s007rrt

Why would an I130 application be forwarded to a local office when the beneficiary is not in the USA?

66 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, s007rrt said:

Yes there are unfortunate updates. Interviewed and asked questions about him (spouse) mostly. I didn't have "detailed" responses and facing a NOID. 

Not sure if you’ll see this. But I am wondering if the same thing is about to happen to me. Husband was expedited at airport and tourist visa revoked 4/2017, they saw a picture of him on his phone at a machine shop and he told them he was helping my uncle move his shop, they said that was considered working. Inadmissible  212a7aii. Fine, done. I moved to his country with my daughter, lived there 10 months, got married. Came back and filed 130 on 8/8/2018. TSC. Received RFE, responded and received by uscis 4/24. On 4/30 case updated that it was transferred. However, we have not received the notice so we have no idea where it went. Hopefully it was just for work overload. But I am fully prepared if they want to interview me honestly. There is nothing to hide. Where is your case at now? 

Edited by inneedofmyhb

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/9/2019 at 11:24 PM, inneedofmyhb said:

Not sure if you’ll see this. But I am wondering if the same thing is about to happen to me. Husband was expedited at airport and tourist visa revoked 4/2017, they saw a picture of him on his phone at a machine shop and he told them he was helping my uncle move his shop, they said that was considered working. Inadmissible  212a7aii. Fine, done. I moved to his country with my daughter, lived there 10 months, got married. Came back and filed 130 on 8/8/2018. TSC. Received RFE, responded and received by uscis 4/24. On 4/30 case updated that it was transferred. However, we have not received the notice so we have no idea where it went. Hopefully it was just for work overload. But I am fully prepared if they want to interview me honestly. There is nothing to hide. Where is your case at now? 

Hello, my case is still with my local office.

4 hours ago, s007rrt said:

Hello, my case is still with my local office.

Found out last week, our case was transferred to NBC, so I may be called in for interview. I don’t have an issue being interviewed as I have every proof of our marriage and all his expedite paperwork when he was sent back. Have you contact congress to see if they can get involved? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Found out last week, our case was transferred to NBC, so I may be called in for interview. I don’t have an issue being interviewed as I have every proof of our marriage and all his expedite paperwork when he was sent back. Have you contact congress to see if they can get involved? 

Nope, there is no reason for Congress to get involved with my situation.

5 minutes ago, s007rrt said:

Nope, there is no reason for Congress to get involved with my situation.

So you just have to wait? Why do you think their going to send NOID? I think they will also request an interview from me, but I’m okay with that, I have everything including all the paperwork from when they expedited him at the airport. I Just don’t understand why they didn’t ask for anything with the RFE they sent me originally asking for a copy of something thst had nothing to do with our marriage. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

So you just have to wait? Why do you think their going to send NOID? I think they will also request an interview from me, but I’m okay with that, I have everything including all the paperwork from when they expedited him at the airport. I Just don’t understand why they didn’t ask for anything with the RFE they sent me originally asking for a copy of something thst had nothing to do with our marriage. 

Yes, I  had  to just wait per my situation. The process was moving along despite our delays and issues. I received notification and the wording of the message suggested exactly what it was-a NOID. I already responded and submitted additional information and was approved today, per text/email notification. I am not sure but in my case a NOID was issued instead of an RFE. I successfully did the rebuttal. If you are contacted for an interview, they can approve it that day (from my understanding).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.