Jenna Ting

HI! WANNA MAKE SURE SOMETHING BEFORE MAILING OUT THE AOS PACKAGE

63 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Do u need to fill DS3025 or somebody issues it to you?

Your overseas panel physician should have given you your own copy of the DS3025 Vaccination Record plus your XRay results on CD.

1 hour ago, Jenna Ting said:

yes. I got 6 pages of each ,including tuberculosis worksheet,medical history, physical exam worksheet and DS3025

Are you saying you got your own copy of all the forms plus you ALSO gave CBP a sealed envelope? Or are you saying you opened the envelopes and gave them to CBP after you opened them? That's what it sounds like here:

58 minutes ago, Jenna Ting said:

No. It was taken by the officer on the interview. Then it came back with my visa(sealed ) I brought it and offered it at the customs. What I have was 3 sealed of envolopes but I opened them when I came back from the Visa interview 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

1 hour ago, Naes said:

I have a copy too.

Yes but you know (I know you know) that the medical exam copy that you submit with AOS either has to be a sealed copy (ie I693) or a sealed copy that was handed off to CBP and never left their hands.

This poster doesnt seem to know that it needs to be sealed and submitting something not sealed could cause red flags....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ate said:

Oh.  Well I guess that's a country-specific difference.  Unless you mean you already got your I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record)?  If what you have is your I-693, then yes, that needs to be submitted when you file for AOS.

I don't have i693 since my medical exam reports are still valid. I think I just need to attatch the AOS documents with DS3025?

3 minutes ago, Jenna Ting said:

I don't have i693 since my medical exam reports are still valid. I think I just need to attatch the AOS documents with DS3025?

Yes that's right....

But the bigger issue that you should be concerned about is if you opened your sealed K1 Visa packet before you handed it to the CBP officer at your POE....did you do that?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Are you saying you got your own copy of all the forms plus you ALSO gave CBP a sealed envelope? Or are you saying you opened the envelopes and gave them to CBP after you opened them? That's what it sounds like here:

I didn't open the big  one which was handed to the officer when I went for the interview. .I got a big sealed envelope from the hospital(4 sealed smaller envelopes in it that I found out after they opened the big envelope )They opened it then kept one smaller sealed envolope .So I got 3 rest of the smaller sealed envolopes.I opened them when they returned them to me.So I know what are inside the envolopes.The hospital can gave me 4 medical exam reports. 

10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes that's right....

But the bigger issue that you should be concerned about is if you opened your sealed K1 Visa packet before you handed it to the CBP officer at your POE....did you do that?

No. If so,I might not be allowed to come in the USA 

1 minute ago, Jenna Ting said:

I didn't open the big  one which was handed to the officer when I went for the interview. .I got a big sealed envelope from the hospital(4 sealed smaller envelopes in it that I found out after they opened the big envelope )They opened it then kept one smaller sealed envolope .So I got 3 rest of the smaller sealed envolopes.I opened them when they returned them to me.So I know what are inside the envolopes.The hospital can gave me 4 medical exam reports. 

Okay that makes a bit more sense. I think you understood my concern though. 

I still would only submit the DS3025 with your AOS package as submitting any other copies of anything that you should not have a copy of may raise issues. It may not but just to be safe. I'd pretend you doing even have a copy of the entire medical package.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Okay that makes a bit more sense. I think you understood my concern though. 

I still would only submit the DS3025 with your AOS package as submitting any other copies of anything that you should not have a copy of may raise issues. It may not but just to be safe. I'd pretend you doing even have a copy of the entire medical package.

It is normal to have these copies btw. As it is our records hospitals (at least in some countries) are required to give us a personal copy. It is not a “should have not”

i also thought of sending a copy at first as I had it but then read through that it wasn’t needed.

to OP: you don’t need to send anything but DS-3250 in this case for health related purposes :) 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ate said:

Um, how?  Did you open your packet that was supposed to be given to CBP when you entered the US?

No😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Your overseas panel physician should have given you your own copy of the DS3025 Vaccination Record plus your XRay results on CD.

The clinica gave me a sealed envelope, an x-ray, a CD, and a Vaccination card that mentions the vaccinations I took at the clinic. Is that vaccination card nothing but the DS3025? On the vaccination card there is no mention of DS3025.

Edited by Liflead

1 hour ago, Liflead said:

The clinica gave me a sealed envelope, an x-ray, a CD, and a Vaccination card that mentions the vaccinations I took at the clinic. Is that vaccination card nothing but the DS3025? On the vaccination card there is no mention of DS3025.

It wont be a card. It will be a regular sized piece of paper. It will say Vaccination Documentation Worksheet on the top and DS3025 on the bottom left corner. It should be two pages.

Google DS3025 and look at images of one. I cannot upload an example here. 

2 hours ago, Liflead said:

Not all clinics give you your own copy of the DS-3025. I had to specifically ask for it to get it. But I recommend having one, because it makes AOS a bit easier. You can probably still reach out to the clinic and see if it's possible to get it.

I was given a full copy of my entire medical report during my K1 interview. And then a sealed copy in the visa package. But it may vary by country.

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
11 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

How would you have a copy of your DS392x series of overseas medical forms? The Panel Physician issues you one copy in a sealed envelope and you hand that off to your embassy at the interview and then the embassy seals the info in your K1 entry packet that you submit at your K1 POE.

Can you explain what you mean?

It's important that your overseas medical packet that USCIS now has, has not left the chain of command. If left in your hands  it would not be valid.....

I have a copy of my full medical report as well (every single test they did, also including the DS-3025, lung x-rays etc). I asked the doctor in Sweden where I had my medical to send me a copy of whole original report he sent to the embassy. I received my copy in the mail the same day the embassy received the original. 

I then made another copy of it that I sent with my AOS (saved the first copy for my own records). I figured I could might as well send the full medical instead of just the DS-3025 since I had it anyway.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

15 minutes ago, Scandi said:

I have a copy of my full medical report as well (every single test they did, also including the DS-3025, lung x-rays etc). I asked the doctor in Sweden where I had my medical to send me a copy of whole original report he sent to the embassy. I received my copy in the mail the same day the embassy received the original. 

I then made another copy of it that I sent with my AOS (saved the first copy for my own records). I figured I could might as well send the full medical instead of just the DS-3025 since I had it anyway.

What I dont think anyone is understanding in what I'm saying is that the copy of the medical is not supposed to be unsealed. The applicant is not supposed to have access to it and it's not supposed to leave the chain of command from the embassy to the CBP officer. They could view it as tampered with and throw out any copy of it including the copy that WAS sealed and handed in at your POE simply because you offered an unsealed copy of it with your AOS application or at your AOS interview.

And THEN in that case, you may have to redo your medical and submit a sealed copy so they know it has not been tampered with.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

What I dont think anyone is understanding in what I'm saying is that the copy of the medical is not supposed to be unsealed. The applicant is not supposed to have access to it and it's not supposed to leave the chain of command from the embassy to the CBP officer. They could view it as tampered with and throw out any copy of it including the copy that WAS sealed and handed in at your POE simply because you offered an unsealed copy of it with your AOS application or at your AOS interview.

How can a copy possibly be tampered with? Nothing you do to a copy can change the original in any way. And THEY have the original, we don't.

Look, I still got a sealed package with my visa, that I never broke, and that the CBP officer took, and did not let me handle. There was a copy in there. He kept it. But, I also have my own copy. Doesn't change anything.

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.