M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

I don't know about Tucumán. I'm sure you guys an find info online. Argentina is super easy and relaxed when it comes to burocracy, so don't worry.

They ask for the acta, not the partida. And ot has to be the original one

My fiancé doesn't have his acta only his certificate of birth. When he tried to obtain the acta online they called it a partida?

So now I'm very confused about this whole issue.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:27 AM, Fernanda R Sanz said:

There is no specific way to assemble the packet. Wanted to clarify this, because I can not edit the misstake in the post. 

Hello Fernanda!

I wanted to ask, since you seem to be as far away from Buenos Aires as my fiancé seeing as that you're from Cordoba, how did you obtain your police certificate with the annotation of the art. 51?

Also how did you obtain your acta de nacimiento?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ointeina said:

My fiancé doesn't have his acta only his certificate of birth. When he tried to obtain the acta online they called it a partida?

So now I'm very confused about this whole issue.

He needs the ACTA. His parents should have the original. If they don't, I'm sure he can get a certified (legalized) copy where he was born. Then he will need to make it internationally valid (not sure the procedure here).

5 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

He needs the ACTA. His parents should have the original. If they don't, I'm sure he can get a certified (legalized) copy where he was born. Then he will need to make it internationally valid (not sure the procedure here).

He's made an appointment for this Wednesday to go talk about doing the acta, since they directed him online to do a "partida".

But thank you so much for your answers!

Timeline

For you guys that are worried about the certificate that needs to have the Article 51, make sure you tell them a thousand times you need it. My fiancee told them and the lady that was writing down her request seems to have not given a ####### about it, because we got it without the article 51 thing the first time. My fiancee went again and complained and got it corrected on the second time. She's lucky enough that lives in Buenos Aires so it wasn't much of a trip, just frustration that even though she gave them all the information they did it wrong the first time.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Javier Mera said:

For you guys that are worried about the certificate that needs to have the Article 51, make sure you tell them a thousand times you need it. My fiancee told them and the lady that was writing down her request seems to have not given a ####### about it, because we got it without the article 51 thing the first time. My fiancee went again and complained and got it corrected on the second time. She's lucky enough that lives in Buenos Aires so it wasn't much of a trip, just frustration that even though she gave them all the information they did it wrong the first time.

What is this about? Does it only apply to folks in Argentina?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

What is this about? Does it only apply to folks in Argentina?

I believe it is. In the k1 instructions PDF for Argentina it says that the certificate needs to mention that it doesn't include that article.

Timeline
On 2/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hi everyone! I have a question about affidavit of support. If I have w2, 1040, paystubs, job letter, bank statemens and form, do I also need the IRS Transcripts? Could it be an issue to send packet 3 without IRS Transcripts? I only have co-sponsor´s IRS Transcripts missing for packet 3, but I will be able to have them for interview. Just checking. 

Hi Fernanda! Sorry for my late answer, I was in a trip for the long weekend and my fiance was out of the country for work. Is not necessary the IRS transcripts for the P3. It can be added as aditional information but is not required according to what we asked. We had W2 and another form I don't recall right now and it is enough.

We got today our NVC case number so things are moving quickly. Hopefully we will meet in the embassy! 

Good luck to everyone! Keep us posted on every step along this path of getting our visas approved!!

Timeline

A question about the POLICE CERTIFICATE,

Can I ask for it in any police station  or only in “Registro Nacional de Reincidencia” of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights (Tucumán 1353, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires)???

I'm from Córdoba and I don't know if I have to travel to get it or if I can get it here requesting “con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal”
Thanks in advance!

Timeline
On 3/3/2019 at 6:33 PM, Ointeina said:

Hello Fernanda!

I wanted to ask, since you seem to be as far away from Buenos Aires as my fiancé seeing as that you're from Cordoba, how did you obtain your police certificate with the annotation of the art. 51?

Also how did you obtain your acta de nacimiento?

Hey!!! im from cordoba too im having the save question!! i think we can get for internet but im not 100% shure. do you know already?

Timeline
5 hours ago, andreaam said:

A question about the POLICE CERTIFICATE,

Can I ask for it in any police station  or only in “Registro Nacional de Reincidencia” of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights (Tucumán 1353, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires)???

I'm from Córdoba and I don't know if I have to travel to get it or if I can get it here requesting “con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal”
Thanks in advance!

hey im glaad to find somebody from Cordoba too!!! i answer you in other question i think!! i hope we can keep in touch, i just receive my second Noa and i have a lot of questions now jajaj

Timeline
58 minutes ago, lily90 said:

hey im glaad to find somebody from Cordoba too!!! i answer you in other question i think!! i hope we can keep in touch, i just receive my second Noa and i have a lot of questions now jajaj

Congrats on getting NOA2! I just got NVC number case so our timelines ar pretty similiar. Maybe we wil have the same interview date. 

We have the same doubts regarding Police Certificate so hopefully someone will answer.

Regarding Acta de Nacimiento, is the one a Registro Civil gave to your parents when you were born and they requested DNI

Partida de Nacimiento is something different and is not what you need for this process. This paper is usually issued by the hospital you were born with information such as weight, lenght, etc, etc. 

I hope this is helpful. I've been asking all day about this in the municipality office in Cordoba

Timeline
1 minute ago, andreaam said:

Congrats on getting NOA2! I just got NVC number case so our timelines ar pretty similiar. Maybe we wil have the same interview date. 

We have the same doubts regarding Police Certificate so hopefully someone will answer.

Regarding Acta de Nacimiento, is the one a Registro Civil gave to your parents when you were born and they requested DNI

Partida de Nacimiento is something different and is not what you need for this process. This paper is usually issued by the hospital you were born with information such as weight, lenght, etc, etc. 

I hope this is helpful. I've been asking all day about this in the municipality office in Cordoba

great!!yes all the information is super helpfull!! do you know what will you do about the medical examn? since we have to send a copy to embassy before ask for an interview?. Im not shure about travel twice to Buenos aires.

Timeline
1 minute ago, lily90 said:

great!!yes all the information is super helpfull!! do you know what will you do about the medical examn? since we have to send a copy to embassy before ask for an interview?. Im not shure about travel twice to Buenos aires.

I don't know what I will do about that yet. I'm waiting for the case to arrive to the embassy to schedule medical exam and interview. I was thinking on going like ten days before the interview and do the medical exam and a couple days after that drop P3 to the embassy and wait for the interview in BsAs (I have friends there where I can crash in for a couple of days). But also depends on how many days off I can get, maybe I'll go twice. There are too many logistics to figure that out now haha

2 hours ago, andreaam said:

Hey there!

What book if any, is the acta de nacimiento in?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.