Sarge2155

January 2019 I-129F (K1) Filers

740 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, zanzala said:

Glad to be joining January filers. We sent the package on January 24th, it was received on January 25th. Got the text message from USCIS yesterday with the case number. Now the waiting begins. Good luck to everyone!

Welcome to the thread and congrats on the submission of your petition.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone. I've been looking at this and other forums for a while now. I just submitted my package recently, and got a text receipt from USCIS on Jan 25 saying that they received the paperwork. They already also took the $ from my account. So it means the process has started. I havent checked the physical mail (I'm bad at that lol) but I will check soon to see if there's anything from USCIS in there. I'm excited and ready for this to happen. I honestly dont know how I feel about the whole process, it feels lenghty and I just hope it goes by sooner than later. I also work for the feds, and I was wondering if there's any special thing that I could do to speed it up like talk to my boss in the gov or something.

Timeline

Also might be a dumb question but how do people put the little timeline thingy underneath the profile picture? I like when I see that so I can see how people's times went. And I would like to do the same so everyone else also benefits from seeing mine.

2 hours ago, Angel&Angie said:

Also might be a dumb question but how do people put the little timeline thingy underneath the profile picture? I like when I see that so I can see how people's times went. And I would like to do the same so everyone else also benefits from seeing mine.

Go up to the far right and click on your name

Select "my profile"

Under your picture on the left side column, select "edit my profile"

Go down the list under your picture and select "signature"

Next screen there are two boxes over each other one says "My current signature" and the bottom box says "Edit Signature"

Go down to the lower box and begin to design your "signature"

Once you save it then you will see what it looks like in the top box

Once you leave all your past and present entry's will have your new "signature" box

Most use it for putting their timeline so others can quickly see which stage you are in.  Please, Please and Please don't put some big HUGE picture of your pet dog/cat. It just becomes annoying after awhile to see LARGE pictures in the signature box. You can crop the picture before posting it by selecting the picture and using the guides along the sides.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Angel&Angie said:

Hello everyone. I've been looking at this and other forums for a while now. I just submitted my package recently, and got a text receipt from USCIS on Jan 25 saying that they received the paperwork. They already also took the $ from my account. So it means the process has started. I havent checked the physical mail (I'm bad at that lol) but I will check soon to see if there's anything from USCIS in there. I'm excited and ready for this to happen. I honestly dont know how I feel about the whole process, it feels lenghty and I just hope it goes by sooner than later. I also work for the feds, and I was wondering if there's any special thing that I could do to speed it up like talk to my boss in the gov or something.

There is a service provided by the USPS (US Postal Service) whereby each morning USPS will scan your incoming mail (just the address side of the envelope) and email you an update. It's very convenient these days to have advance notice that an important piece of mail is being delivered.

The service is available to most communities but some are still being rolling out so not all areas are available. Check the website with your zip code to verify your location is available for the service. A person in the USA can sign up for this free service here: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

You can also use the USPS Mobile app available in the Google play store.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, Dyhllanic9295 said:

I still feel like we’re missing something. Or it’s just me. Wonder how’s y’all cover letter looks like? Here’s our. 

And Ofcourse we submitted a lot of pictures including our engagement party. 

There are some good guides on VJ found here. There is a section that outlines only what needs to be sent and how to assemble your package.

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

In case anyone is expecting anything of importance.

USPS suspends delivery because of bitter arctic blast

Extreme cold continues to grip parts of the country, with record-breaking low temperatures and dangerous wind chills. Due to the extreme weather conditions, the Postal Service has temporarily suspended delivery service in certain locations on Jan. 31 to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees. The service disruptions will affect the following 3-digit ZIP Code locations:

• Michigan: 486-491, 493-499
  • Indiana: 460-469, 472-475, 478, 479
  • Chicago: 606-608
  • Lakeland: 530-532, 534, 535, 537-539, 541-545, 549, 600, 602, 610, 611
  • Detroit: 480-485, 492
  • Illinois: 601, 603-605, 609, 613-618, 627
  • Northern Ohio (Toledo area): 436
  • Western Pennsylvania (Erie, Bradford areas): 164, 165, 167
  • Western New York (Buffalo area): 142

The Postal Service will assess suspending other potential delivery areas based on temperature and wind chill forecasts.

We will provide additional information when it becomes available.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Go up to the far right and click on your name

Select "my profile"

Under your picture on the left side column, select "edit my profile"

Go down the list under your picture and select "signature"

Next screen there are two boxes over each other one says "My current signature" and the bottom box says "Edit Signature"

Go down to the lower box and begin to design your "signature"

Once you save it then you will see what it looks like in the top box

Once you leave all your past and present entry's will have your new "signature" box

Most use it for putting their timeline so others can quickly see which stage you are in.  Please, Please and Please don't put some big HUGE picture of your pet dog/cat. It just becomes annoying after awhile to see LARGE pictures in the signature box. You can crop the picture before posting it by selecting the picture and using the guides along the sides.

Thanks, no worries. I have no cat and wont put my dog pic here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nneamaka Egbai said:

Received my NOA1 today Ya'll.. well the text message. Now the real waiting begins.... Lets do this. 

Yay! When did they receive your petition?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nneamaka Egbai said:

Received my NOA1 today Ya'll.. well the text message. Now the real waiting begins.... Lets do this. 

Congrats!!! Best wishes!!!!  🙂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
40 minutes ago, AlexandraNoel said:

Yay! When did they receive your petition?

Hey @AlexandraNoel did you receive you NOA1, yet? I think we sent ours on the same day. This is like so exciting to hurry up and wait LOL 

Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 6:11 AM, Nneamaka Egbai said:

Hi Guys, 

So I filed our packet on the 26th. USPS tracking says it delivered on Monday the 28th. Just a waiting game now. 

Hey!  Did you receive NOA1 yet??

Timeline
2 hours ago, mzthang0820 said:

Hey @AlexandraNoel did you receive you NOA1, yet? I think we sent ours on the same day. This is like so exciting to hurry up and wait LOL 

I haven’t! They probably did send it but my phone has been having issues since yesterday so i can’t be sure if they sent me a text or not. But, I’m waiting on the letter atleast! ☺️☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.