1,474 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just wanted to update:

Previous post: 

Hi All- My I751 ROC has been pending since March 2019 and my N400 since March 2020. Just got an update today that my N400 notice of interview has been mailed. I am in Boston, MA. I'm guessing that the interview will also cover the I751 ROC part of it, whatever that means.

Latest update:

I had received my N-400 notice in the mail for an interview today ie. 03/26 2021 but it did not explicitly mention that my I751 would be adjudicated at the same time. However, my spouse accompanied me for the interview. We were interviewed at our local Boston USCIS office. The IO said that he will be doing both the I751 ROC and N400 interview. First question was about how we met, whether our families knew our spouses and timeline of our dating & marriage  (how long after dating did we move in together, was there a proposal etc.) International trips and whether we were together on those trips. He already had our thick folder of I751  evidence from 2 years ago and was not too concerned about evidence. HE said that we had enough of the evidence! We have a 30+ year age difference so he said that the age difference had initially thrown him off but he had enough evidence to prove that our marriage is real.

Then all of us waiting outside in the waiting area while he worked on his computer for 20 mins. Then he called me back in and did the naturalization part of the interview ( Who is the president, how many years do we elect President for, responsibility of US citizens, how many amendments to the constitution, ways in which US citizens can participate in their democracy, and one other that i cant remember) Got all 6 correct and then he went through the regular yes/no questions. 

Said that he could not approve on the spot because we had submitted so much evidence for him to review but we MIGHT be hearing back later this afternoon or in the next few days. He had to get stuff signed off by supervisor.

Hoping to hear some good news soon!

Edited by Boston17

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anybody else still waiting?

Been sitting at 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview' here in NY since November 25th. I've not applied for citizenship yet, I'm just trying to remove conditions.

I-129F Sent........... ...................................25th January 2016

I-129F NOA1.............................................3rd February 2016

I-129F RFE................................................30th March 2016 *Missing Beneficiary's intent to marry letter

RFE Reply................................................13th April 2016

I-129F NOA2.............................................28th April 2016

NVC Received..........................................13th May 2016

Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned..........17th May 2016

Sent to consulate....................................18th May 2016

DS-160 filled out......................................19th May 2016

Consulate received.................................26th May 2016

Packet 3 received....................................28th May 2016

Medical.....................................................11th July 2016

Interview...................................................27th July 2016 - Approved!

Entered USA............................................27th December 2016

Married.....................................................29th December 2016

AOS Filed.................................................6th January 2017

NOA..........................................................10th January 2017

Biometrics................................................7th March 2017

EAD/AP Approved....................................11th April 2017

EAD/AP Received....................................22nd April 2017

AOS Approved.........................................23rd June 2017 *Interview Waived

Greencard received..................................29th June 2017

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Markip1 said:

Anybody else still waiting?

Been sitting at 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview' here in NY since November 25th. I've not applied for citizenship yet, I'm just trying to remove conditions.

I’m still waiting, ‘ready to be scheduled’ too. SLC, Utah. :( 

14 minutes ago, gralha said:

I will be having my combo interview on Monday. For Greencard/citizenship, I will give an update when it’s done

How do you know it's going to be a combo interview? did you receive a letter that indicates that it will be a combo interview?

1 minute ago, gralha said:

I got both letters for the I-751 and the N-400. Same day and same time.

Ah that makes sense. I only got the letter for N-400 but I also have a pending I-751 petition. Hopefully the IO can adjudicate both at the same time. 

I had applied for i751 ROC jointly on 15 March 2019. Now my interview has been  schedule by USCIS on 10 April2021, waiting for letter. But my problem is that I have been separated with wife . So what should i do now? Shall i go with attorney. or by myself for the interview. And what document shall i take with myself.

Edited by Imran Burhan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, Imran Burhan said:

I had applied for i751 ROC jointly on 15 March 2019. Now my interview has been  schedule by USCIS on 10 April2021, waiting for letter. But my problem is that I have been separated with wife . So what should i do now? Shall i go with attorney. or by myself for the interview. And what document shall i take with myself.

