Jump to content
Grantman1987

Preparing I-134 Documents too early?

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I recieved my N.O.A.1 on October 30, 2018. Most likely the N.O.A.2 won't be until April or May of 2019.

 

I would really like to prepare my documents early for the I-134 as far as check stubs, employment letters and proof of income. I can get it all now. 

 

Is that allowed, or will the consular say the documents aren't recent enough? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably wait, for the pay stubs and employment letters at least.

That stuff probably shouldn't take too long to gather if your employer keeps good records/can use a computer, for the pay stubs you might even be able to print it.


The only things I might consider are things that aren't likely to change in 4-6 months anyway. 
Past years' tax returns are one good example, you can gather those/request a tax transcript from the IRS.
Other assets that you might decide to list like house, car, etc. are other options. You could probably due your bank balance now if you wanted, but since that's likely to change anyway, it's probably not as helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd hold off; by April or May you'll be required to have 2018 tax year documents, which you don't have now. Also, the long-pending new edition of the form may happen by then.


K-1

NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16

Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03

Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28

Interview date: 2019-02-14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your NOA 2 in April or May, Interview won't be until June, July or August.

 

You do realize that the Embassy in Manila does not even ask for the I-134 and has not for years.  You will want to have the supporting evidence available (proof of current income), if requested 

 

Arm you fiancee with the 2018 tax return and a recent check stub close to the interview date

 

 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If your NOA 2 in April or May, Interview won't be until June, July or August.

 

You do realize that the Embassy in Manila does not even ask for the I-134 and has not for years.  You will want to have the supporting evidence available (proof of current income), if requested 

 

Arm you fiancee with the 2018 tax return and a recent check stub close to the interview date

 

 

Thank youguys so much for the advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

I'd hold off; by April or May you'll be required to have 2018 tax year documents, which you don't have now. Also, the long-pending new edition of the form may happen by then.

Thanks alot, yeah thats what i figured. I was contemplating quitting my job and becoming self employed, and just using the documents from my old employer for the I-134. But since that would be too difficult if manila asks for the documents, I might as well just hold off. 

15 minutes ago, mc962 said:

I'd probably wait, for the pay stubs and employment letters at least.

That stuff probably shouldn't take too long to gather if your employer keeps good records/can use a computer, for the pay stubs you might even be able to print it.


The only things I might consider are things that aren't likely to change in 4-6 months anyway. 
Past years' tax returns are one good example, you can gather those/request a tax transcript from the IRS.
Other assets that you might decide to list like house, car, etc. are other options. You could probably due your bank balance now if you wanted, but since that's likely to change anyway, it's probably not as helpful.

Got it thanks. Yeah looks like thats the best option for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

Thank youguys so much for the advice

As an FYI, 

 

Manila only accepts current income as evidence.  No assets or joint/co sponsors.  Period.


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

I recieved my N.O.A.1 on October 30, 2018. Most likely the N.O.A.2 won't be until April or May of 2019.

 

I would really like to prepare my documents early for the I-134 as far as check stubs, employment letters and proof of income. I can get it all now. 

 

Is that allowed, or will the consular say the documents aren't recent enough? Thanks

When I first submitted a petition I sent the I-134 in with everything else.  That's as early as you can submit it.

 

When it was interview time the consulate wanted current paystubs.  LOL

 

So my advice is save it for the interview.  By April or May they will probably want to eyeball your 2018 tax return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

I recieved my N.O.A.1 on October 30, 2018. Most likely the N.O.A.2 won't be until April or May of 2019.

 

I would really like to prepare my documents early for the I-134 as far as check stubs, employment letters and proof of income. I can get it all now. 

 

Is that allowed, or will the consular say the documents aren't recent enough? Thanks

if your interview is around April or may....they may ask for 2018 income tax

 


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

When I first submitted a petition I sent the I-134 in with everything else.  That's as early as you can submit it.

 

When it was interview time the consulate wanted current paystubs.  LOL

 

So my advice is save it for the interview.  By April or May they will probably want to eyeball your 2018 tax return.

Lol damn. Ok that's very helpful thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grantman1987 said:

I recieved my N.O.A.1 on October 30, 2018. Most likely the N.O.A.2 won't be until April or May of 2019.

 

I would really like to prepare my documents early for the I-134 as far as check stubs, employment letters and proof of income. I can get it all now. 

 

Is that allowed, or will the consular say the documents aren't recent enough? Thanks

Sorry, you may have mentioned this. ..is this for K1 or a CR1 Visa? For the I-134 not a lot of documentation was required. It also might be too soon. For the one for the AOS, I remember sending a lot of information ie 3 year Tax returns, Mortgage Deed in both names, investments etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will want to see 2018 tax returns and W2 combos and paystubs within 60 days prior to the interview.

 

and when you go to AOS, expect the same financial requirements after marriage.


*More detailed timeline in profile!*
 
Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

The K-1 Process:    Done in 208 days                                               
 

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              


                                                
 AOS   Done in 77 days                                                                            
 

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

 



ROC 

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

They will want to see 2018 tax returns and W2 combos and paystubs within 60 days prior to the interview.

 

and when you go to AOS, expect the same financial requirements after marriage.

The evidentiary requirement that Manila will ask for will be quite different than what will be provided to the USCIS for AOS


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 7:48 PM, payxibka said:

The evidentiary requirement that Manila will ask for will be quite different than what will be provided to the USCIS for AOS



I more so meant that it's best to have the same proof for K-1 and then for AOS. I wouldn't recommend him having a job for K-1 and then becoming Self Employed for AOS unless he knows he can meet the AOS financials without question or has a cosponsor ready.


*More detailed timeline in profile!*
 
Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

The K-1 Process:    Done in 208 days                                               
 

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              


                                                
 AOS   Done in 77 days                                                                            
 

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

 



ROC 

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×