Rizky Julianti

Process from NOA 1 to NOA 2

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi guys, my fiancee and I, got NOA 1 from January 2019, we've been waiting for almost 3 months now, I want to know how long it takes for us until we get our NOA 2 , ,thank you :)

Sit back and relax. Its going to take way more than just 3 months. More likely 6 + 

Take this time to research and prepare for AOS so you're not shocked about that long waiting time for green card and being unable to work, travel, etc. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rizky Julianti said:

Hi guys, my fiancee and I, got NOA 1 from January 2019, we've been waiting for almost 3 months now, I want to know how long it takes for us until we get our NOA 2 , ,thank you :)

Processing times go up and down all the time. In the first half of 2017, NOA1 to NOA2 times went up a lot, from around 4 months on average to around 6.5. In the second half of 2018, they started falling; right now the average NOA1 to NOA2 time reported by VJ users ( see https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical) is a little under 4.5 months. If you fill out your timeline, it will show an estimate based on your NOA1 date and averages from other VJ users that will be updated over time.

Also note that individual cases can take way longer than the average. Couples who filed back when we did in May 2018 were mostly approved in 5.5-6.5 months (including us) ... but one of the first posters in our thread finally got his NOA2 last week (aka after almost 10 months), and he never got an RFE or any explanation of what took so long.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

use the time waiting to strengthen your commitment to each other, start doing a lot more  research for what you will need to do next, get documents ready, look towards things like AoS and what you will need to do, research air fare for your estimated time in about 4-5 months, reseach embassy requirements, all that stuff so you will be prepared when you are the next contestant on the USCIS process

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture there is a link for your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture  you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

@Rizky Julianti,

my advice is:

1. Join K1 January filers, they are your new family with same journey.

2. Dont forget also to go to USCIS official websites to check the Case status online and to know the USCIS processing time.

3. NOA 2 will comes anytime, so be prepared!  you should know what the next step after NOA2 .

make a note for every requirement that needed in each step for K1.  .. it will be good if you know the whole process from the NOA2 - AOS

4. Enjoy your day with family, friends, and tropical weather of Indonesia, since K1 holder cant go back to their country until got the Advance Parole.

5. Good Luck!

Timeline
On 3/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, Rizky Julianti said:

Hi! We're on a same page as Indonesian 😂 well, we got our NOA1 on 13th November and still no updates from USCIS. Be patient 😊

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Heyy! I'm a december filler and i already got my NOA 2 on March 27th (3 months). After that NVC will take 4-6 weeks before you receive case number and next instruction on whats next from US Embassy Indo. Wish you all the best! 

~~~~~~~
I 129F sent: 12/09/18

I 129F NOA1: 12/17/18

I 129F NOA 2: 03/27/19

Interview date: 07/17/19

Visa received: 07/30/19

US Entry: 08/02/9

~~~~~~~
Get married😍 09/09/19

~~~~~~~

Timeline

Thank youu @yuni_yuni :D honestly we're a bit shook because we already prepare that NOA 2 will be arrived at August, but surprisingly it came way faster.. Hey you life in michigan? i will stay in wisconsin! practically neighbour 😛

~~~~~~~
I 129F sent: 12/09/18

I 129F NOA1: 12/17/18

I 129F NOA 2: 03/27/19

Interview date: 07/17/19

Visa received: 07/30/19

US Entry: 08/02/9

~~~~~~~
Get married😍 09/09/19

~~~~~~~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 5/15/2019 at 3:20 AM, Summer888 said:

Thank youu @yuni_yuni :D honestly we're a bit shook because we already prepare that NOA 2 will be arrived at August, but surprisingly it came way faster.. Hey you life in michigan? i will stay in wisconsin! practically neighbour 😛

State neighborhood 👍👍

Good Luck for Intvw!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.