Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, americaninlove said:

Where did you see that!?! We are March!! Fingers crossed. Yes they already said they would not even consider an expedite. They told him they would schedule an infopass for him to speak to someone in person. He hangs up, then an hour later gets an email saying that they tried to reach him to schedule but there was no answer. He was literally sitting on the couch with his phone the whole time. It’s not like he had anywhere else to be lol. It says to call back. But he has not been able to get through since then. He will call again tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers. And to top it all off, I was let go from my job of ten years so we could go to Ireland together (I have all the time in the world now!) but of course we can’t. Sigh...

I just saw someone post about the uscis change and I looked at the website and it  says they are working on March filers and the processing time is now 2.5-5 months! 

I’m praying this is right , if that’s the case we will be approved any day. Keep trying though your case is extreme especially if you lost your job also! I think it depends who you get on the phone. They didn’t even look for evidence for our case just rejected it, I think the person I got on the phone just put in a half assed request. 

10 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

I just saw someone post about the uscis change and I looked at the website and it  says they are working on March filers and the processing time is now 2.5-5 months! 

I’m praying this is right , if that’s the case we will be approved any day. Keep trying though your case is extreme especially if you lost your job also! I think it depends who you get on the phone. They didn’t even look for evidence for our case just rejected it, I think the person I got on the phone just put in a half assed request. 

Yes exactly the same. The guy was just like “nope.” Ugh. I agree it depends on who you get. I just looked and see the same March 2. We are March 15. Fingers crossed we will hear something in the next few weeks!! But he will still call again tomorrow (he went to a funeral today). I will update!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Yes exactly the same. The guy was just like “nope.” Ugh. I agree it depends on who you get. I just looked and see the same March 2. We are March 15. Fingers crossed we will hear something in the next few weeks!! But he will still call again tomorrow (he went to a funeral today). I will update!

Me too , I remember you from the feb 2018 filers group looks like we have the same timeline. At least you will have a glimmer of hope for him now when he gets home.

8 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

Me too , I remember you from the feb 2018 filers group looks like we have the same timeline. At least you will have a glimmer of hope for him now when he gets home.

Wow we do have almost exact timelines. That’s crazy! And both Irish. What county are you from?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Wow we do have almost exact timelines. That’s crazy! And both Irish. What county are you from?

I know ! I’m from Dublin but was living in Wexford , there wasn’t many Irish applying at the time so anyone that was I was watching lol

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

Glory to God!! 

Priority Date 3/25

biometrics 4/26 

email and text received 7/30 that card is being produced 

no change on website 

saw it in case tracker tho 

Receipt Number: MSC********* 

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On July 30, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC*********

Yes! I can’t wait to see this too! Really needed some good news today 

3 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

I know ! I’m from Dublin but was living in Wexford , there wasn’t many Irish applying at the time so anyone that was I was watching lol

He was living in Germany at the time so went through German consulate but yes I always notice the Irish people on here too!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

Yes! I can’t wait to see this too! Really needed some good news today 

We are in shock! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, AOSFairfax said:

I'd say the wait is pretty normal. That's correct, that it means that your case is still at the NBC. Some cases change to "ready to be scheduled" a week after biometrics, some wait months. Some cases never even update to "fingerprint review completed." Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to speed the process up and have them transfer it to your LFO. I feel you that one of the worst aspects of this process is the lack of transparency or logic in timelines but not much you can do about it.

Your AP will likely never change status, that's how it is for most people. Since you filed EAD/AP concurrently, once your EAD gets approved, so will your AP (and you will receive a combo card) but the status will not change online. My AP still says "case received" even though I have my combo card. In terms of your A-Number, mine was also changed when I filed for AOS compared to the one I previously had (although not through K1). I don't think that has anything to do with it or that it has any bearing on the process.

You’re right. My status only got updated for the first time 14 days ago and it says ready to be scheduled and then I got my interview letter in my mailbox on Saturday without a further update.

i think some officers just don’t bother to update the online status. I was worried sick the entire time when everyone else was getting an update and I didn’t.

so everyone should pay more attention to their mailbox than the online updates and if you change address make sure you keep in touch with your old address (most times they just send notice to the address on forms)

31 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

Glory to God!! 

Priority Date 3/25

biometrics 4/26 

email and text received 7/30 that card is being produced 

no change on website 

saw it in case tracker tho 

Receipt Number: MSC********* 

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On July 30, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC*********

This is amazing news!!! So happy for you! Let see some more approvals 🙌🏼🙌🏼

49 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

We are in shock! 

But you’re not a K1 visa filer, are you?

7 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

Trust me, when I get approved, I'll be screaming here!! :D

Haha me too! I’m having a coconut rum and lemonade to celebrate the fact it’s moved on lmao 🤣 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.