DeclanW

No updates on CEAC, anyone shared this experience?

91 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JPVL said:

I know the feeling, just hoping the process starts shifting on Monday. Seeing other people with this problem and getting resolved before me is strange to say the least, especially when they were interviewed after our interview date. Feeling pretty hopeless in this whole situation!

The lack of communication really does make this part of the process feel the most hopeless. It is so difficult to let it go and sit and wait for an answer with no guarantee than an email will be answered. Any other stage we could pick up a phone and talk to a person about it and at least feel like we could get a status update. I feel like I exhausted all my patience waiting for the NOA2 for 7 months. 😅

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, moreadore said:

The lack of communication really does make this part of the process feel the most hopeless. It is so difficult to let it go and sit and wait for an answer with no guarantee than an email will be answered. Any other stage we could pick up a phone and talk to a person about it and at least feel like we could get a status update. I feel like I exhausted all my patience waiting for the NOA2 for 7 months. 😅

My observations going back with 10 yrs on this UK forum and seeing long AP cases in London which we some times called Additional Processing (and not the Administrative Processing shuffling papers a few days )---

It is security related

They will not tell you how long

They will not tell you what it's about

There is nothing you can provide to fix it

They will not tell your Congressman what they are looking at

You get no hints or clues

You wait until they have vetted you with additional databases and measures.*

4 weeks,  8 weeks, 4 months, 18 months ??? Yes that has happened

It sucks.

*will elaborate later if desired. I'm busy.

Edited by Wuozopo

9 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

My observations going back with 10 yrs on this UK forum and seeing long AP cases in London which we some times called Additional Processing (and not the Administrative Processing shuffling papers a few days )---

It is security related

They will not tell you how long

They will not tell you what it's about

There is nothing you can provide to fix it

They will not tell your Congressman what they are looking at

You get no hints or clues

You wait until they have vetted you with additional databases and measures.*

4 weeks,  8 weeks, 4 months, 18 months ??? Yes that has happened

It sucks.

*will elaborate later if desired. I'm busy.

Please do elaborate. What I can tell you about our case that we keep thinking of what is the possible reason(s):

My fiance (beneficiary) does not have a middle name.

His father was born in Jamaica but my fiance is a UK citizen.

My fiance has a child with unknown whereabouts. We did name the child in the original i129f application and explained the lack of known address.

He is not and does not have a common middle eastern name or anything associated with travel ban countries. 

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, moreadore said:

Please do elaborate. What I can tell you about our case that we keep thinking of what is the possible reason(s):

My fiance (beneficiary) does not have a middle name.

His father was born in Jamaica but my fiance is a UK citizen.

My fiance has a child with unknown whereabouts. We did name the child in the original i129f application and explained the lack of known address.

He is not and does not have a common middle eastern name or anything associated with travel ban countries. 

Thanks.

It can be of course middleastern/terrorist country birth, ties, frequent visits. Or that of parents. It can be a name hit on any file. Perhaps somebody of the same/similar name pops up in a case. Maybe that person was only questioned as a witness. Certain research has to be done to dig into the file deeper to ferret out the reason for the name in the file...good guy, bad guy. Compare name hits to Immigrant for biographic details all to determine not same person. No middle name to help rule out might make it more difficult. Is there a Jamaican with same surname anywhere on  radar for drugs, trafficking, firearms, anything? If info isn't readily online, a query has to be made to another agency to go pull the file and do the research. A physical file could be requested. The odd things that might require additional work would mean somebody having to actually start looking, or get around to making a request to another post to pull a file. Then somebody in another geographic location to bother to get up, do it, and respond. Then the first person getting back to the files he has waiting on action, when today's work is already behind. You can see how a thing could take a while when you have to wait on multiple humans to do something. That's how it's possible these oddball things get stuck with inactivity. If your congressman pinged them on your behalf, they wouldn't reveal the nature of the search, but it might spur somebody to get to the back cases needing action. 

If you request help, make sure to coach the aide on what to ask. You know the case better than a congressional staff member. There's a difference between

What is the status of this case? Reply: It's in AP.

and

This case has been stuck 8 weeks. Please comment on if all the information needed to resolve it has been obtained or if the needed information is still pending.

In the end...I dunno... so throwing some thoughts out like the rest.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:36 AM, DeclanW said:

Sent up an email asking if I'm missing anything or if anything is wrong. Hopefully it prompts them to do anything, hoping next week it starts. Seeing the word ready gives me nightmares

Any response to your email today? Still no movement in my case. 😕

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JPVL said:

Any response to your email today? Still no movement in my case. 😕

Had a recent update today with no email response. Could be them looking at my case due to the email and not replying though which I think has happened before. I'm hoping it's more them finally getting onto it though. 

Just now, DeclanW said:

15 working days later it's changed to nonimmigrant and I'm in administrative processing

Congrats! Things should hopefully move quickly for you now.

Just now, DeclanW said:

Can't help the worrying but I'm glad it was all in my head

It gives me re-assurance, as I'm just starting along the AP late medical journey! Thanks for all of the updates.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Issued today around 11am. I'm so relieved after that huge feeling of being trapped in limbo. If your case is behind or slower than they said it would be, best to assume they have a backlog but I'm sure they get to them all.

53 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

Issued today around 11am. I'm so relieved after that huge feeling of being trapped in limbo. If your case is behind or slower than they said it would be, best to assume they have a backlog but I'm sure they get to them all.

Congratulations! Mine is still in 'Ready' but as we had exactly the same situation i imagine mine will change in the not too distant future. Just going to forget about checking the CEAC website and enjoy the holidays for now :D.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.