5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

So I made a post a few days ago and I probably went overboard with a wall of text that nobody probably wanted to read let alone respond to. My bad 😅

So I've decided to just ask a question at at time.

We are getting ready to submit interview documents to the consulate/embassy and I wanted some feedback on the I-134, so here goes.

Affidavit of Support / Evidence of Financial Support - (40 Pages Total)

• ??? Do I need to include a letter stating that my income is above 100% and 125% of the FPL ???
  • Form I-134 - Without checking either box "intend" or "do not intend" and with a response of "N/A (Filing for my fiancee for a K1 Visa Process for Permanent Residence)" response to Page 4 - Part 3 - Item Number 38 (8 Pages)
  • Letter from my Bank -  Stating the total amount deposited and the average balance over the past 12 months, the date the account was opened, and the current balance (1 Page)
  • Bank Statements - I included the first page of each statement only and included the following statements: February 2016, December 2016, January 2017, December 2017, January 2018, December 2018, January 2019 (7 Pages)
  • Letter from my Employer - On their stationary/letterhead stating my name, my title, the date of my employment, my current annual salary (and monthly salary), and that I am a permanent employee with them (1 Page)
  • Pay Stubs - Last 3 months' pay stubs from my employer (8 Pages)
  • W-2 Forms - From 2016 to 2018 (4 Pages)
  • Tax Return Transcripts - For the 2016 and 2017 tax years (11 Pages)

Does this seem about right? Or are there any comments? I think I have it covered but I'm getting nervous about this whole thing.

Hope to hear back from you all 😊

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Ammer said:

Hello everyone!

So I made a post a few days ago and I probably went overboard with a wall of text that nobody probably wanted to read let alone respond to. My bad 😅

We are getting ready to submit interview documents to the consulate/embassy and I wanted some feedback on the I-134, so here goes.

• ??? Do I need to include a letter stating that my income is above 100% and 125% of the FPL ???
  • Form I-134 - Without checking either box "intend" or "do not intend" and with a response of "N/A (Filing for my fiancee for a K1 Visa Process for Permanent Residence)" response to Page 4 - Part 3 - Item Number 38 (8 Pages)
  • Letter from my Bank -  Stating the total amount deposited and the average balance over the past 12 months, the date the account was opened, and the current balance (1 Page)
  • Bank Statements - I included the first page of each statement only and included the following statements: February 2016, December 2016, January 2017, December 2017, January 2018, December 2018, January 2019 (7 Pages)
  • Letter from my Employer - On their stationary/letterhead stating my name, my title, the date of my employment, my current annual salary (and monthly salary), and that I am a permanent employee with them (1 Page)

Does this seem about right? Or are there any comments? I think I have it covered but I'm getting nervous about this whole thing.

You have alot of evidence, No need to be nervous.  You probably don't need to submit that much, like if you have your tax transcripts, you probably don't need to include the W2.  Since you have your letter from employer, probably don't need all the bank related stuff.  Either way, probably won't hurt to submit all of that since they can pick and choose what they want.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ammer said:

Hello everyone!

hi.. first of all you should update your profile and your timeline in here so people here can advice you better, because mostly answers will depend on which country you are processing from..

having said that.. im processing from singapore and we are only submitting together with the i134 form the 2018 tax transcript or itr (whichever will be available at the time of interview) but will prepare some of the one stated above just in case io will ask more.

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ammer said:

It really depends on both your personal situation and the consulate.  If ur close to the 125% or self-employed then u should  probably have your bases covered like u have listed. if u are a regular salaried employee with a long employment at a company and earn 6 figures or more then u probably dont need much documentation prepared. 

This is 1 of those box-checking requirements.... technically the I134 isnt required for visa issue "but can be useful" which translates to doing it correctly but not overthinking it.  Since Riyadh is "low volume" for K-1 visas (less than a handful in a given month) u could always email them to ask what they would like to see based on your circumstances.

7 hours ago, TandSarahJane said:

It really depends on both your personal situation and the consulate.  If ur close to the 125% or self-employed then u should  probably have your bases covered like u have listed. if u are a regular salaried employee with a long employment at a company and earn 6 figures or more then u probably dont need much documentation prepared. 

This is 1 of those box-checking requirements.... technically the I134 isnt required for visa issue "but can be useful" which translates to doing it correctly but not overthinking it.  Since Riyadh is "low volume" for K-1 visas (less than a handful in a given month) u could always email them to ask what they would like to see based on your circumstances.

Thank you for your help and insight on this. I really appreciate your time and help 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.