saiibi

parents interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I recently received my parents interview dates. Immediately scheduled their medical required by the embassy. I am little worried about them as they are old. Anyone knows what sort of questions will be asked from them during the interview? any insight will be appreciated.

42 minutes ago, saiibi said:

Hello,

I recently received my parents interview dates. Immediately scheduled their medical required by the embassy. I am little worried about them as they are old. Anyone knows what sort of questions will be asked from them during the interview? any insight will be appreciated.

There is nothing to worried about it interview will be between your parents  and officers  , if you file application for your parents they will ask about you jobs . where u living , how many room . etc .

Your parents must to show them current address passport and birthday certificate etc , 

One problem can be if your parents are sick and they need medical insurance in US , They cant get befits from government ,    

good luck   

Edited by bestluck

Timeline
1 minute ago, bestluck said:

There is nothing to worried about it interview will be between your parents  and officers  , if you file application for your parents they will ask about you jobs . where u living , how many room . etc .

Your parents must to show them current address passport and birthday certificate etc , 

One problem can be if your parents are sick and they need medical insurance in US , They cant get befits from government ,    

good luck   

NO THANK GOD NO ONE IS SICK BUT WHEN THEY LAND AND HAVE THERE GREEN CARDS CAN I STILL GET THEIR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR REGULAR CHECK UPS AND MEDICAL ATTENTION IF THEY NEED ANY GOD FORBID

3 minutes ago, saiibi said:

NO THANK GOD NO ONE IS SICK BUT WHEN THEY LAND AND HAVE THERE GREEN CARDS CAN I STILL GET THEIR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR REGULAR CHECK UPS AND MEDICAL ATTENTION IF THEY NEED ANY GOD FORBID

Good luck and you know the address , so send your application as soon as possible tho PIA Speed X , Office , them Attach your Received tho Email for Embassy , Good luck .

Make sure all original form  send tho mail service no copy accept , make copy for your record in case .

Still got question ? feel free to message 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bestluck said:

Good luck and you know the address , so send your application as soon as possible tho PIA Speed X , Office , them Attach your Received tho Email for Embassy , Good luck .

Make sure all original form  send tho mail service no copy accept , make copy for your record in case .

Still got question ? feel free to message 

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING  I GOT COMPLETLY LOST

3 hours ago, saiibi said:

Of course you can buy insurance for them. You might want to investigate this in advance as it tends to be quite expensive for elderly people.

There have been posts of the cost of expensive health care for the elderly coming up of late at IR5 adjudications. Higher scrutiny of the potential of new immigrants becoming a public charge. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well the one thing about getting old is that you will at some point need medical treatment, the cost of cover can come as a shock to many bringing their Parents to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

20 hours ago, saiibi said:

Hello,

My mom's interview experience:

My mom and I attended the interview together. We waited in lines for 3 hours, 3 looooonggg hours in various lines outside and inside the US Consulate. It was HOT, it was HUMID, like 2000% humidity. There was no AC in the waiting area. There was AC in the areas the CO were working though. How nice of them. I must tell you, I am a big guy, 220 lbs, 6ft4. I wore a full suit. It was torture, absolutely terrible.

And then it was the interview.

They asked my mom a grand total of two questions:

1) How did your son get to go to the US in the first place?

2) What is your son's marital status?

It took a grand total of 30 seconds.

Then "Congratulations, your visa was approved. Welcome to the United States of America".

That was IT. I missed a week of work, and traveled 2000 miles for that.

19 hours ago, saiibi said:

Mom entered the US 11/11. Raced to have SSN issued and thankfully we got SSN by 12/10 just in time to apply her for Obamacare before the marketplace's deadline of 12/15 and before all the shutdown BS

4 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

Mom entered the US 11/11. Raced to have SSN issued and thankfully we got SSN by 12/10 just in time to apply her for Obamacare before the marketplace's deadline of 12/15 and before all the shutdown BS

Immigration is a qualifying life event enabling you to get /start coverage outside of the open enrollment period. So the “deadline” is based on the life event (I think it’s 60 days after but can’t remember exactly).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You need to look at the ACA information for your state. They are not eligible for Medicare.. after  tears they can buy health insurance through Medicare..  until then the Marketplace is really their only option. 

We used AC for 2 months in 2016... aged 65 and 61... cost was $1500 per month for a silver plan that had a $10,000 yearly deductible. 

Edited by Lil bear

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for this post. I have a question related to the interview. I also applied immigrant visa for my parents who live in China now. Are they going to have the interviews together, or they might go on different dates? I hope somehow they can be together at the consulate for interview. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, Maplewood said:

Thanks for this post. I have a question related to the interview. I also applied immigrant visa for my parents who live in China now. Are they going to have the interviews together, or they might go on different dates? I hope somehow they can be together at the consulate for interview. Thanks!

I applied for my parents at the same time as well but they both had interviews on separate days. it depends on the officers or the available dates I guess, but do not worry its easy as my parents both were approved already and now waiting for passports in the mail. 

how long does it takes to receive the passports after the online status changes to ISSUED... the consular said 2 weeks but I am certain it will be less in time...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It was quite interesting going through the interview with my wife. Nothing much was asked,  mainly on the petioner's place of work who happens to be our daughter. Then where the husband works and proof of relationship between us and the petitioner. We provided  series of pictures spanning  through almost 5yrs. The Co was emphatic on older pictures which we actually brought along. It was a smooth ride but at the end, it was discovered that Form I 864A was not filled  by my daughter's husband.  We were then given a paper to provide that form I 864A through DHL document centre and then await our Visa. Thank God for all the effort not wasted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.