SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, manekh said:

Omg!! Looks like some people get ref for this reason and some not! I don’t understand! I only can assume it’s up to the person who is reviewing the process.

i was about to ask if someone who had the medical exam before coming if you guys did the form i-693 also or just the vaccines worksheet the doctor overseas gives? And for the interview,for those who had already? How these medical exams work? I had my medical exams overseas.

It must be the person it's going to so annoying! 

I came on a k1 so I just sent in all that the doctor who did my exam provided for me and for extra assurance my own records of vaccines. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Curious, before you got RFE, what was your status? "Ready to schedule" or something else? 

No, my status was at the fingerprint review has been completed. I suspect once I hand this in it'll change to ready to schedule whenever that'll happen. I still don't  have an EAD so of course, this is probably holding that up as well. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, bcadenhead said:

Just an FYI not sure if this is happening to anyone else but I finally got an RFIE on May  29th - it was for 2018 taxes as when we filed in January tax season hadn't happened yet so of course we couldn't have sent in 2018's! We'll be sending it in right away but just figured I'd let folks know in case this becomes a common theme! Annoying but at least its only tax info!  

My husband and I live in Phoenix!

Sorry you got rfie. I hope they make a decision on your case after they receive your response. Because getting rfie kind of delay your case. I am at day 111 since I submitted my RFIE response yet I am waiting for an approval on my RFIE. 

I wish you the best of luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bluewaters said:

Sorry you got rfie. I hope they make a decision on your case after they receive your response. Because getting rfie kind of delay your case. I am at day 111 since I submitted my RFIE response yet I am waiting for an approval on my RFIE. 

I wish you the best of luck. 

They don’t “approve” RFE. Once they get the rfe, they either adjudicate the case, or put it back in line where it was. Assuming they received what they were missing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, The_Empyrean said:

They don’t “approve” RFE. Once they get the rfe, they either adjudicate the case, or put it back in line where it was. Assuming they received what they were missing. 

• I thought USCIS gives an update that they at least receive it but who knows. I never got an update on my fingerprints were received. Just went from Case received to Case is ready to be scheduled where it will be there for the next 12 months:o

Timeline
7 hours ago, kohldjs said:
  • I thought USCIS gives an update that they at least receive it but who knows. I never got an update on my fingerprints were received. Just went from Case received to Case is ready to be scheduled where it will be there for the next 12 months:o

Yes, they should give an update like "Response to Request for additional Evidence received". But that is not an approval. They only approve forms and cases, meaning adjudication itself. 

So as we know how reliable their tracking system is, i wouldn't expect anything at all. Only way to figure it out if the website isn't updated is call the customer service and ask to speak with Tier 2 officer who'll have more information on the case, and should be able to tell you whether they received the response or not.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, The_Empyrean said:

Yes, they should give an update like "Response to Request for additional Evidence received". But that is not an approval. They only approve forms and cases, meaning adjudication itself. 

So as we know how reliable their tracking system is, i wouldn't expect anything at all. Only way to figure it out if the website isn't updated is call the customer service and ask to speak with Tier 2 officer who'll have more information on the case, and should be able to tell you whether they received the response or not.

Ain't that the darn tootin' truth!  They should disband the new site altogether; it's just a complete waste of Tax Payer's money..........................

*** Five (5) off topic and noncontributing posts removed. This thread should stay on the topic of AOS for January 2019 filers. Other topics pertaining to the issues with the current immigration system or other topics can be discussed in their appropriate areas of the forum. 

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ironclad43 said:

Is anyone else noticing the EAD date jump back and forth all the time? What's up with that?

Sorry if offtopic.

On VJ? Maybe less people are updating them. And it seems like USCIS is doing Oct and Nov at the moment. 

Also USCIS pushed back the processing times to 6.5-8.5 months. 

Yeah here on VJ. It was Jan 1st yesterday, now it's January 7th. My NOA1 is on January 18th so it's pretty exciting to see it move up so fast, but the last time it did that, it went back two weeks a few days later.

I have a job lined up and everything, did my drug test today, but I still can't start because no EAD. It's really frustrating.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ironclad43 said:

Yeah here on VJ. It was Jan 1st yesterday, now it's January 7th. My NOA1 is on January 18th so it's pretty exciting to see it move up so fast, but the last time it did that, it went back two weeks a few days later.

I have a job lined up and everything, did my drug test today, but I still can't start because no EAD. It's really frustrating.

You can try to expedite it with the Job Offer. High chances they'll approve your request. :) VJ isn't based on USCIS data though, it's based on people on VJ who update their timelines, so take that estimate with a grain of salt. My k-1 estimate was spot on though, some people were off by weeks.

Current day on USCIS is 09/26 or so, so 3months from now lol. I'd file expedite with a job offer. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ironclad43 said:

Don't I also have to prove financial hardship for that? 

Also where did you get the 9/26 date? The USCIS website didn't really update (c)9 eligibility dates for quite a bit.

Financial hardship is a consequence of possible employment loss, isn't it? There were quite a number of people who got approved based on possible employment with official job offer. Worth the try IMO.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I-765 in National benefits center, Receipt date for a case inquiry is Sept 26. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.