Jenna Ting

HI! WANNA MAKE SURE SOMETHING BEFORE MAILING OUT THE AOS PACKAGE

63 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Liflead said:

So shud I ask my clinic to provide me my DS-3025?

Yes. If you did not receive it, you should contact your overseas panel physician for your copy.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I agree now that some embassies/PP's/CBP officer may give you a copy. 

The point is that the OP and others have considered or have even submitted an unsealed copy with their AOS package. Why would you do that if it could be interpreted in any way that you are offering them info that could be tampered with because it's not sealed? 

You shouldnt submit an unsealed copy. You dont know the repercussions that may instigate.

If I can send a copy of ds3250 which was suppose to be in the sealed envelope I can send the medicals as well as long as I have them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Naes said:

If I can send a copy of ds3250 which was suppose to be in the sealed envelope I can send the medicals as well as long as I have them.

DS-3250? Is this something different?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Oh no sorry I wrote it wrong. It’s ds3025

Ohh!! I didn't receive any DS-3025 from the clinic so I am not sure if it's part of sealed packet that clinic give to give it to the embassy. U mentioned that ur DS-3025 was part of the packet. Did u get a separate or an extra copy of DS-3025?

23 minutes ago, Naes said:

Sure go for it. Be our Guinea pig. The truth is we dont know what could happen. 

My concerns are valid. Throughout all of the instructions on the I485 and I693, it states "sealed". 

If there was any reason for us to have a copy we would all have one and be required to submit it. 

I dont know what the implications would be if we did. It could go either way.

There is no benefit though and I don't know the consequences.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My concern is not that it's a copy. My concern is that it's not sealed but I think you get it. Just submit your DS3025 as the instructions state. That's all you need. You dont need to complicate it anymore than it has to be.

The official copy that was collected at your POE will be waiting for you at your interview. And if it's not, submitting an unsealed copy wont be accepted anyways (you'd have to redo your medical, get a signed and sealed I693). Your copy would not be valid as it is not sealed.

Hi. I asked someone who is from my country lives in LA.She's gotten the interview date in March. She mailed out the madical reports(has stamps on it same as the one the CBP got but unsealed)and DS3025 .She got the notification for the interview in 3 months.I wander why so fast.

1 minute ago, Jenna Ting said:

Hi. I asked someone who is from my country lives in LA.She's gotten the interview date in March. She mailed out the madical reports(has stamps on it same as the one the CBP got but unsealed)and DS3025 .She got the notification for the interview in 3 months.I wander why so fast.

Because your I485 timeline is based both on your local field office and your particular case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 hours ago, Jenna Ting said:

AGAIN .I'm here to ask for some help! Not sure about what's correct.

1: I've applied SSN but not received it yet. On i765,page 2,part 2,13a....it asks if the  SSA ever issued a SS card to me?Should I say"No" then explain this?

13b.Provid my SSN(if any)......Can I leave it blank since I haven't gotten it?

14.Do you want the SSA to issue you SS card?......Can I click "YES"? In case they don't mail me the SS card or I just click 'No" then I need to  go to the SSD office to get it if I still  haven't received  it

2.I came on k1 visa so I have the medical exam in my country and it's been given at the customs.Should I attatch my medical exam report with the AOS package?

Thank you in advance. Hope everyone a good luck!

If you applied but you never got it (yet) then yes, you should say no. You can always explain that you applied for your SSN on X date and that you are awaiting for it. Leave any question that asks for your SSN blank since you don't have it yet. Yes, attach a COPY of your medical report to the AOS package. NEVER give any original documents. 

K1 Visa Process

Nov. 2016 - Applied for K1 Visa
Nov. 2016 - NOA1 

April 2017 - NOA2 (6 months!)

April 2017 - Arrived to NVC

April 2017 - Got the # from NVC

May 2017 - Case left NVC

May 2017 - Arrived to Embassy

May 2017 - Got Package 3 

May 2017- Got Package 4

May 2017 - Interview [APPROVED!]

June 2017 - Visa arrived home

June 2017 - Made it to the US. Finally with my future hubby!!

July 2017 - Married!

AOS Process

August 2017 - Started AOS

August 2017 - NOA1

Sept. 2017 - Biometrics

19th Dec. 2018 - Interview date  [16 months]

Dec. 2018 - GC processing

29th Dec. 2018 - GC arrived home! [10 days!]
Remove Conditions - Soon...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Sure go for it. Be our Guinea pig. The truth is we dont know what could happen. 

My concerns are valid. Throughout all of the instructions on the I485 and I693, it states "sealed". 

If there was any reason for us to have a copy we would all have one and be required to submit it. 

I dont know what the implications would be if we did. It could go either way.

There is no benefit though and I don't know the consequences.

Someone already said they sent it so...

there wouldn’t be anything as when you’re sending these copies you are sending them with the acknowledgement of them having it. The benefit for what I thought would be was that the person maybe a newbie who saw it would realize that there’s a copy hence there is an original accompanied my visa application.

i have no clue why this is even becoming this big of a talk here.

These are MY personal records it is normal for me to have them. If they can expect me to send a copy of my vaccination records which have no official thing on it, then the same logic applies to any other I send.

9 minutes ago, Naes said:

Someone already said they sent it so...

there wouldn’t be anything as when you’re sending these copies you are sending them with the acknowledgement of them having it. The benefit for what I thought would be was that the person maybe a newbie who saw it would realize that there’s a copy hence there is an original accompanied my visa application.

i have no clue why this is even becoming this big of a talk here.

These are MY personal records it is normal for me to have them. If they can expect me to send a copy of my vaccination records which have no official thing on it, then the same logic applies to any other I send.

I have no idea either but I just feel my concerns are being discounted when the truth is we cant know what an individual IO may think or decide to do for someone's individual case either should they decide to submit an unsealed medical packet when every instruction says all documents need to be sealed or transferred to USCIS as initially sealed. Logic doesn't apply in this case as it would be an IO's decision. 

So why initiate a situation when there is no benefit and perhaps a consequence?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Actually if it is an I693, they can choose when they submit it. With the AOS application or at the interview. 

You're right -- the sealed I-693 may be submitted with the I-485, or with an RFE response, or during the AOS interview.

1 hour ago, Ate said:

You're right -- the sealed I-693 may be submitted with the I-485, or with an RFE response, or during the AOS interview.

Almost. You will never get an RFE for an I693 before the interview as providing medical documents are not a required submission before the interview. You could get a Courtesy Letter for a medical exam prior to the interview but that is just a reminder that one needs to be submitted at the interview. Or you could get a request for it AT the interview if you did not submit one then and be required to provide one before final approval but you would not get an RFE for one before the interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Andsco said:

If you applied but you never got it (yet) then yes, you should say no. You can always explain that you applied for your SSN on X date and that you are awaiting for it. Leave any question that asks for your SSN blank since you don't have it yet. Yes, attach a COPY of your medical report to the AOS package. NEVER give any original documents. 

Thank you. But what if I have 3 medical exam reports  with stamps on them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.