MissEclair

K1 Visa and Vaccinations

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiancé recently pulled his vaccination records from his childhood doctor to consult with his current doctor on what’s needed. We are proactively doing this to avoid extra fees at the medical appointment for the interview.

His current doctor compared them (his list from childhood & the requirements on the embassy site) and it appears he needs to get 7 vaccinations!? I can’t imagine the medical before the interview would give that many at once.

That seems a bit excessive but I’m hoping others can help shed light and the best way to do this. Thanks!

AOS/EAD/AP

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/06/2019   NOA1 Notice Date

06/14/2019   Biometrics Appointment letter received  

07/01/2019   Biometrics Appointment

07/05/2019   Called USCIS to Expedite EAD based on job offer

07/17/2019   RFE letter received by mail for expedite

07/17/2019   Faxed supporting documents for expedite

08/06/2019   Called USCIS to inquire if fax was received

08/09/2019   Card in Production!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Vaccinations can go out of date. That may explain why he may need to get certain ones redone. Some could also be the same vaccination given multiple times. For example, I believe chickenpox vaccination requires two different shots over a few months. I know seven seems like a lot!

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MissEclair said:

Hi everyone,

My fiancé recently pulled his vaccination records from his childhood doctor to consult with his current doctor on what’s needed. We are proactively doing this to avoid extra fees at the medical appointment for the interview.

His current doctor compared them (his list from childhood & the requirements on the embassy site) and it appears he needs to get 7 vaccinations!? I can’t imagine the medical before the interview would give that many at once.

That seems a bit excessive but I’m hoping others can help shed light and the best way to do this. Thanks!

My fiancee provided no record and was given only mmr & tdap.   Was given an exception for varicella due to having chicken pox as a child

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, MissEclair said:

His doctor could be trying to play it safe as well. Maybe bring the shot records to the medical exam and see what happens then? Better safe than sorry.

My fiance and I use to work on board cruise ships and you have to have updated shot records and a medical done every two years.  He just updated his a few months ago. To be honest, because of this reason I haven't given much thought to the embassy medical exam.

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

If you opt to have the shots done at the first medical you are will generally get up to 3 shots or 4 if it is flu season.

The panel physician is under no obligation to base the shots given on the records provided.  It is up to their judgement.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

The majority of people on here will only need 4 (not counting multiple doses). And that's if you have never had them or don't have records. So likely could be even less. Mmr, Tdap, chicken pox, and flu shot if it's during flu season. Make sure to check your age and health requirements as that's what causes it to vary per person... the CDC website should have it, your medical offices site, or plenty of places on here it has been discussed before. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Depending on your fiance's age(i'm assuming hes between 18-64) My fiance took 2 total(Tdap and MMR), your fiance will need to take Flu shot because it's during flu season. Maybe Varicella(chicken pox) depends if he got chicken pox or not as a kid. so it shouldnt be more than 4 total.  See chart below for required vaccination.

image.png.5a65097a34728e50c8ac93af0d92beb2.png

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

My fiance got 4 + Flu. "JUST" to be safe when she comes over here. Don't remember exactly which ones, but i wanted her to do it in her Country before she moved here. As we all know, medical fee's would add up very quickly in USA. We just gave the green card required vaccination sheet, and the doctor just shot the ones, she was missing/needed/required. That was that.
Technically, to get K-1 You don't really need vaccinations, in reality, you WILL need them for AoS definitely. Save a headache, get them done prior medical before embassy, so you wouldn't have to go to civil surgeon etc.. It's not a biggie, but rather get done early, when not as busy, rather than running around when time for AoS comes. 
cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.