Jay Jones

Interview APPROVED!!

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, justlove said:

No. There were two plastics. One was from 2go and the other plastic is the one with yellow packet and the passport inside. You have to cut a small slit and be careful not to damage the yellow packet. The small slit is just enough to get the passport and for you to check if the details inside the passport are correct. The yellow packet will be opened at POE and should not be opened. 

Just to verify... Is this the proper way to do it Hank? It would not let me tag you. We got ISSUED status today btw!!! 

We went through POE last night at LAX. Roxan had her original city issued birth certificate returned to her by the embassy and placed inside the plastic envelope but OUTSIDE of the magical yellow envelope. It is perfectly fine to open the plastic envelope to remove what is inside. Just don't open the magic yellow envelope before POE. )))) I will do a review of POE at LAX later. But in a nutshell it was painless))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, boris64 said:

We went through POE last night at LAX. Roxan had her original city issued birth certificate returned to her by the embassy and placed inside the plastic envelope but OUTSIDE of the magical yellow envelope. It is perfectly fine to open the plastic envelope to remove what is inside. Just don't open the magic yellow envelope before POE. )))) I will do a review of POE at LAX later. But in a nutshell it was painless))

My lovely lady will be entering at LAX on 18APR.  (MNL - NRT - LAX).  I'll meet her there.

How long did it take to get thru immigration?  (So I can have an idea what to expect)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

Just to verify... Is this the proper way to do it Hank? It would not let me tag you. We got ISSUED status today btw!!! 

Yes just cut the plastic bag enough to get the passport out, keep the DO NOT OPEN ENVELOPE protected in the plastic, and in your carry-on bag.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, boris64 said:

My fiancee will be going through at IAH on the 12th, but please tag me in that when you do so we know what to expect and what she will need extra for immigration.

Timeline
2 hours ago, boris64 said:

Thank you Boris. I am curious because Jean will go through LAX in the morning.

4 hours ago, Mark&Jean said:

Thank you Boris. I am curious because Jean will go through LAX in the morning.

Tell her to ask everyone who works there as she walks in where should k1 visas go. She should end up in the ETSA line at the very far end of the immigration hall.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Tell her to ask everyone who works there as she walks in where should k1 visas go. She should end up in the ETSA line at the very far end of the immigration hall.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, boris64 said:

Same as our experience.  We asked a worker directing traffic as you enter, and we were taken to a separate line.  Done in about 15 minutes.  Bypassed a couple of hundred people in the process.

Finally done.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes for sure ask as soon as entering the room for immigration/POE.    We went through Honolulu and they too have a special line for processing visa entries. 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We went through ORD two days ago.  ORD had a "first time" arriver line.  A total of 5 minutes at the booth and about 30 minutes in secondary to complete the check in.   There were about 10 people in front of us in secondary 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

We got Issued yesterday morning. It still will not show me a status when trying to track the passport. How long after it goes to issued until you can track it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

We got Issued yesterday morning. It still will not show me a status when trying to track the passport. How long after it goes to issued until you can track it?

Did you try to email the ustraveldocs email and put your passport number in the subject line?

28 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Did you try to email the ustraveldocs email and put your passport number in the subject line?

passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

Yes, and I get this "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, clw654321 said:

Yes, and I get this "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

When you go to the ustraveldocs page and sign in, what does it say in the box in the lower right hand corner?  The delivery method box.  Is it still blank?

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.