Brazil/US2018

I 134 form Transcripts VS. 1040 necessary??

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I have been reading from many different threads that what the I-134 form is requesting when listed:

"A copy of your last income federal tax return filed"

They need the actually transcripts from IRS??? So the W2s that my employee provided me is not enough??

I have the other requirements no problem and make more than enough to sponsor my fiance. But I am a bit confused that the W2s I printed is not enough and I actually need transcripts. Can someone clarify here??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

So I have been reading from many different threads that what the I-134 form is requesting when listed:

"A copy of your last income federal tax return filed"

They need the actually transcripts from IRS??? So the W2s that my employee provided me is not enough??

I have the other requirements no problem and make more than enough to sponsor my fiance. But I am a bit confused that the W2s I printed is not enough and I actually need transcripts. Can someone clarify here??

I have seen different threads from different countries where they have gone to interview and been given a 221G for transcripts so I would say better safe then sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For a K-1 It's not even a requirement.

I-134 and letter from Employer is enough.

However, I've emailed them and asked, cause I'm planning my F's interview next month.

At least I have emailed in regards to the Interview at Manila. I don't know about anyone else's country.

Edited by MikeMc

For the Brazilian consulate, yes, you have to either give them the 1040, w2 and all other schedules OR you give them the tax transcripts and w2, alongside the i134, of course. 

4 hours ago, MikeMc said:

However, I've emailed them and asked, cause I'm planning my F's interview next month.

At least I have emailed in regards to the Interview at Manila. I don't know about anyone else's country.

This is not relevant to OPs country

23 hours ago, Khallaf said:

I have seen different threads from different countries where they have gone to interview and been given a 221G for transcripts so I would say better safe then sorry.

That is ONLY true for CR/IR visas.  The 1040 is still good for K-1.  That was started by a disgruntled IR petitioner who was unprepared for his interview.  It states on the DoS site what is required.  He brought the 1040 and the requirement for CR/IR is transcript.  All heck broke loose yesterday as he made false claims that 90% of all petitioners were "denied".  He wasn't denied.  They asked him for the transcripts and he didn't have it.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is ONLY true for CR/IR visas.  The 1040 is still good for K-1.  That was started by a disgruntled IR petitioner who was unprepared for his interview.  It states on the DoS site what is required.  He brought the 1040 and the requirement for CR/IR is transcript.  All heck broke loose yesterday as he made false claims that 90% of all petitioners were "denied".  He wasn't denied.  They asked him for the transcripts and he didn't have it.  

from my understanding this has changed for the Philippines, they are now turning people away and handing a 221G till transcripts are sent in for both CR1/IR1 and the K1, that is why I said better safe than sorry.

Edited by Khallaf

17 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

from my understanding this has changed for the Philippines, they are now turning people away and handing a 221G till transcripts are sent in for both CR1/IR1 and the K1, that is why I said better safe than sorry.

That is false and based on one mans rant.  We had a K-1 interview last week with someone here and they only used their 1040 without issue.

The requirements are listed on the Embassy website.  1040 or transcript for K-1, transcript for CR/IR.  They guy was just an idiot and he actually charges a fee to help people with the process.  He runs a FB page.  He was wrong and the information he stated was wrong.

It certainly won't hurt to have it with you but there have been NO changes to the procedures or policies.  He was unprepared for the interview and if you saw his post, he even blamed President Trump.  He simply was not prepared for the interview and he went crazy when he got the 221(g).  He could have downloaded it and printed it there (they will do that) and answered the 221(g) immediately. He decided to go on a rant about how he was "denied" and 90% of all interviews were denied because of transcripts.  If 90% of all Manila visas were denied why is there only one person complaining about it?  

It will never hurt to have it with you but the reasoning is important because others read this.  It took 14 hours yesterday to get people to calm down.  There are no changes at this point.  CR/IR always required transcripts.  That is what he was interviewing for.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well people in my K1 group chat some have been asked for it and some haven't.

I think it might be an issue if your w-2 doesn't match your copy of the 1040.

But email from Embassy stated it's up to the consular.

I asked for them to show me where it's listed as a required document for the k-1/k-2 and they just responded with the same. Up to consular.

So apparently there is a consular who's making it difficult for everyone. 

4 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Well people in my K1 group chat some have been asked for it and some haven't.

