TZM

(I-130) Dec 2018 Applicants

504 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou Karim, you are so much of an help. So basically we should call them after a month?

And secondly is there any chance you change your address after i-130 approval with nvc? And during nvc can they send information through emails?

If you change you address after filing your I-130, you should call them and update your address. To my knowledge most, if not all NVC communication is done via email, but I'm not 100% sure, so maybe someone on this site can confirm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Did anyone else get alerts about an update in your case yesterday? My wife was notified by e-mail that there was an update in our case yesterday. We have checked multiple times, but there is nothing new, and yesterday, the system shut down, so for quite a while, we could not even get access to the website. It still says "My case was received..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Got my NVC number today, few minutes ago actually.

Thought I'd provide an update on my situation if there's anyone out there comparing and estimating.

Centre/Center: Texas, SRC number.

Visa: CR-1

Spouse is a US Citizen.

• 2018-11-07 - Marriage.
  • 2018-12-12 - I-130 mailed.
  • 2018-12-14 - Priority Date.
  • 2018-12-24 - NOA1 received.
  • 2018-12-28 - Filed to change the Date of Birth for the Petitioner on the NOA1 as it was off by one year. Guessing a data entry mistake on the part of USCIS.
  • 2019-01-15 - Date of Birth changed.
  • 2019-07-03 - Actual Approval date.
  • 2019-07-05 - Date I received an email notification about the approval.
  • 2019-07-09 - Case sent to NVC. Received approval/NOA2 letter in mail.
  • 2019-07-16 - NVC received case - I called them to confirm this and get the date they received it.
  • 2019-08-07 - NVC case number created. dissecting the number it looks like it was created yesterday. Can't login yet, can take up to 72 hours. Going to try every so often.

1 minute ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Thought I'd provide an update on my situation if there's anyone out there comparing and estimating.

Spouse is a US Citizen.

• 2018-11-07 - Marriage.
  • 2018-12-28 - Filed to change the Date of Birth for the Petitioner on the NOA1 as it was off by one year. Guessing a data entry mistake on the part of USCIS.
  • 2019-07-16 - NVC received case - I called them to confirm this and get the date they received it.
  • 2019-08-07 - NVC case number created. dissecting the number it looks like it was created yesterday. Can't login yet, can take up to 72 hours. Going to try every so often.

Congrats!

We were able to login 30 minutes after email with case has been received. Not sure if the number was created same day or earlier.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, tomuk said:

Congrats!

We were able to login 30 minutes after email with case has been received. Not sure if the number was created same day or earlier.

Nothing yet, I'm going to keep on trying. Might wait until the end of the business in the US -- for all their timezones -- and then try again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Spouse is a US Citizen.

• 2018-11-07 - Marriage.

How did you get the case number and if you can tell me how did you know that NVC recieved the case? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

How did you get the case number and if you can tell me how did you know that NVC recieved the case? 

Case number received via email, using the email addresses enter on the I-130.

I kept calling the NVC to confirm/ask if my case had been received by them from USCIS.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Spouse is a US Citizen.

• 2018-11-07 - Marriage.

I was eventually able to login and pay both fees around 06:00 BST (GMT+1) I received the email with the case number around 18:56 BST (GMT+1)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/7/2019 at 8:16 AM, Kasozi Brian said:

How long does it take for NVC to schedule iimmigrant Visa interview appointments at Nairobi consulate if NVC documentarily accepted my docs

Find threads for your country or try facebook, thats how I found out which appointments were being assigned and for which dates (case closed date)

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

How do you find out when USCIS send the case to the NVC? Does the case status change? I called and they told me It may take up to 90 days for the NVC to received the case. I was just approved August 2 TSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.