M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Javier Mera said:

@Fernanda R Sanz One thing to have in mind too, I just realized this after reading the K1 requirements more carefully, is that in the Section of Attachments it does not mention that the Affidavit support needs to be part of the package you leave at the embassy. Looks like all they care about for the package to have included is even Copies of some of the required documents that you need to gather. The way I interpret it is that documents regarding i-134, proof of relationship you take them with you to the interview, and not include them in the package.

So with this in mind and your previous question about including IRS Transcripts in the packet I would say No because you would be taking them with you to the interview. 

Just a thought that I wanted to share, maybe we are all over complicating things hehe.

Nvm again. I'm going nuts over this freaking requirements document.

Timeline

@Javier Mera I understood the oposite hahaha! At the begining of the K1/K3 instructions says to send only copies in packet 3 and have all the originals at the interview, so what we did is also copies of the affidavits of support and I will add that on the packet3. as "Evidence of Support" is the 13th point in the instructions. Then at the interview I will have beneficiary and petitioner´s originals, the affidavits petitioner and co sponsor, evidence of relationship, the pictures, on going communications, wedding plans and presents to one another. I´m sure there are originals they will not ask me for, but I prefeir to have everything instead of getting any issue at the interview. But this is my personal choise.

I feel you, all this is driving me nuts too! hahaha

Timeline

@andreaam ; @javier Mera  

Guys want to tell you my experience paying this k1 visa, let me know if you had same issues as I did. 

First as you already know, when you get into your ais.usvisa-info account to do the payment only apears the option to do it by cash (I´m in Buenos Aires don´t know if in Cordoba for example may be different) So I got a US Visa Application Fee (MRV) with a bar code to do payment in a rapipago or citibank. The first MRV I got didn´t work in rapipago neather Citibank facility; At the bank they said the code showed as "Invalid Code" as well as the rapipago rep.

Called to the CSRA call center to check if there was any credit card payment in order not to pass through this for the third time. Good news, Yes there is!, but only through the phone: First a rep gives you the account numer you need to enter + #, and transfers you to the option menu, then you do it all with a mashine, choosing options, adding the card information until goes through. 

Finally we could do the payment, got an email with the confirmation and also said to get into the system to schedule my interview. So now I´m ready to go! Finally!! Please keep me updated with your experiences, I want to know if it was just me, or if the issue is in general. 

Good luck!! So little time left to be with the love of our life 😃

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

@Javier Mera I understood the oposite hahaha! At the begining of the K1/K3 instructions says to send only copies in packet 3 and have all the originals at the interview, so what we did is also copies of the affidavits of support and I will add that on the packet3. as "Evidence of Support" is the 13th point in the instructions. Then at the interview I will have beneficiary and petitioner´s originals, the affidavits petitioner and co sponsor, evidence of relationship, the pictures, on going communications, wedding plans and presents to one another. I´m sure there are originals they will not ask me for, but I prefeir to have everything instead of getting any issue at the interview. But this is my personal choise.

I feel you, all this is driving me nuts too! hahaha

For some reason I interpreted the attachments list as the attachments you send in the packet, and not the attachments that are included in instructions PDF. Face palm

Timeline

So my fiancee called today the embassy and they told her that it is best to wait for her to receive the mail from Embassy to start gathering all the paperwork, even though our case at the NVC has been Ready since last week. What are your thoughts on this people? Did you all wait for the Embassy to contact you to start gathering the documents? Scheduling the medical examination? etc...

Thanks 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

So my fiancee called today the embassy and they told her that it is best to wait for her to receive the mail from Embassy to start gathering all the paperwork, even though our case at the NVC has been Ready since last week. What are your thoughts on this people? Did you all wait for the Embassy to contact you to start gathering the documents? Scheduling the medical examination? etc...

Thanks 

In my experience, when our case was ready I sent an email to the embassy telling them my case was ready, and what was the course of action I should follow. Added the nvc case number my full name passport number and my fiance's name. They answered before the 15 days they sugest you to wait for an answer, with the packet 3 instructions. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

In my experience, when our case was ready I sent an email to the embassy telling them my case was ready, and what was the course of action I should follow. Added the nvc case number my full name passport number and my fiance's name. They answered before the 15 days they sugest you to wait for an answer, with the packet 3 instructions. 

So you haven't received anything from them yet? Separate from them answering you email.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

So you haven't received anything from them yet? Separate from them answering you email.

