DeclanW

No updates on CEAC, anyone shared this experience?

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I went for my interview on the 26th on November, on the day I was approved and told they didn't have my medical results. 

After sending an email they confirmed they had my medical results on the 29th of November.

As far as I can tell in this forum, the "Case Last Updated:" should update nearly everyday. It may go from ready to AP, or back again. 

But mine hasn't been like that, the case has only updated on days the embassy replied to my emails, does this mean my case is just sat there having nothing done to it? Even now the last time they replied to me was the 6th of December so that's when the case was last updated. Before then it was a week with zero updates. 

The only thing that stands out in my experience compared to others on this forum is that the system was having issues the day I went for my interview, the person getting interviewed before me was told that he could be stuck in the embassy for two hours due to the system. But I was allowed to leave straight after, I assumed it was because they were waiting for my medical results. 

Only reason I'm worrying is because I wanted to be there for Christmas and I'm seeing people on this forum get their visa before me when they had interviews after. I know time can vary but my case just seems odd. 

I'm not really looking for a solution, just ideas or other people who may have experienced something similar. I've sent an email asking if there's any issues so that's all I have right now. Making me anxious.

Thanks very much.

Declan

So you emailed the Embassy to confirm they had received the medical results? Which email did you use? Or did you message visa the online question submission?

Edited by HarryWL

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ChadTaljaardt said:

Welcome to the party.. See my thread here: 

I am in the same boat as you.. doesn't looks good..

Yours has managed to move into administrative processing, I'm getting absolutely nothing from them 

1 minute ago, HarryWL said:

So you emailed the Embassy to confirm they had received the medical results? Which email did you use? Or did you message visa the online question submission?

Online submission form, they replied confirming they had the results 

7 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

Yours has managed to move into administrative processing, I'm getting absolutely nothing from them 

Online submission form, they replied confirming they had the results 

Were they quick to respond to your online submission? It seems backlogged cases aren’t prioritized as highly as current cases with interview dates 😕

Edited by HarryWL

Timeline
1 minute ago, HarryWL said:

Were they quick to respond to your online submission? It seems backlogged cases aren’t prioritized as highly as current cases with interview dates 😕

I rang Knightsbridge the day after and they confirmed they had sent them quite a while back. The embassy replied two days later saying they had the results, I kinda expected them to start updating daily from that point but I've been stuck on ready ever since. I wanted to consider the 29th my proper starting date and give them the 7-10 working days from then. But the lack of updates on CEAC is what's worrying me with everyone else seemingly getting updated everyday. 

36 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

3:30pm, no update today either. 

Still stuck on ready.

They probably left my application under a table or something 

Probably right next to our case that hasn't been touched since Nov 19th. But another user who had their interview same day as us got their visa and passport back. Not sure why some of us have fallen off into a black hole. It'd be great if there was some way to actually communicate with the embassy.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, moreadore said:

Probably right next to our case that hasn't been touched since Nov 19th. But another user who had their interview same day as us got their visa and passport back. Not sure why some of us have fallen off into a black hole. It'd be great if there was some way to actually communicate with the embassy.

I feel awful for saying it but it gives me some solace that someone is in the same situation. I've seen someone who got interviewed days after me got theirs. Sucks to wait, I wouldn't mind so much if any ounce of progress was shown.

The only thing I can think of that might explain some of this is when you go to the first window and they ask you when you’re planning to enter the US. If you aren’t going to be entering immediately they may hold onto the application so that they process your visa closer to your entry date. 

There has has to be a reason why they ask that question since they ask so few questions.

3 minutes ago, Steve&Chelsea said:

The only thing I can think of that might explain some of this is when you go to the first window and they ask you when you’re planning to enter the US. If you aren’t going to be entering immediately they may hold onto the application so that they process your visa closer to your entry date. 

There has has to be a reason why they ask that question since they ask so few questions.

We are thinking this might be one explanation but also possibly the priority date? We are March 2018 and all but 3 timelines are February and prior so perhaps they're holding March until some amount of February  has been processed?

1 hour ago, DeclanW said:

3:30pm, no update today either. 

Still stuck on ready.

They probably left my application under a table or something 

It's very strange how it would say ready and not AP. Has it ever shown as AP?

11 minutes ago, moreadore said:

We are thinking this might be one explanation but also possibly the priority date? We are March 2018 and all but 3 timelines are February and prior so perhaps they're holding March until some amount of February  has been processed?

20 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

I feel awful for saying it but it gives me some solace that someone is in the same situation. I've seen someone who got interviewed days after me got theirs. Sucks to wait, I wouldn't mind so much if any ounce of progress was shown.

Watch all of our cases change to issued on the same day. :S

Timeline
3 minutes ago, moreadore said:

I've heard of the priority date before, where exactly is that found? As for the interview I said mid-december so I'd expect something from that by now. 

3 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

It's very strange how it would say ready and not AP. Has it ever shown as AP?

Nope, I check everyday. It's only been ready and it's only shown "case last updated" twice when they replied to my emails 

6 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

I've heard of the priority date before, where exactly is that found? As for the interview I said mid-december so I'd expect something from that by now. 

Nope, I check everyday. It's only been ready and it's only shown "case last updated" twice when they replied to my emails 

The priority date I believe is the received date of your case by the USCIS as ours says March 1st but to be sure, it was in our email from the NVC when they gave us our LND number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.