27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It's outlined in the instructions for both the I765 and the I131.

I765:

-g 1145 

- cover letter   

- copy of passport bio page 

- copy of k1 visa from passport 

- 1 797 NOA2 from I 129F (NOT NOA1)

- electronic I 94 

- PHOTOCOPY FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS of certified copy of marriage certificate 

- two passport style photos attached to paper and placed in a bag 

I131:

-g 1145 

- cover letter   

- 1 797 NOA2 from I 129F (NOT NOA1)

- electronic I 94 

- PHOTOCOPY FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS of certified copy of marriage certificate 

The seperate forms of the AOS packet are not processed by the same adjudicator. They each need their own set of forms. You are submitting three seperate packets in one package.

Got it, thanks so much for your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mrsjackson said:

I’ve read them sometimes you miss things. Especially in a tedious process as involved as this one. So I’ll include his birth certificate as well as his tax return. Thanks

Be thankful you don't need to submit a 50 page divorce decree every time flipping time.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

Be thankful you don't need to submit a 50 page divorce decree every time flipping time.

Oh my gosh I certainly am! Haha 

14 hours ago, Mrsjackson said:

I’ve read them sometimes you miss things. Especially in a tedious process as involved as this one. So I’ll include his birth certificate as well as his tax return. Thanks

Include evidence of his current income as well not just the tax return.  3-6 months of pay stubs works. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
2 hours ago, NikLR said:

Include evidence of his current income as well not just the tax return.  3-6 months of pay stubs works. 

He is self employed so no pay stubs or letter from employer. I included his business tax return as well though (schedule c - profit or loss from business) and self employment tax sheet. Will that be ok? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Don't forget you need a total of 6 passport photos. 2 for each petition.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

22 hours ago, Mrsjackson said:

Just being extra thorough am I missing anything? 

- payment ($1225 made payable to us dept of state) 

- g 1145 

- cover letter 

- I 485 

- copy of k1 visa from passport 

- 1 797 NOA1 from I 129F

- copy of paper I 94 from passport 

- electronic I 94 

- copy of my birth certificate 

- certified copy of marriage certificate 

- two passport style photos attached to paper and placed in a bag 

- ds - 3025 

- I 864 

- my husband’s (petitioner) 2018 tax return 

- I 765 

- I 131 

thanks! 

Just make sure you send separate documents with the EAD/AP. We sent it all together but I included their own cover sheet, copy of my husband's k1. i94, NOA, and marriage certificate. Someone put they've never heard of that. Well I hadn't either until I posted the same thing you did and someone told me then. Even though they can be filed together they will get separated. We never got any RFE and were approved for the EAD/AP. Still awaiting interview for GC. Good luck!

...Oh and the passport style photos for each applications so should be six total!

Edited by Brittani

5 hours ago, Mrsjackson said:

He is self employed so no pay stubs or letter from employer. I included his business tax return as well though (schedule c - profit or loss from business) and self employment tax sheet. Will that be ok? 

Yes since he's self employed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, I am also completing my AOS/EAD/AP and need to know if I include previous Marriage Certificate and Divorce Decree for Petitioner and Beneficiary with  each of the I-485/I-765/I-131?

Thanks to everyone on here, we wouldn't have made it to this point without all the guidance and info.

Edited by Joan58
typo

Timeline
4 hours ago, Joan58 said:

Hi, I am also completing my AOS/EAD/AP and need to know if I include previous Marriage Certificate and Divorce Decree for Petitioner and Beneficiary with  each of the I-485/I-765/I-131?

Thanks to everyone on here, we wouldn't have made it to this point without all the guidance and info.

Hi. I would start a new thread with your question because I don’t think anyone will see this because the thread is old. I got a notification because it’s my thread but can’t answer your question. Someone will be able to though so just go to the top right of the page and click ‘forum’ and then ‘start new topic’ and click on the AOS section since that’s where you are in your journey. Good luck! 

Edited by Mrsjackson

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

It's outlined in the instructions for both the I765 and the I131.

I765:

-g 1145 

- cover letter   

- 1 797 NOA2 from I 129F (NOT NOA1)

- electronic I 94 

- PHOTOCOPY FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS of certified copy of marriage certificate 

I131:

-g 1145 

- cover letter   

- 1 797 NOA2 from I 129F (NOT NOA1)

- electronic I 94 

- PHOTOCOPY FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS of certified copy of marriage certificate 

The seperate forms of the AOS packet are not processed by the same adjudicator. They each need their own set of forms. You are submitting three seperate packets in one package.

I believe the I-94 isn't needed for I-175 assuming you are filing as (c)(9) category . From i-765 instructions page 20. 

"A. A copy of at least one of the following documents: Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record (front and back), a
printout of your electronic Form I-94 from www.cbp.gov/i94, passport, or other travel document. If you are filing
Form I-765 under the (c)(9) category, copies of any of the above are not required."

1 hour ago, aqb said:

I believe the I-94 isn't needed for I-175 assuming you are filing as (c)(9) category . From i-765 instructions page 20. 

"A. A copy of at least one of the following documents: Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record (front and back), a
printout of your electronic Form I-94 from www.cbp.gov/i94, passport, or other travel document. If you are filing
Form I-765 under the (c)(9) category, copies of any of the above are not required."

What I do know is that I got an RFIE for "name does not match" and was requested I submit my BC (not mentioned there), my Passport, my K1 visa sticker (not mentioned there either) and my MC (also not mentioned) and all of which i originally sent so I would not be so certain of following that minimal list.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.