I didn´t want to wait for them to send me the email with the packet 3 instructions, because I didn´t know how long it was going to take. So yes, they send me the packet 3 instructions through email when they answered my concern. No packet through regular mail, just email. 

Hi everyone,

My name is Anthony and I am the U.S petitioner helping my fiance who is in Argentina. We are very close to submitting all of the paper copies for packet 3 to the embassy, and had a few questions that hopefully someone here could clarify. We have assembled everything so far in a binder, with dividers and "folios" for each page. The packet 3 instructions says:

"[...] send us this form attached to the copies of the above mentioned documents/ certificates by regular mail, courier or leave them in a closed envelope addressed to this section at the Embassy entrance (Ave. Cerviño 4320, 1425 Buenos Aires)."

Would it be ok to submit all of the paper copies of our evidence in this binder? As far as original documents to present on the day of the interview, my fiance is planning to only bring her original birth certificate, passport, police certificate, medical examination envelope, original affidavit of support I-134's signed by me the petitioner and a co-sponser, and some original signed documents for the relationship evidence. Would my fiance need to bring two more color photos to the interview as well or can the two photos just be sent along with the copies? (#2 in packet 3 instructions). If there is anything else we would be missing I would really appreciate feedback from anyone. I am not sure what other pages/documents we need to bring with signatures on them.

Also, as a petitioner I am currently unemployed (recently graduated from university) and have been looking for a job since I graduated. I may get a job right before my fiance's interview or right after, so that's why we included a co-sponser. My worry is that since I was in school the past few years, I do not really have any other financial documents on my behalf that I can submit, as I did not make enough income to have tax returns or w2's in the past three years, except maybe in one of the previous years. Would it be ok if we just have all of the supporting financial documentation (1040's, w2, etc.) be from our co-sponser? I did include my own I-134, as well as that of the co-sponser.

@Fernanda R Sanz, I noticed that you mentioned about including IRS transcripts. We have W2s and 1040's, (3 years worth) bank statements (past year), pay stubs (past 3 months), and verification of employment from our co-sponser. Would it still be necessary to include IRS transcripts? I felt that we had enough but now I am second guessing. Thank you all for your comments and feedback, this thread has been very helpful. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, AnthonyP117 said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Anthony and I am the U.S petitioner helping my fiance who is in Argentina. We are very close to submitting all of the paper copies for packet 3 to the embassy, and had a few questions that hopefully someone here could clarify. We have assembled everything so far in a binder, with dividers and "folios" for each page. The packet 3 instructions says:

"[...] send us this form attached to the copies of the above mentioned documents/ certificates by regular mail, courier or leave them in a closed envelope addressed to this section at the Embassy entrance (Ave. Cerviño 4320, 1425 Buenos Aires)."

Would it be ok to submit all of the paper copies of our evidence in this binder? As far as original documents to present on the day of the interview, my fiance is planning to only bring her original birth certificate, passport, police certificate, medical examination envelope, original affidavit of support I-134's signed by me the petitioner and a co-sponser, and some original signed documents for the relationship evidence. Would my fiance need to bring two more color photos to the interview as well or can the two photos just be sent along with the copies? (#2 in packet 3 instructions). If there is anything else we would be missing I would really appreciate feedback from anyone. I am not sure what other pages/documents we need to bring with signatures on them.

Also, as a petitioner I am currently unemployed (recently graduated from university) and have been looking for a job since I graduated. I may get a job right before my fiance's interview or right after, so that's why we included a co-sponser. My worry is that since I was in school the past few years, I do not really have any other financial documents on my behalf that I can submit, as I did not make enough income to have tax returns or w2's in the past three years, except maybe in one of the previous years. Would it be ok if we just have all of the supporting financial documentation (1040's, w2, etc.) be from our co-sponser? I did include my own I-134, as well as that of the co-sponser.

@Fernanda R Sanz, I noticed that you mentioned about including IRS transcripts. We have W2s and 1040's, (3 years worth) bank statements (past year), pay stubs (past 3 months), and verification of employment from our co-sponser. Would it still be necessary to include IRS transcripts? I felt that we had enough but now I am second guessing. Thank you all for your comments and feedback, this thread has been very helpful. 

Hi Anthony! What you say about the P3 is all correct. And your fiance won't need two extra photos, just the two original ones submitted with the copies.

Just make sure to bring to the interview prove of citizenship of your Co sponsor (birth certificate, passport)

Good luck!

