Jump to content
ritod1984

Manila Embassy, Tax Transcript Requirement

21 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Could be. Generally current pay stubs are enough. And that's if they even ask for the I-134 at all, which they don't a lot. I sent pay stubs and W2's to back it up, and letter of employment. They never asked for any of it, but that being said, always go prepared because they can obviously. 

 

 

I kind of hope they start checking the I-134's because it really needs to be enforced.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifvd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

I kind of hope they start checking the I-134's because it really needs to be enforced.

Amen to that, and as heartless as it may seem I do not think co-sponsors should ever be allowed. In my mind if you can't afford to support someone you shouldn't bring them here for their own good. So many people think that America is the land of milk and honey and everyone has everything they won't then the end up in bad situations because they can not afford anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Could be. Generally current pay stubs are enough. And that's if they even ask for the I-134 at all, which they don't a lot. I sent pay stubs and W2's to back it up, and letter of employment. They never asked for any of it, but that being said, always go prepared because they can obviously. 

 

 

I kind of hope they start checking the I-134's because it really needs to be enforced.

Most recent tax returns.   Pay stubs aren't required.

 

Thing with the I-134 is that is not a binding document like the I-864, and that is partly why the embassy hasn't bothered asking for the I-134 very often since 2O14 (5 years)

 

The K-1 is a crazy visa .. it is a non-immigrant visa so financial support evidence isn't really required (if it were the I-864 would be required),

 

Once in the states and married you suddenly have to provide the I-864 with proper evidence.

 

Maybe they should just do away with the K-1 and have everyone get married first .. ;)  

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Most recent tax returns.   Pay stubs aren't required.

 

Thing with the I-134 is that is not a binding document like the I-864, and that is partly why the embassy hasn't bothered asking for the I-134 very often since 2O14 (5 years)

 

The K-1 is a crazy visa .. it is a non-immigrant visa so financial support evidence isn't really required (if it were the I-864 would be required),

 

Once in the states and married you suddenly have to provide the I-864 with proper evidence.

 

Maybe they should just do away with the K-1 and have everyone get married first .. ;)  

 

 

I am a K-1 filer and I actually agree with this...:-)))))


Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Maybe they should just do away with the K-1 and have everyone get married first .. ;)

That is actually not a bad idea really except you would make it hard on a man that wanted to marry his boyfriend from Saudi Arabia along with other places that make it a little difficult to get married.

1 minute ago, Victor & Angelica said:

The tax transcripts are a USA requirement. Regardless of the immigrants country. 

You could not be any more wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

That is actually not a bad idea really except you would make it hard on a man that wanted to marry his boyfriend from Saudi Arabia along with other places that make it a little difficult to get married.

You could not be any more wrong.

 

Exactly. While as many people note, CR-1 is a better visa anyways, kind of is out of reach for some of us haha so only have one option really. Since a lot can't get a tourist visa to come to the US, marry and go home. So.

 

Think financially people should and just need to be more prepared. So many, as you mentioned, don't realize how much one just the process is, then how much money is actually involved once the fiance arrives in the US. Income wise I'm more than good but I still took a 5k loan out of my 401k to have extra money ready for any unknown expenses that may come up. Plus before I started the I-129f petition I had looked at all costs involved and had the money for everything including AOS set aside already. People just need to actually know what they are getting into.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifvd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copy of most recent federal tax return. Include the W-2 slips—at least one year’s worth, and maybe three. There is no need to include the state tax form. The consulate prefers to see the tax return in the form of IRS transcripts (an IRS-generated summary of the return that was actually filed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Victor & Angelica said:

Copy of most recent federal tax return. Include the W-2 slips—at least one year’s worth, and maybe three. There is no need to include the state tax form. The consulate prefers to see the tax return in the form of IRS transcripts (an IRS-generated summary of the return that was actually filed)

 

Main thing people are pointing out is that each embassy enforces their own standards. Some just accept current pay stubs or W2's, others can enforce IRS transcripts if they want. Generally the IRS transcripts are just for the I-846 financial form.

 

As for Manila embassy, they hardly even ask to see any financial form or documents, which I wish they really would. They have their own standards as each embassy has their own elsewhere. Some are stricter than others.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifvd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×