Edited 4 hours ago by Imran Burhan

Best would be to reconcile with your spouse and go to the interview together. Bring updated evidence of good faith marriage.

If is not possible for your spouse to go to the interview then go yourself and request your i751 case be converted to a waiver case at the interview. Your will need to have evidence for the type of waiver you will be seeking. If you have filed for devorce being evidence you have filed for devorce. If you seek a waiver of abuse bring evidence of abuse, if you are seeking a waiver for extreme emotional abuse being evidence of extreme emotional abuse.

Yes I would consult with an immagration attorney immediately to put together a strategy for your case.  Yes, bring a lawyer to the interview.

If you don’t show up for your interview you will be denied, if you show up without your spouse for a joint i751 interview you will be denied, unless you convert to a waiver case.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

I just got back from the interview,I-751 approved and N-400 approved. I am now an American citizen, it took almost 26 months. The officer did the combo interview and also my sworn.  It was pretty straight forward, my wife stayed the whole time inside the office with me and during citizenship interview.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by gralha

Timeline
34 minutes ago, gralha said:

I just got back from the interview,I-751 approved and N-400 approved. I am now an American citizen, it took almost 26 months. The officer did the combo interview and also my sworn.  It was pretty straight forward, my wife stayed the whole time inside the office with me and during citizenship interview.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, Boston17 said:

Just wanted to update:

Previous post: 

Hi All- My I751 ROC has been pending since March 2019 and my N400 since March 2020. Just got an update today that my N400 notice of interview has been mailed. I am in Boston, MA. I'm guessing that the interview will also cover the I751 ROC part of it, whatever that means.

Latest update:

I had received my N-400 notice in the mail for an interview today ie. 03/26 2021 but it did not explicitly mention that my I751 would be adjudicated at the same time. However, my spouse accompanied me for the interview. We were interviewed at our local Boston USCIS office. The IO said that he will be doing both the I751 ROC and N400 interview. First question was about how we met, whether our families knew our spouses and timeline of our dating & marriage  (how long after dating did we move in together, was there a proposal etc.) International trips and whether we were together on those trips. He already had our thick folder of I751  evidence from 2 years ago and was not too concerned about evidence. HE said that we had enough of the evidence! We have a 30+ year age difference so he said that the age difference had initially thrown him off but he had enough evidence to prove that our marriage is real.

Then all of us waiting outside in the waiting area while he worked on his computer for 20 mins. Then he called me back in and did the naturalization part of the interview ( Who is the president, how many years do we elect President for, responsibility of US citizens, how many amendments to the constitution, ways in which US citizens can participate in their democracy, and one other that i cant remember) Got all 6 correct and then he went through the regular yes/no questions. 

Said that he could not approve on the spot because we had submitted so much evidence for him to review but we MIGHT be hearing back later this afternoon or in the next few days. He had to get stuff signed off by supervisor.

Hoping to hear some good news soon!

Updated 5/7/2021

May 7, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
May 7, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Just waiting to receive the date for my Oath ceremony.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We are still waiting, and I'm getting very frustrated. We called twice, waiting for a reply, got assigned a number. After calling a third time, the agent on phone agreed we were outside the processing time and would escalate to Tier 2. Today my wife gets call back and the Tier 2 says we are within normal processing time and they send an email trying to say it, but I don't see how, its now been 26 months!!!!!!!  we have been awaiting for interview assigned since the letter we got August 31 telling us they would be assigned interview time soon.   These people don't care, and I am not sure the Tier 2 agent didn't do any research on our case, just called to blow us off with saying we are in normal processing time.

What to try next? Contact Senator? 

Edited by blueone74

I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? California Service Center on 2/27/16

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : 2/20/16

I-129F NOA1 : 2/27/2016

I-129F NOA2 : 5/5/16

NVC Left: 6/3/2016

Interview Date : 8/1/2016 approved.