Timeline
11 hours ago, AnthonyP117 said:

Hi everyone,

As far as I know the 1040 is one of the forms submitted for taxes. The IRS transcript will have all the information submitted with the many forms that encompass the filling. I believe your best option is to really email the embassy and ask them if the 1040 is enough for the tax return proof. I'm submitting the IRS transcripts to be safe.

Don't worry if you think you don't meet the requirements for the sponsorship. Since you are presenting a cosponsor that person I believe will be taken into account for proof of financial support.

Out if curiosity were you guys ever notified by the embassy that the petition was ready and did your fiancee ever get mail from them?

Good luck! Hope this helps

On 2/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, M and Ed said:

Hey everybody! Just letting you guys know that we had our interview this morning and it went great.

The process was smooth and simple. Waiting times weren't half bad, pretty straight forward.

My fiancee was there with me but he wasn't allowed in the actual interview. The consul invited him in just to say hi and then asked him to leave.

I started the interview by swearing I was telling the truth and having my finger prints taken.

The consul was serious but proper and professional, not at all rude.

He asked me how we met, when and where. How the relationship developed, how we decided to get married, what we do for work and what our plans are for this year.

I chose to speak English, answered thoroughly and directly and that was it.

It took me at most 5 minutes. He congratulated me, said that my visa would be ready in a week and that was it.

I'm flying on the 7th, entering through Huston with my boy. Wish me luck!

Hey there!

Would it be okay if I send you a private message to ask you about a couple of the steps when doing the k1 visa since you've gotten approved?

I'm confused about a couple of things.

Timeline
On 3/1/2019 at 3:28 AM, AnthonyP117 said:

Hi everyone,

Would it be ok to submit all of the paper copies of our evidence in this binder?
Yes, I prepaired a binder with the originals and then a tween binder with all the documents copied. 

As far as original documents to present on the day of the interview, my fiance is planning to only bring her original birth certificate, passport, police certificate, medical examination envelope, original affidavit of support I-134's signed by me the petitioner and a co-sponser, and some original signed documents for the relationship evidence. Would my fiance need to bring two more color photos to the interview as well or can the two photos just be sent along with the copies? (#2 in packet 3 instructions). If there is anything else we would be missing I would really appreciate feedback from anyone. I am not sure what other pages/documents we need to bring with signatures on them.

She should have all the originals at the interview, all of them. For example I have my fiance´s original Birth Certificate, all NOAS and NVC letters, Affidavits of Support, boarding passes, etc. I will do a new post here about how I assembled my packet 3, just for you to have a guidance. The two passport photos should be included in the packet 3 with the copies. Then your fiance will get more instructions after paying and scheduling the interview date, and will be asked to have a passport photo with her at the interview date. 

You will be fine don´t worry because you have no job right now, keep on searching, I will give you our example: My fiance and I been together since 2011 in Argentina, we traveled through Latin America since half of 2015 until October 2017 when I returned to Buenos Aires and He returned to United States. When we prepaired the Affidavit of support, he did not have 3 years of tax return, so we got help from a family friend who is our co-sponsor. If you worked no matter if just 3 months add all the tax return you have, Form, W2, 1040, IRS transcripts, Job Letter, Pay Stubs. Because even you don´t meet the requirements and the co-sponsor does for you, you are the petitioner and must add the information anyways.

I still have same doubt. I have the same documents as you only missing our co-sponsor´s IRS Transcripts. I decided to wait for my fiance to send this paperwork before submiting the packet 3 to the embassy. We did a very hard work, and big effort to screw it right now because of a paper, so for my our peace of mind I will add the IRS Transcripts and send it out.

Sorry for the delay, I was working hard this week and wasn´t able to answer, but I´m glad that everybody is sharing their concerns and also the ones that already passed the interview could help all of us, because they are the only ones who know for sure how to assemble the packet correctely. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ointeina said:

Hey there!

Would it be okay if I send you a private message to ask you about a couple of the steps when doing the k1 visa since you've gotten approved?

I'm confused about a couple of things.

Better If you ask in the group so we can all learn from your doubts and answers. I´ve tried to get information from the ones that has already been approved, but they are not posting anymore, so we can try to help eachother or you can also ask your concern in the international group called DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 --- NVC

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

Timeline

Hey guys! I'm still here if you need me. My fiance and I are in Patagonia for a much deserved holiday so I'm not online much, but shoot if you have any questions I can help you with!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.