M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have a question about affidavit of support. If I have w2, 1040, paystubs, job letter, bank statemens and form, do I also need the IRS Transcripts? Could it be an issue to send packet 3 without IRS Transcripts? I only have co-sponsor´s IRS Transcripts missing for packet 3, but I will be able to have them for interview. Just checking. 

Timeline

Update for the ones that wanna schedule the interview like me. 

1) There are available dates in March and April: The Embassy answered me today that they opened new dates. 
2) I´m not able to do payment at any rapipago store today, the bar code seems not to work on the MRV instructions. The only Citibank in Buenos Aires is Bartolome Mitre street. Could anyone that has already done this part tell me if also got problems with rapipago or if they could do payment at this citibank store?

Thanks so much!  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hi everyone! I have a question about affidavit of support. If I have w2, 1040, paystubs, job letter, bank statemens and form, do I also need the IRS Transcripts? Could it be an issue to send packet 3 without IRS Transcripts? I only have co-sponsor´s IRS Transcripts missing for packet 3, but I will be able to have them for interview. Just checking. 

Hi there! my fiance is preparing all that documentation before send it to me. I'm going to ask him if he knows is alright because he asked a couple days ago to our lawyer about it. As soon as I know something I'll write it down here! 

So, you were able to schedule the interview? or not yet until you pay?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Hi there! my fiance is preparing all that documentation before send it to me. I'm going to ask him if he knows is alright because he asked a couple days ago to our lawyer about it. As soon as I know something I'll write it down here! 

So, you were able to schedule the interview? or not yet until you pay?

Thanks so much! I'll really apreciate that ❤. He'll send me all documents tomorrow except for the co sponsor's IRS, and the co sponsor's as soon as he have them. I believe next week I'll send the papers if IRS missing is not an issue, so will wait for your response 😊

No I couldn't, the rapipago store told me like the bar code was not working, tomorrow will go to the citibank to do payment. Will let you know as soon as I'm able to. you are able to schedule the interview after 2 days, once the embassy receives the payment. Remember it only lasts 2 days so don't try to schedule your payment on a saturday or sunday. 😉

Hey! We may see eachother at the interview, wooop wooop! We're very close 😄

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

Timeline
20 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Your sponsor can easily access the transcripts on the IRS website. It's really simple to download them and send you a digital copy of them. I will include mine just in case.

Timeline

My fiancee was asking me how to fill out a question in the DS-160 about specifying an appointment for the interview? As far as I understand in Argentina you schedule the interview after you submit the P3 packet to the embassy. Was wondering if anyone could help me out clear this.

Thanks!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Your sponsor can easily access the transcripts on the IRS website. It's really simple to download them and send you a digital copy of them. I will include mine just in case.

The co sponsor request them through mail, I don´t really know how that works. Will let my fiance know about it. Thanks! 

About your doubt: I did the DS 160 and I was not asked for the interview date, only an estimated date when I was going to travel to the States. I was asked also things others didn´t so, I think also depends on her specific answers

Timeline

@andreaam Update about the MRV payment: 

Was not able to pay at citibank eather, seems like the bar code generated by the appointment application did it with an error. So will need to call to have it fixed and try again. Did your fiance asked the lawer about the IRS Transcripts? 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

The co sponsor request them through mail, I don´t really know how that works. Will let my fiance know about it. Thanks! 

About your doubt: I did the DS 160 and I was not asked for the interview date, only an estimated date when I was going to travel to the States. I was asked also things others didn´t so, I think also depends on her specific answers

Oh ok.I think she was just curious because her parents had to fill out the same form for their tourist visa interview so they can come for the wedding. We will see then today when we start filling it out hehe. Thanks!

So here's the website for the IRS Transcripts. https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account 

Click in Create or View account. Once an account is created you can access multiple paperwork sections which includes the Transcripts of previews years. I honestly don't remember if I ever created an account for me or my parents did many years ago so hopefully that is a straightforward process.

I believe though since they specify in the requirements that they want last year's tax returns from the sponsor / co sponsor that the W-2 form should be enough.

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Oh ok.I think she was just curious because her parents had to fill out the same form for their tourist visa interview so they can come for the wedding. We will see then today when we start filling it out hehe. Thanks!

So here's the website for the IRS Transcripts. https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account 

Click in Create or View account. Once an account is created you can access multiple paperwork sections which includes the Transcripts of previews years. I honestly don't remember if I ever created an account for me or my parents did many years ago so hopefully that is a straightforward process.

I believe though since they specify in the requirements that they want last year's tax returns from the sponsor / co sponsor that the W-2 form should be enough.

Nvm about the last thing I said. W-2 does not have the information you want about tax returns.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Nvm about the last thing I said. W-2 does not have the information you want about tax returns.

oh ok, I have to help my dad with tourist visa too. The co sponsor has already requested the transcripts through the website, but he is still waiting for the copies. Seems like he did not have the option to download it. But my question was about how important the IRS transcripts are, because I want to know if I can send the packet 3 without them and have the copies at interview, or if it is better to wait and send all together. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

oh ok, I have to help my dad with tourist visa too. The co sponsor has already requested the transcripts through the website, but he is still waiting for the copies. Seems like he did not have the option to download it. But my question was about how important the IRS transcripts are, because I want to know if I can send the packet 3 without them and have the copies at interview, or if it is better to wait and send all together. 

The transcripts are probably the best documentation for your tax returns. Now whether to include them in the P3 packet or take them to the interview I honestly would not be able to answer that. I'd just try calling them or email them directly honestly.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

The transcripts are probably the best documentation for your tax returns. Now whether to include them in the P3 packet or take them to the interview I honestly would not be able to answer that. I'd just try calling them or email them directly honestly.

thanks anyways, I was hoping that the Argentinians that had already been approved answered this for all of us. Will try to call them and find out. First will try to fix the payment issue I got. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

@andreaam Update about the MRV payment: 

Was not able to pay at citibank eather, seems like the bar code generated by the appointment application did it with an error. So will need to call to have it fixed and try again. Did your fiance asked the lawer about the IRS Transcripts? 

My fiance told me the same as Javier did. He is my sponsor so he was able to look for the transcripts with his employer and was really easy for him. He doesn't know if it is necesary for the P3 because he asked about another thing with the lawyer that I got confused this. As soon as I have more information I let you know. Sorry for not being able to bring more answers :(

And yes, we may see eachother in the interview ! I should be receiving the letter from NVC anytime soon!

I'll be checking my vaccines with a doctor here in Córdoba tomorrow so if I have any missing I can do it now and not later.

I hope you can fix the bar code of the payment soon. The last time I did my visa I paid with a credit card and it was really fast to schedule the interview (I did a J1 last year)

Timeline

@Fernanda R Sanz One thing to have in mind too, I just realized this after reading the K1 requirements more carefully, is that in the Section of Attachments it does not mention that the Affidavit support needs to be part of the package you leave at the embassy. Looks like all they care about for the package to have included is even Copies of some of the required documents that you need to gather. The way I interpret it is that documents regarding i-134, proof of relationship you take them with you to the interview, and not include them in the package.

So with this in mind and your previous question about including IRS Transcripts in the packet I would say No because you would be taking them with you to the interview. 

Just a thought that I wanted to share, maybe we are all over complicating things hehe.

Edited by Javier Mera

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.