Visa Received : 8/16/2016

US Entry : 10/9/2016

Married: 10/13/2016

Adjustment of Status/EAD/Parole:

Filed : 1/2/2017

NOA : 1/11/2017

Biometrics : 2/27/17

EAD/Parole Card received: 4/26/17

I-485 approval 6/3/2017

Green Card received 6/10/17

I-751 filed remove conditions 3/6/2019

NOA received 3/12/2019

Receipt with SRC number

Bio appointment-Fingerprints 11/12/2019

old website site has confirmed finger prints

5/6/2020 notice that they are ready to schedule interview

8/31/2020 notice of case transfer to NBC Lee's Summit

says that will notify us of decision on case or if need additional info

11/3/2020 called for Info pass

11/30/2020 Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp

2/1/2020 still no update since case transfer to Lee's Summit

Timeline
On 5/7/2021 at 5:28 PM, Boston17 said:

Updated 5/7/2021

May 7, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
May 7, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

Just waiting to receive the date for my Oath ceremony.

On May 10, i got a notification that scheduled my Oath for June 23rd. 

I filed I 751 in March 2019 and N 400 in March 2020 and i was approved for citizenship on May 7, 2021. 26 months in all! My spouse and I were called for an I 751 Interview in March 2021, 2 months ago almost. They did not approve me on the spot- it took almost 6 weeks for approval. I had involved my senators office since October 2020. Cant be sure that it helped but it did not hurt the case!

7 hours ago, blueone74 said:

We are still waiting, and I'm getting very frustrated. We called twice, waiting for a reply, got assigned a number. After calling a third time, the agent on phone agreed we were outside the processing time and would escalate to Tier 2. Today my wife gets call back and the Tier 2 says we are within normal processing time and they send an email trying to say it, but I don't see how, its now been 26 months!!!!!!!  we have been awaiting for interview assigned since the letter we got August 31 telling us they would be assigned interview time soon.   These people don't care, and I am not sure the Tier 2 agent didn't do any research on our case, just called to blow us off with saying we are in normal processing time.

What to try next? Contact Senator? 

They did change the time and it’s within 35 months. Check the UsciS website. I’m still waiting also. Just gotta be patient

AOS Approved in 308 days

Spoiler

Adjusted from Visa B1/B2 via Marriage to USC 

Sent Package July 26th 2016

EAD approved in (87 days)

Received EAD Combo Card (101 days)

Interview May 30th 2017 (308 days) 

Case Approved May 30th 2017 (308 days)

Greencard received June 7th 2017 (316 days)

ROC Approved in 955 Days (time affected by covid office closures)

Spoiler

Sent Package - 5/11/2019 - (0 days)

NOA Date - 5/14/2019  - (3 days) Conditional Greencard with ext expiration date 11/30/2020

Biometrics - 6/18/2019 - (38 days)

Transfer to NBC - 4/20/20 - (345 days)

Transfer back to Vermont Center - 4/21/20 (Never received that letter but USCIS agents over the phone advises this and have no explanation as to why it was transferred nor transferred back) - (346 days)

InfoPass - 11/20/20 (to get 1 year temp I-551 Stamp in Valid Passport) - (556 days)

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview - 1/4/2021 (601 days)

Interview Scheduled on 9/22/2021 for 10/20/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 9/23/21

Interview Scheduled on 9/26/2021 for 10/28/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 10/4/2021

Called to get info pass to get second i-551 stamp before it expires in November, They will call back within 2 weeks to schedule infopass - 10/6/21

Infopass scheduled for 10/26/21 and told 10/28/2021 Interview still on. Went to Interview. Told need to call USCIS for another infopass appointment. Emergency Infopass scheduled for 11/2/2021.

Infopass - I-551 Stamp - 11/2/2021

Case Approved January 28 2022 (955 days)

N-400 Application

FO: Atlanta, GA

Filed N-400 Online - 3/4/2022

Biometrics Reuse - 3/4/22 (Service Center NBC)

Interview Scheduled - 9/12/22

Interview Date - 10/19/22

Decision: Decision cannot be made at this time

Application Recommended to be approved and submitted for Quality Review - 10/26/22

Oath Ceremony will be scheduled 10/26/2022

OATH CEREMONY MAILED - 10/27/2022

Checked online Oath Ceremony is - 11/18/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.