27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just being extra thorough am I missing anything? 

- payment ($1225 made payable to us dept of state) 

- g 1145 

- cover letter 

- I 485 

- copy of passport bio page 

- copy of k1 visa from passport 

- 1 797 NOA1 from I 129F

- copy of paper I 94 from passport 

- electronic I 94 

- copy of my birth certificate 

- certified copy of marriage certificate 

- two passport style photos attached to paper and placed in a bag 

- ds - 3025 

- I 864 

- my husband’s (petitioner) 2018 tax return 

- I 765 

- I 131 

thanks! 

20 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

- g 1145 

- cover letter 

- I 485 

- 1 797 NOA1 from I 129F

- electronic I 94 

- ds - 3025 

- I 864 

- I 765 

- I 131 

thanks! 

You're missing your husband's proof of US citizenship or copy of his gc for his i864 in order to be your sponsor.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Plus you haven't mentioned all of the supporting documents for the I765 and I131. They need all their own seperate supporting documents. Three seperate packages. Three seperate sets of supporting documents.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

- g 1145 

- cover letter 

- I 485 

- 1 797 NOA1 from I 129F

- electronic I 94 

- ds - 3025 

- I 864 

- I 765 

- I 131 

thanks! 

Cheque should be made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

we've attached evidence as well, such as joint accounts, insurance, pictures, traveling docs etc. It's not on the official checklist but multiple sources advised that we do so. I know a lot of people get married and file AOS in the first few weeks, so there might not be evidence, but if you have anything,prob won't hurt.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Plus you haven't mentioned all of the supporting documents for the I765 and I131. They need all their own seperate supporting documents. Three seperate packages. Three seperate sets of supporting documents.

I can’t think of what supporting documents would be needed for the travel and work applications? I have never read anything about needing documents supporting those forms

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vans said:

Cheque should be made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Thanks, you’re so right! I did have the cashier’s made out to homeland I don’t know why I typed state.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You're missing your husband's proof of US citizenship or copy of his gc for his i864 in order to be your sponsor.

I’m so confused. I thought my husband’s citizenship was proven with the original petition? Why would I need his birth certificate? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

I’m so confused. I thought my husband’s citizenship was proven with the original petition? Why would I need his birth certificate? 

The I864 requires evidence of the sponsor being either USC or  LPR even though evidence has been submitted previously for the initial visa application. Each form you complete lists documents that are needed for that form. Read the official instructions fir the form found on the USCIS site 

Timeline
Just now, Lil bear said:

The I864 requires evidence of the sponsor being either USC or  LPR even though evidence has been submitted previously for the initial visa application. Each form you complete lists documents that are needed for that form. Read the official instructions fir the form found on the USCIS site 

I’ve read them sometimes you miss things. Especially in a tedious process as involved as this one. So I’ll include his birth certificate as well as his tax return. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrsjackson said:

I’ve read them sometimes you miss things. Especially in a tedious process as involved as this one. So I’ll include his birth certificate as well as his tax return. Thanks

Yes it is tedious. Usually there is a section on the Instructions which is headed Documents/ Evidence.. it’s ususlly towards the end of the pages, after the line by line instructions 

Timeline
1 hour ago, stacyt said:

we've attached evidence as well, such as joint accounts, insurance, pictures, traveling docs etc. It's not on the official checklist but multiple sources advised that we do so. I know a lot of people get married and file AOS in the first few weeks, so there might not be evidence, but if you have anything,prob won't hurt.

I mean we have a daughter together and my name is on his 2018 tax return since we filed jointly? 

Only mentioning daughter because I’ve seen birth certificates of any children together will be considered during AOS process. Other than that we’re still merging our lives and not a ton else together yet. But should have a lot more at time of the interview. 

Edited by Mrsjackson

Timeline

I now realize the guide on Visajourney for AOS is pretty simple and doesn’t quite include everything. So I know what supporting documents I need for the 765 and 131 now. Thanks everyone! 

44 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Whoa, Nelly. This is a whole new immigration benefit. The slate is clean and you have to re-prove everything with every and any submission from now and into the future.

55 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

I can’t think of what supporting documents would be needed for the travel and work applications? I have never read anything about needing documents supporting those forms

It's outlined in the instructions for both the I765 and the I131.

I765:

-g 1145 

- cover letter   

- copy of k1 visa from passport 

- 1 797 NOA2 from I 129F (NOT NOA1)

- electronic I 94 

- PHOTOCOPY FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS of certified copy of marriage certificate 

- two passport style photos attached to paper and placed in a bag 

I131:

-g 1145 

- cover letter   

- copy of k1 visa from passport 

- 1 797 NOA2 from I 129F (NOT NOA1)

- electronic I 94 

- PHOTOCOPY FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS of certified copy of marriage certificate 

- two passport style photos attached to paper and placed in a bag 

The seperate forms of the AOS packet are not processed by the same adjudicator. They each need their own set of forms. You are submitting three seperate packets in one package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.