Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/13/2019 at 5:25 PM, d24v said:

Public health!  It's free!  If you haven't had an MMR booster in your adult life, that's covered, as is TDap every ten years.  I got my flu shot while I was at the public health clinic, but that one is easy to get pretty much anywhere as well.  

What since when are vaccinations free? When I went to a travel doctor it cost me nearly $250 in vaccinations. Why would you want to get vaccinations when you could just get them at the doctor when you go for medical? Is there some type of advantage to doing it early? :s

Timeline
2 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

What since when are vaccinations free? When I went to a travel doctor it cost me nearly $250 in vaccinations. Why would you want to get vaccinations when you could just get them at the doctor when you go for medical? Is there some type of advantage to doing it early? :s

It's free here in Manitoba, i had my Tdap, Flu shot and MMR i just asked my family doctor to have those vaccines

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Timeline
3 hours ago, ErickandLeo said:

It's free here in Manitoba, i had my Tdap, Flu shot and MMR i just asked my family doctor to have those vaccines

Yeah some are free, but not all right? When I got my twinrix which is "hepatitis a/b" it costed me money. :o

Timeline

NOA 2 has arrived at my fiance's in Texas!!! Best birthday present for me!.

Now what do we do?  What can I do to prepare? How long do things take for Montreal to get things and set up interviews ? 

Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 10:05 PM, purem4g1c said:

Yeah some are free, but not all right? When I got my twinrix which is "hepatitis a/b" it costed me money. :o

Well, twinrix brand has been depleted due to appropriations/recalls for about 6 months worldwide. Its a good thing that USA immigration does not require that for most adults coming from Canada anyways. :D

Timeline
3 hours ago, Smashy said:

Well, twinrix brand has been depleted due to appropriations/recalls for about 6 months worldwide. Its a good thing that USA immigration does not require that for most adults coming from Canada anyways. :D

I got it about 1.5 years ago. Err, what exactly do they require Canadian's to have done? I can find a "generic" list of immunization's but not a Canadian one?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Blondie0216 said:

NOA 2 has arrived at my fiance's in Texas!!! Best birthday present for me!.

Now what do we do?  What can I do to prepare? How long do things take for Montreal to get things and set up interviews ? 

Now you get to wait some more. Wait for transfer to NVC, wait for case number, wait for transfer to MTL, wait for P3, wait for P4. 

If you don’t have your immunization records and your police check done, I would start on those. You can do your DS-160, but I would wait until you have a case number because they are only valid for so long (and it doesn’t take a million years to fill it out).

We were just over two months from NOA2 to interview schedule (November 13-January 18). Our interview is February 27, so 3.5 months after NOA2. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

I got it about 1.5 years ago. Err, what exactly do they require Canadian's to have done? I can find a "generic" list of immunization's but not a Canadian one?

http://www.health1stmedical.ca/us-vaccination-requirements.html

This is the list on one of the Canadian panel physician’s website 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, d24v said:

You can do your DS-160, but I would wait until you have a case number because they are only valid for so long (and it doesn’t take a million years to fill it out).

How long is the DS-160 valid for? I’ve never read that anywhere and didn’t see any reference to expiration on the application itself.

10 hours ago, Lana&Ivy said:

How long is the DS-160 valid for? I’ve never read that anywhere and didn’t see any reference to expiration on the application itself.

1 year

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

vx required (OR proof of immunity)

MMR

Tdap

varicella (or verbal chicken pox)

Influenza (in season from Oct to March)

for ages 18-64

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
18 hours ago, d24v said:

Now you get to wait some more. Wait for transfer to NVC, wait for case number, wait for transfer to MTL, wait for P3, wait for P4. 

If you don’t have your immunization records and your police check done, I would start on those. You can do your DS-160, but I would wait until you have a case number because they are only valid for so long (and it doesn’t take a million years to fill it out).

We were just over two months from NOA2 to interview schedule (November 13-January 18). Our interview is February 27, so 3.5 months after NOA2. 

I'm getting my police clearance done Tuesday, ordered long form birth registration/certificate.  I had my immunization titers done. 

Is there anything else I can be prepping 

1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

does it matter when u get your police record? does it have to be within 30 days of the interview? or could I get it like 4 months before?

For Canada they are good for a year. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

On 2/14/2019 at 2:31 PM, purem4g1c said:

They aren't free at the medical either ($50 each or so on top of the base fee), and some require more than one dose usually spaced a month apart which then makes everything way more complicated than just getting them done early. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.