SuzanneG

How we met letter

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So we met on Instagram and we just started talking and then fell in love about 2 months later. So how do you make it into a letter or should I just write we met on Instagram. I’m not someone that overly details things but I also don’t want us to get denied. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Have you met in person in the last 2 years? If not you need to meet in person one time in last 2 years. Ive heard morocco is a tough one to go through so youll probably need a ton of evidence of relationship. For the i-129f you only need to state your meeting in last 2 years. Example: i went to the US to visit fiancee and we went to disney world. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dxec said:

Have you met in person in the last 2 years? If not you need to meet in person one time in last 2 years. Ive heard morocco is a tough one to go through so youll probably need a ton of evidence of relationship. For the i-129f you only need to state your meeting in last 2 years. Example: i went to the US to visit fiancee and we went to disney world. 

I keep hearing horror stories about Morocco. I went there in December and a lady told me about her friend that kept getting denied. I am truly terrified about this whole process to be honest. Do I need to go into details about what we did each day? Sometimes we just stayed at the apartment and talked and were lazy since I was there for 15 days. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, SuzanneG said:

I keep hearing horror stories about Morocco. I went there in December and a lady told me about her friend that kept getting denied. I am truly terrified about this whole process to be honest. Do I need to go into details about what we did each day? Sometimes we just stayed at the apartment and talked and were lazy since I was there for 15 days. 

For the initiate petition, you just need to be brief and concise about when/where you met in the past two years.

Edited by myjourney2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Like myjourney2018 said be brief. I put something like "Talita came to the US and we went to universal studios with my parents and then alone to disney. After that I had to work so we stayed around my house for the remaining days.". She came here for 20 days and that is all i put. How many visits have you had? I have also heard you need a lot of face time with each other for morocco and some very strong evidence of a real relationship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, SuzanneG said:

Do I need to go into details about what we did each day? Sometimes we just stayed at the apartment and talked and were lazy since I was there for 15 days. 

No. Just a short version...met here. Flew this date. Met whomever. Came home. Can show boarding passes, receipts, 8-10 pics 

Timeline
1 hour ago, dxec said:

Like myjourney2018 said be brief. I put something like "Talita came to the US and we went to universal studios with my parents and then alone to disney. After that I had to work so we stayed around my house for the remaining days.". She came here for 20 days and that is all i put. How many visits have you had? I have also heard you need a lot of face time with each other for morocco and some very strong evidence of a real relationship.

We talk daily as often as we can. The 7 hour time difference kills us on my work schedule and his school schedule 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, SuzanneG said:

We talk daily as often as we can. The 7 hour time difference kills us on my work schedule and his school schedule 

How many times have you visited him in Morocco?

Based on the experience of VJ regulars who are dealing/have dealt with the embassy in Morocco, you need more than 1 visit to be successful with K1 there.  How often you talk online doesn't seem to count for much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, SuzanneG said:

So we met on Instagram and we just started talking and then fell in love about 2 months later. So how do you make it into a letter or should I just write we met on Instagram. I’m not someone that overly details things but I also don’t want us to get denied. 

If your response is longer than the space provided on the form itself, then it is time to rethink your response

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Morocco is tough to get a K-1 approved because it is a high-fraud country, with lots of young men trying to meet American women online simply to get out of the country, then once in the US they do just enough to get a green card and then divorce their spouse.  So there will be extra scrutiny of the relationship.  If  you have only had one visit, be prepared for a denial.  Multiple visits, over an extended period of time, might help avoid a denial, and also give you peace of mind that his intentions are real, that he's not just using you.  What does he say when you talk about maybe moving to Morocco to live with him there, to have a life together in his country?  His response is a good indication of his true feelings for you.  Are there any red flags like age difference, religious difference?  Some who try and are denied K-1 visas end up getting married in Morocco and then try CR-1 spousal visa, but to succeed with that you need additional visits, lots of time spent together, documentation to prove everything, and co-mingling of finances evidence.  Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You make it sound like you just visited the once.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

Morocco is tough to get a K-1 approved because it is a high-fraud country, with lots of young men trying to meet American women online simply to get out of the country, then once in the US they do just enough to get a green card and then divorce their spouse.  So there will be extra scrutiny of the relationship.  If  you have only had one visit, be prepared for a denial.  Multiple visits, over an extended period of time, might help avoid a denial, and also give you peace of mind that his intentions are real, that he's not just using you.  What does he say when you talk about maybe moving to Morocco to live with him there, to have a life together in his country?  His response is a good indication of his true feelings for you.  Are there any red flags like age difference, religious difference?  Some who try and are denied K-1 visas end up getting married in Morocco and then try CR-1 spousal visa, but to succeed with that you need additional visits, lots of time spent together, documentation to prove everything, and co-mingling of finances evidence.  Good luck!

you mention everything she need to know. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.