SDH

January 2019 - AOS Filers (merged)

1,639 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Estonia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nora S said:

Massachusetts. It's weird, because I thought the Boston office was pretty backed up, but I'm trying not to question the good luck. You?

Congrats! I'm also a Boston filer and I have my interview already on March 7th. I sent my AOS package December 17th and it was received early January ☺️

2 minutes ago, l-h said:

Congrats! I'm also a Boston filer and I have my interview already on March 7th. I sent my AOS package December 17th and it was received early January ☺️

That's so soon!!! You must be so excited 😁 Please let me know how it all goes

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Holy cow how quickly you guys got it! Congratz!
Fellow former neighbor Estonian, good to see you here!

No kidding!

Ah well...win some, lose some.  Hopefully by the time I'm set to retire, I'll get my Bio scheduled!!  😁😂🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

No kidding!

Ah well...win some, lose some.  Hopefully by the time I'm set to retire, I'll get my Bio scheduled!!  😁😂🤣

I don't believe in god, but i HOPE that we'll get the interview notice soon. We've got bio on 28th lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 1/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, Kirin2002 said:

I think you are super ok! The only stuff I did not add was my husband passport and birth certificate because I wasnt sure we needed it (some websites say to add them and another ones dont talk about these documents). I suppose I will get a RFE :(

Yes they might probably send RFE for those documents. But all will be fine

Timeline
16 hours ago, Nora S said:

Massachusetts. It's weird, because I thought the Boston office was pretty backed up, but I'm trying not to question the good luck. You?

Do you have your ead ap card yet? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Nora S said:

Yep dont question it! :) Spokane Wa, pretty good chance it is a low immigrant place is what we are thinking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
17 hours ago, Nora S said:

Did you guys get interview notice after you went for biometrics or same time or how soon after getting notice on biometrics? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Estonia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Edisela said:

Did you guys get interview notice after you went for biometrics or same time or how soon after getting notice on biometrics? 

My biometrics were on January 28 and my interview was scheduled on January 31. I received the interview letter in the mail a week after. 

1 hour ago, Storm Waters said:

Do you have your ead ap card yet? 

No, we appear to have made 0 progress on the EAD. It still says "Case Was Received" from 1/8. We didn't actually apply for AP because we can't afford to fly back to England for a while, and honestly couldn't be bothered to do 1 extra form.

6 minutes ago, Edisela said:

Biometrics was on 2/11. Status changed to "Ready to Be Scheduled" on 2/12 and "Interview Scheduled" on 2/19. We still haven't gotten a letter with an interview date.

I don't know how much to read into any of this. There is no reason that ours should get processed this fast. We haven't done anything special, and plenty of people have waited much longer. I guess there's just no logic when it comes to USCIS.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nora S said:

No, we appear to have made 0 progress on the EAD. It still says "Case Was Received" from 1/8. We didn't actually apply for AP because we can't afford to fly back to England for a while, and honestly couldn't be bothered to do 1 extra form.

Biometrics was on 2/11. Status changed to "Ready to Be Scheduled" on 2/12 and "Interview Scheduled" on 2/19. We still haven't gotten a letter with an interview date.

I don't know how much to read into any of this. There is no reason that ours should get processed this fast. We haven't done anything special, and plenty of people have waited much longer. I guess there's just no logic when it comes to USCIS.

OH okay. Well congrats. Wishing you luck

Timeline

Just an open thought about those that process faster than others (and I mean, MUCH faster).  

Has anyone noticed any processing speed differences based on country of origin, current status in the country, or, if your case is handled by an attorney - or self-filed??

Thoughts?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/22/2019 at 8:18 PM, Northerndynasty said:

Just an open thought about those that process faster than others (and I mean, MUCH faster).  

Has anyone noticed any processing speed differences based on country of origin, current status in the country, or, if your case is handled by an attorney - or self-filed??

Thoughts?

It seems to be random.  We did our biometrics on Feb 11th but no change in our status at all. Still says fingerprint fee received.  Not sure why some get it real fast and some get nothing. Oh well at least we are not waiting around for I-129 form to be approved.:D

Timeline
41 minutes ago, kohldjs said:

It seems to be random.  We did our biometrics on Feb 11th but no change in our status at all. Still says fingerprint fee received.  Not sure why some get it real fast and some get nothing. Oh well at least we are not waiting around for I-129 form to be approved.:D

For you, regarding the I-129, good to hear.

Our timeline:

1/25 -- packet sent

1/28 - packet received

2/13 - NOA1 (a full 16 DAYS after receiving it at the CLB).

And now...nothing since 2/13.

Just perplexing and frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.