M and Ed

JANUARY / FEBRUARY 2019 ARGENTINA K1 INTERVIEWS

813 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
16 minutes ago, mary&felipe said:

We went with Dra.Grillo. She gave is an appointment for less than 48hours and she gives the test results back that same day. When we went she was missing a result of something so she dropped off the results personally at the embassy the next day. No experience with Kelly sorry

Thank you for your feedback! I will contact her on monday if I don't get news from Dr. Kelly :D I saw that you were approved already, congratulations to you and your hubby :D 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

Hey there! I've seen Dr. Grillo. I sent her an email to book an appointment and she replied the next day. If you bring everything to the appointment, you only need to go there once.

It's so cool we're on the same stage. I'll send you a private message so we're in touch :)

Oh really? I didn't know that. Thank you for the information :D

I will check my messages now, maybe we can help eachother ☺️

39 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

Does anyone know if the copy package we have to submit before the interview needs a CERTIFIED copy of the birth entry? Or is a regular copy enough?

A birth entry? Do you mean birth certificate? I don’t think it would have to be certified no, but that might depend on the country its from

Timeline

On 2/2/2019 at 3:13 AM, Flor Ezcurra said:

Hello people! It's good to find a thread about Argentina. I hope more people will join it so we can keep eachother updated.

Right now im trying to get everything ready for the interview. At this point I'm just waiting for my medical exam. With that being said, I'm waiting to get news from Dr. Kelly. I have contacted him on thrusday morning but I have still got no reply. I want to ask if any of you have had contact any of the doctors and if so how it was.

Goodluck to all of us!😊

I can't agree more, it's great to find this thread. I talked to Dra Grillo through What's App chat, she gave me the medical appointment Next tuesday.

Does anyone know how much vaccinations costs at La Trinidad de Palermo? The doctor told me I need 4, so I would like to do it same day. Also the ones with Dr Grillo, did you do blood test, x ray and so on the 1st medical interview? How long it takes to get the results? 

Congratulations for the approved ones! Let's keep it up for the rest of us!  😊

Edited by Fernanda R Sanz

4 minutes ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

I can't agree more, it's great to find this thread. I talked to Dra Grillo through What's App chat, she gave me the medical appointment Next tuesday.

Does anyone know how much vaccinations costs at La Trinidad de Palermo? The doctor told me I need 4, so I would like to do it same day. Also the ones with Dr Grillo, did you do blood test, x ray and so on the 1st medical interview? How long it takes to get the results? 

Yes you do blood tests, xray etc all that same day. She usually gives you the results that very afternoon. In my husbands case, she was missing an STD result so she offered to drop off his results personally at the consulate the next day, which she did. We got an email from the consulate after that confirming that they had his results, no issues. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mary&felipe said:

Yes you do blood tests, xray etc all that same day. She usually gives you the results that very afternoon. In my husbands case, she was missing an STD result so she offered to drop off his results personally at the consulate the next day, which she did. We got an email from the consulate after that confirming that they had his results, no issues. 

Thanks so much! Was he able to get his vaccinations over there too? Any idea how much it costs?, wow that was fast! I thought it was going to take a week or 15 days to get the results. 😊

12 hours ago, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Which vaccines do you need? I completed my son's calendar a few days ago at Vacunar (they have multiple centers in CABA).

Our insurance partially covered them, but full prices were ARS 935 for MMR (sarampión/paperas/rubeola), ARS 3755 for Menactra (meningitis), ARS 1347 for BUSTRIX (triple bacteriana).

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 1/29/2019 at 3:31 PM, mary&felipe said:

We heard back today, interview in 2 days 😍 wish us luck, he’s already got his plane ticket miles ready to buy the flight next week. So happy I could cry. Good luck to everyone still waiting I hope its as quick for all of you as well, this process is tough

Hi Mary -- congratulations!! I hope the IV went well.

Just to confirm, in order to schedule the interview you must have handed in all the docs beforehand? Thanks!

Timeline
3 hours ago, GoodbyeArgentina said:

Which vaccines do you need? I completed my son's calendar a few days ago at Vacunar (they have multiple centers in CABA).

Our insurance partially covered them, but full prices were ARS 935 for MMR (sarampión/paperas/rubeola), ARS 3755 for Menactra (meningitis), ARS 1347 for BUSTRIX (triple bacteriana).

Good luck!

Dr Grillo told me the ones I need are, Triple Vacteriana Acelular, Triple Viral, Varicela y Antigripal. 

She said 2 of these are mandatory for the K1 interview, but for adjustment of status all of them are needed and they are way expensive in the U.S. thanks for the advice is more or less what I was thinking about.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:38 AM, lenasophia said:

Hi Mary -- congratulations!! I hope the IV went well.

Just to confirm, in order to schedule the interview you must have handed in all the docs beforehand? Thanks!

Yes, the embassy is going to send you an email with lots of attachments explaining every single paper you need to have copies and originals of for the interview. One of the pages on the attachment is a paper you need to sign that says “Readiness for Interview” my husband grabbed photocopies of All the documents and the readiness paper and he dropped it off personally at the embassy with our names, case # and Visa type in the outside printed.  About 3 days after they recieved that is when they finally contacted him through email with the Interview date 2 days later. Good luck!

Timeline

Hello first time posting here. We just had our NVC number case received on Feb 8th. Should we wait until my fiance in Buenos Aires receives the p3 packet before doing anything else ?

Also for k1 interviews is the petitioner required to be in it? 

Thanks ok advance!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Hello first time posting here. We just had our NVC number case received on Feb 8th. Should we wait until my fiance in Buenos Aires receives the p3 packet before doing anything else ?

Also for k1 interviews is the petitioner required to be in it? 

Thanks ok advance!

Hola Javier!

Congrats on receiving your case number!

It might take a few weeks until you hear from the consulate, but here's a list of things you guys can take care of in the meantime:

1) Police clearance

2) Put together the evidence of relationship (updated)

3) Gather the documents for the affidavit of support

4) Schedule your medical for around a month from now or so

Timeline
3 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hola Javier!

Congrats on receiving your case number!

It might take a few weeks until you hear from the consulate, but here's a list of things you guys can take care of in the meantime:

1) Police clearance

2) Put together the evidence of relationship (updated)

3) Gather the documents for the affidavit of support

4) Schedule your medical for around a month from now or so

Thanks for the provided information!. I already have a few questions so if you don't mind answering as best as you can I'd appreciate it.

2) In our initial I-129f we provided around 50 photos (10 being from the last meeting in the last two years and the rest about our on going relationship of 5 years). Do you think its a good idea to bring the same amount of photos and maybe some chat logs? If chat logs are a good idea do they have to be translated to English? We are both from Argentina and all chats are in Spanish.

3) I began the affidavit I-134 today and I'm mostly all done with the form but I had a few questions about it:

• In Part 3 Other information about the Sponsor section Dependents' Information, do I write down my beneficiary as a dependent? And if so should I mark her as Wholly Dependent on me for support? I will in the beginning be supporting both of us until she can find a job.
  • In Part 3 Other information about the Sponsor question 38, from what I looked in another forums in VJ it looks like we have to check Yes and in Part 7 we write the message "N/A K1 Visa application". So correct me if I'm wrong about this assumption.
  • From the instructions it seems that we only have to provide our tax filing information only if we are self-employed. I had been reading that people seemed to always get this kind of information so I'm confused if I should get it regardless. I'm currently employed by a company so it doesn't put me under that category but again I'm not sure if I have to provide the tax information.

Thanks again and hopefully I can get these questions cleared out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.