Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

No, his NOA2 will come while he is deployed, around July. It's already about March, which means he leaves in a month in a half. This would mean his packet will arrive at the Embassy around September, roughly a month before he gets back, so everything would still be valid. This is on the shorter side of things. If they expedite, it would arrive in May, one month after he's been deployed, meaning everything will expire before he gets back and unless they can get extensions approved, theyd have to refile the I-129f. You can expedite the I-129f, but the backed up shipping times to NVC, 2 shipments a month to the Embassy, and far out interview dates at the Manilla embassy can't be avoided. There is almost zero chance even with an expedite that she can be here in the states before he leaves, and even if a miracle happened, it would be a matter of days. This would in no way leave enough time for him to get her properly settled (license, friends, ss card, etc) and get the AoS filed. It would completely screw them to do the expedite, possibly in the end, set them back the entire process. 

You're considering a maximum 7 month timeframe. I got our NOA2 in just over 4 months, which has been the average lately. If this is the case for them, it will be 5 to 6 months before they can do anything because he's deployed, hence my suggestion. Like I said, each couple (especially military ones) works differently. Some don't mind the challenges and some do. Some need bigger support systems, some don't. They need to calculate their own timeframes and see what will work best for them but it's only fair for them to have all their options on the table. I would never hold information back from someone because I'm assuming they wont benefit from it. 

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, celie&joseph said:

You're considering a maximum 7 month timeframe. I got our NOA2 in just over 4 months, which has been the average lately. If this is the case for them, it will be 5 to 6 months before they can do anything because he's deployed, hence my suggestion. Like I said, each couple (especially military ones) works differently. Some don't mind the challenges and some do. Some need bigger support systems, some don't. They need to calculate their own timeframes and see what will work best for them but it's only fair for them to have all their options on the table. I would never hold information back from someone because I'm assuming they wont benefit from it. 

No, I'm factoring in all time, the time to noa2, the time to NVC, and the time from NVC to Embassy. you seem to be forgetting that time from noa2 to Embassy is running around a month and a half right now, meaning, even if he got his NOA2 next week, his packet would leave in the March 19th shipment and arrive at the Embassy towards the end of March. she'd still have to get an appointment, which will probably be mid to late April if not later in Manila. He'll already be in country at that point. She would end up with a visa in hand with a cutoff date to enter the country that's possibly before he gets back.

You are recommending they take an action that, in best case scenario, would require that they file additional paperwork to keep her visa valid, and in worse case scenario, they would have to start this whole process over upon his return.

6 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

No, I'm factoring in all time, the time to noa2, the time to NVC, and the time from NVC to Embassy. you seem to be forgetting that time from noa2 to Embassy is running around a month and a half right now, meaning, even if he got his NOA2 next week, his packet would leave in the March 19th shipment and arrive at the Embassy towards the end of March. she'd still have to get an appointment, which will probably be mid to late April if not later in Manila. He'll already be in country at that point. She would end up with a visa in hand with a cutoff date to enter the country that's possibly before he gets back.

You are recommending they take an action that, in best case scenario, would require that they file additional paperwork to keep her visa valid, and in worse case scenario, they would have to start this whole process over upon his return.

I'm not forgetting anything. I'm simply offering all their options so they can decide. We dont know what branch he's in nor how long his deployment may run for. Not all deployments last 6-8 months. For all we know, he will be gone when she arrives regardless of whether they expedite or not. Only they have this information and only they know what to make of this, but it's their right to know their options. Luckily, now they know count with your opinion and mine to take in consideration. 

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

I'm not forgetting anything. I'm simply offering all their options so they can decide. We dont know what branch he's in nor how long his deployment may run for. Not all deployments last 6-8 months. For all we know, he will be gone when she arrives regardless of whether they expedite or not. Only they have this information and only they know what to make of this, but it's their right to know their options. Luckily, now they know count with your opinion and mine to take in consideration. 

She stated April until October. 

24 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

She stated April until October. 

You're right, she did mention that. Regardless, I'm not gonna continue on about it. I've given them my advice and you've given them yours.

In your scenario, its highly possible their case will sit at the embassy for about a month because hes deployed and cant submit to her his affidavit of support on scheduled time and in mine she might have to come about a month sooner without him being here so it's all a gamble and it's up to them what they want to do.

You mentioned earlier in the thread you tried expediting multiple times and were told they arent expediting due to deployments so if that's the case then theres nothing to worry about and this discussion is a moot point. They wont lose anything by applying for it and getting denied. Their timeline will continue the same. But if they do get approved and it does help them in some way, that's great. So may the chips fall where they may.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

9 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

I think this question has been answered before but does anyone know if i can use printed tax transcripts in place of the 1040? Our 1040 is taking forever because I’m waiting on recent taxes and really was hoping to send my fiancé his packet of things he’ll need this week. 

Tax Transcript is the preferred method for the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, ourjourney_pc said:

Could this possibly mine? 

From Boston though? 

Screenshot_20190225_075052_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's possible. What does ceac state about your case status?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

You think it's safe then that she has scheduled her medical for two weeks from today?

Yes and interview 2 weeks later.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 2/23/2019 at 10:41 AM, clw654321 said:

When can we do the NBI clearance? Can she get it now with the case number or do we have to wait until it gets to the embassy??

What does the P3 state. You got to do some of the heavy lifting.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 2/23/2019 at 1:22 AM, Frank-n-Tina said:

Has anyone experienced a delay after receiving the Notice of Case Creation from the NVC to the time when they can log into the CEAC system?  I am getting the following error when I try to log in:

"The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the National Visa Center for further assistance."

The Case Number and Invoice ID are copied and pasted right out of the notification e-mail, so they are accurate.  I've sent an e-mail

Are you selecting "immigrent" and not "non-immigrate"?

On 2/23/2019 at 12:27 PM, Nubiaa said:

Thank you!! I’m glad and hope everyone who filed around the same time gets theirs by the end of this month. And does the NVC ship them out on the 5th?? 

Yes

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 2/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, Jay Jones said:

She can get the NBI Clearance now.  My fiancé got hers done at the NBI office in Angeles City and it took about 20 minutes.

The embassy does not except an NBI or CENOMAR older then 6 months at time of interview. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

What does the P3 state. You got to do some of the heavy lifting.

Haven’t got it yet. We just have a case number. Was just asking because my fiancée was asking if she could go ahead and schedule her NBI clearance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The embassy does not except an NBI or CENOMAR older then 6 months at time of interview. Just saying.

Ok perfect! That’s the answer I was looking for. Thank you!

Timeline
Just now, clw654321 said:

Haven’t got it yet. We just have a case number. Was just asking because my fiancée was asking if she could go ahead and schedule her NBI clearance.

Its good for 6 months, so I'd say yes. 

9 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

Wow. I post it a thousand times so it could have been missed. Here it again. You can't miss these links. I doubt you'll need to ask questions but if you do need to ask in the sub-forum for the Philippines, link is below.

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1
https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank's website
http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Additional information can be found here:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview. 
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Manila US Embassy states that a scanned copy of the signed I-134 is fine, if you don't have the original. 

Manila US Embassy states that a scanned copy of the signed I-134 is fine, if you don't have the original. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.