TBoneTX

January 2018 AOS Filers, Part II

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is the continuation thread for

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/657749-january-2018-aos-filers/

which has been closed because of its large size.

-------

Personal note:  Those of us who are finished with this infernal immigration process sincerely hope for rapid progress in your case.  Even if we don't respond openly, we cheer loudly at each announcement of success.  Keep the faith.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Checking in again. Just wrapped up the paperwork for renewal of the I-764 and I-131 (which expire in 120 days) since we've heard nothing on the AOS.

On the good news side, someone who filed 8/2017 had their interview at our local office just a couple weeks ago. That's the first real data point for the long-delays crowd that we're in. If that's really the time line, then we'd get a notice around April/May just about when the EAD/AP would expire.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 minutes ago, twoDs said:

Checking in again. Just wrapped up the paperwork for renewal of the I-764 and I-131 (which expire in 120 days) since we've heard nothing on the AOS.

On the good news side, someone who filed 8/2017 had their interview at our local office just a couple weeks ago. That's the first real data point for the long-delays crowd that we're in. If that's really the time line, then we'd get a notice around April/May just about when the EAD/AP would expire.

Thanks for sharing! Very useful information. 

I applied to renew my EAD/AP a couple weeks ago too. Hopefully, we will get our cards before April/May. Nothing else we can do but to keep waiting. 😥

If anyone out there has any new information please let us know. 

Thanks and good luck to everyone out there. 

• 1 month later...

Interview complete. No indication of the result. The officer told us we should get a response in the mail in 10 days...

Interview lasted about 30 min. Verified our passports and birth certificates. Went through the 15 or so yes/no questions from the application regarding criminal history, etc, etc. Asked each other our parents names, where did/does petitioner work (with specific dates and exact address), how and when we met, where was first date, when did we decide to get married, how did we stay in touch during long distance, describe the proposal, where did we get married and who attended, what did we do after the ceremony...  

Asked us for proof of relationship, but he ran out of time to go through it with us so he took the whole stack and said he'd review it later. 

All in all, nothing we didn't already know. So hopefully we get a good result. Ready for this entire process to be complete. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Checking in since it's been more than two months since the last posting.

We got a letter about 10 days after the EAD/AP renewal submission saying that they'd re-use the biometrics (we made a point of sending in the renewal before the one-year mark of the biometrics appointment based on a tip we'd read here.)

We've heard nothing since then on either the renewal or the I-485, so we're now officially at 15 months since NOA1 on the I-485. VJ says the current average is about 578 days (19 months) for the last 3 AOS at our office, so ... Maybe June/July?

Timeline
9 hours ago, twoDs said:

Checking in since it's been more than two months since the last posting.

We got a letter about 10 days after the EAD/AP renewal submission saying that they'd re-use the biometrics (we made a point of sending in the renewal before the one-year mark of the biometrics appointment based on a tip we'd read here.)

We've heard nothing since then on either the renewal or the I-485, so we're now officially at 15 months since NOA1 on the I-485. VJ says the current average is about 578 days (19 months) for the last 3 AOS at our office, so ... Maybe June/July?

Hi twoDs, 

Same here. We applied for the EAD/AP renewal in December and haven't heard anything since receiving the letter from them saying they received our forms. 

I saw applicants from September 2017 getting their interviews a couple of weeks ago. I would say we still have 3-4 months to go. 

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I just got my interview letter today!!! 1 year and 3 months. The interview is scheduled for May. Good luck to everyone out there. You are close. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 4/7/2019 at 11:22 PM, DanielTan said:

Hi twoDs, 

Same here. We applied for the EAD/AP renewal in December and haven't heard anything since receiving the letter from them saying they received our forms. 

I saw applicants from September 2017 getting their interviews a couple of weeks ago. I would say we still have 3-4 months to go. 

Hi @DanielTan, 

May I know some information about renew EAD and AP?. 

- How to renew EAD and AP?.

- What documents we needs to sent and what address?. 

I came on K1 Visa, Married in February 2018. I have received EAD and AP on mid August 2018 and still waiting for AOS interview.

- Is it too early if we renew EAD and AP on early May 2019?.

- Will it be okay if I travel to my country for two weeks in June while I renew EAD and AP?. Because the expiration date would be August 2019  

Thank you in advance, 

Noey johns 

Timeline
16 hours ago, JloveN said:

Hi @DanielTan, 

May I know some information about renew EAD and AP?. 

- How to renew EAD and AP?.

- What documents we needs to sent and what address?. 

I came on K1 Visa, Married in February 2018. I have received EAD and AP on mid August 2018 and still waiting for AOS interview.

- Is it too early if we renew EAD and AP on early May 2019?.

- Will it be okay if I travel to my country for two weeks in June while I renew EAD and AP?. Because the expiration date would be August 2019  

Thank you in advance, 

Noey johns 

As long as your EAD is not expired, you can travel. Even during the last days before it expires. 

Some helpful links:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/employment-authorization-document 

Do not travel when your new EAD card is processing and your old one expired. I hope it helps. 

If you have any more questions, try to find a forum that only talks about EAD, please. This one is for AOS January filers 2018. 

It's been close to 2 months since our interview and no response. Case status online still says "interview scheduled". This is so nerve-racking! I keep thinking back wondering if there was something we could've done/said differently. 

Since we have no reply, we are now starting the EAD renewal 😢

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 10:29 AM, KB2015 said:

It's been close to 2 months since our interview and no response. Case status online still says "interview scheduled". This is so nerve-racking! I keep thinking back wondering if there was something we could've done/said differently. 

Since we have no reply, we are now starting the EAD renewal 😢

Sure hope you hear soon. HUGS

I am so excited. I have a trip planned back to visit my family in Manitoba, Canada the second weekend in July. I am super excited. I haven't been home for almost 2 years and I really miss my Mum and siblings and nieces. My husband has to stay back as he can't get off work but he said someone needs to stay back and take care of my kitty. lol

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Woke up today to an email from USCIS -- logged an and it was a notice the interview letter has been sent!

Now it's panic time pulling together all the evidence since our wedding. We've been collecting it but without any organization. Eeek!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.