Lana&Ivy

K-1 filers - JAN/FEB 2019 NOA2--> Montreal Consulate

683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay so if April is booked so far, I’m a bit panicked. We have our wedding planned for June 8th. Is there anything I can do to make this an easier process? I have yet to get my packet 3, I feel pretty lost in this part of the process.

jam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mila062019 said:

Okay so if April is booked so far, I’m a bit panicked. We have our wedding planned for June 8th. Is there anything I can do to make this an easier process? I have yet to get my packet 3, I feel pretty lost in this part of the process.

jam

Has Montreal really had your file since February 1st as per your timeline? If that's the case, you may want to send in the P3 documents now without waiting for them to send you anything. You may be able to grab a May 1 appointment when they open up and be ok for June 8th.  

2 hours ago, Mila062019 said:

jam

When does CEAC show your case as last updated? If you can get a May 1 interview and your visa comes through no issues you should be okay. Keep in mind though that April filled up 3 weeks faster than most months, which LOTS of people are going to be on hold waiting for May to open up. 3 weeks worth of P4s is a lot of people looking to schedule. May will go even fast than April did. 

Golden rule of immigration is don't book anything until visa in hand. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish they had a better system for booking interviews. It's causing me so much anxiety not knowing when appointments will open up. If only they had a wait list for us to sign up on or something to make it fair for those who've been waiting longer since getting Packet 4.

I'm so afraid that if I don't check the site often enough, others will swoop in and beat me to it for May 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

*Just venting/thinking out loud* 😂😔

Edited by F + S

Timeline

For those of you who are predicting a May interview.  Do you anticipate having petitioner 2018 tax return for the I-134 evidence by then or using 2017?  I'm worried 2017 won't be recent enought even though US filing date isn't until April 15th.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, F + S said:

I wish they had a better system for booking interviews. It's causing me so much anxiety not knowing when appointments will open up. If only they had a wait list for us to sign up on or something to make it fair for those who've been waiting longer since getting Packet 4.

I'm so afraid that if I don't check the site often enough, others will swoop in and beat me to it for May 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

*Just venting/thinking out loud* 😂😔

I totally feel you, even though I’m not quite at that stage, the unknowns make this process so stressful. I’ve already called all my wedding vendors for alternative dates because i just don’t think it will happen. I know the rule is to not plan anything, but i’m a planner and its tough enough as it is being far away from the person you want to be with.

4 hours ago, Mila062019 said:

Date last updated is February 26th

You can try sending your P3 in via e-mail... the 26th is when they prob mailed P3 to you

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

2 hours ago, Mila062019 said:

I totally feel you, even though I’m not quite at that stage, the unknowns make this process so stressful. I’ve already called all my wedding vendors for alternative dates because i just don’t think it will happen. I know the rule is to not plan anything, but i’m a planner and its tough enough as it is being far away from the person you want to be with.

Hit up that court house... plan a big event when you're not held down by uncertainties. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022

Hi there,

I am an IR-1 actually and this will be my 2nd interview (after my i601 was approved). I was asked to schedule an appointment by Montreal as well and have been diligently checking for 3 weeks now but haven't found anything :(

Have been seeing the same words in red...No appointments available...try again later. I imagine the K-1 and IR-1 slots are the same (if someone can verify?) hence am assuming am in the same boat...looking for an appointment.

I tried calling the local number provided (for Winnipeg) but it would hang up after reaching the immigrant visa option hence I was wondering what number people are calling to check on appointments?

Was hoping to get something for April but I guess those are all full.

Just thought I would message here since I havent been getting a  response when I posted as a new topic on this (sorry)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, OkFine2019! said:

Is this a normal message? Our case left NVC on Tuesday! 

Yep.  Mine left NVC Tuesday as well and still reads "in transit".  I do know our DHL shipment was signed for in Montreal so it's there, just not logged into the system yet, I guess.  Let's keep one another posted!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lana&Ivy said:

Yep.  Mine left NVC Tuesday as well and still reads "in transit".  I do know our DHL shipment was signed for in Montreal so it's there, just not logged into the system yet, I guess.  Let's keep one another posted!

But the “Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center” part?

Timeline
Just now, OkFine2019! said:

But the “Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center” part?

Not relevant to K-1. It’s ok. It’s standard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.