ram1009 said:

If you go back far enough (more than one week back) you will start to see the date and and time stamp before a new chat.  I would use that page when you do a flash screen. I just spent 2 hours tonight doing the flash screen snaps from each month, like 5-6 snaps from each month that I will put in a collage to get ready. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
18 hours ago, ram1009 said:

Yes, I know that but the only date on my screen is the Windows date in the lower right corner of the screen.  Are you on a mobile?  I'm on a desktop computer.

Dates appear in the conversation, on a desktop, just like missileman said. I'm looking at my most recent FB conversation right now, where timestamps indicate at the top of conversations the days on which they occurred. How they are displayed might vary from device type to device type, but they are displayed. You can download conversations, but you don't have to do so in order to get the necessary screenshots.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.