I think it might be an issue if your w-2 doesn't match your copy of the 1040.

But email from Embassy stated it's up to the consular.

I asked for them to show me where it's listed as a required document for the k-1/k-2 and they just responded with the same. Up to consular.

So apparently there is a consular who's making it difficult for everyone. 

The CO has a lot of freedom.  I've seen them deny people who earned over the minimum and approve people under the minimum because they look at future potential income and a stable steady income.  The CO can decide he wants transcripts or they can accept the 1040.  Since transcripts are so easily obtained, why not just have one with you?  The transcript is easier than a full 1040.  Most people requested to give the transcript in the 221(g) did not have the full 1040.  They just brought Form 1040.  The request is the form and all schedules and forms.  That includes the W2.  Basically if you do not have the full tax return as sent to the IRS, they can ask for a transcript.  Just form 1040 (2 pages) and W2 is not enough.  Make sure to include all schedules and attachments...or get a transcript.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

The CO has a lot of freedom.  I've seen them deny people who earned over the minimum and approve people under the minimum because they look at future potential income and a stable steady income.  The CO can decide he wants transcripts or they can accept the 1040.  Since transcripts are so easily obtained, why not just have one with you?  The transcript is easier than a full 1040.  Most people requested to give the transcript in the 221(g) did not have the full 1040.  They just brought Form 1040.  The request is the form and all schedules and forms.  That includes the W2.  Basically if you do not have the full tax return as sent to the IRS, they can ask for a transcript.  Just form 1040 (2 pages) and W2 is not enough.  Make sure to include all schedules and attachments...or get a transcript. 

Yes apparently a little too much freedom.

For those that follow the rules we would never have that. We follow what's posted on the Website and in the documents we submit themselves.

I find it irritating they have so much control and it's based on their mood, not the following of the rules that are listed.

I know people been together 7+ years, denied based on lack of bona-fied relationship, vs some that never actually met but got approved.

The inconsistencies are a shame.

5 minutes ago, MikeMc said:

Yes apparently a little too much freedom.

For those that follow the rules we would never have that. We follow what's posted on the Website and in the documents we submit themselves.

I find it irritating they have so much control and it's based on their mood, not the following of the rules that are listed.

I know people been together 7+ years, denied based on lack of bona-fied relationship, vs some that never actually met but got approved.

The inconsistencies are a shame.

The problem is they DON'T follow the rules.  They accept the FULL 1040 package (as listed) but they issue 221(g) if you only use the 1040 and W2.  If you are bringing 3 pages then you may get hit with a 221(g).  If you bring 20 to 30 (sometimes more) then you are fine.  The difference is including the schedules and forms.  

The COs are very well trained and I have yet to see a single case where they were not correct in issuing a denial (including mine).  I've heard the complaints but when you get more information it becomes very clear why the denials took place.  

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

From Manila Consular Communications Group.

Please note that visa applications are adjudicated on a case-by-case basis according to the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and applicable federal regulations. 

Petitioners in fiancé(e) (K1) cases are generally expected to provide the adequacy of their own financial resources to ensure that the applicant, after admission into the United States, will not become primarily dependent on the U.S. Government for subsistence. When applying for a K1 visa, a completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate the petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for the applicant.  The petitioner must submit credible evidence of income and assets to meet Federal poverty guidelines for his prospective household size.

To substantiate the information regarding income and other financial resources, the petitioner should attach to Form I-134 a copy of his/her most recent Federal income tax return (Form 1040), IRS transcript, wage statements (Form W-2), evidence of U.S. Citizenship and evidence of current sustained income.

CONSULAR COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (CCG)

Embassy of the United States of America  | Manila, Philippines

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

For Spain, I submitted my W2's and they didn't say anything. I realized afterwords that I forgot to send my transcripts and brought it during the interview and the lady stated we didn't need to because we made well above the limit by my W2's and paystubs.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, MikeMc said:

Lately for Manila I have seen some K-1's approved without asking for the 134's and returns. Some with CO's asking for the 134 and returns and one or two CO's asking for the IRS transcripts. My interview is in Manila on Feb 21. I was lucky enough to be able to have my transcripts mailed to me in 7 days. I will report back on what I overhear at the embassy while I am there.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.