sailormoon01

Transfer case from Amman to Beirut

10 posts in this topic

Timeline

Has anybody had luck with this? I wrote Beirut on our forms. I wanted the case in Beirut. NVC sent to Amman. NVC and USCIS are no help and seem to be wanting to wash their hands clean by saying they already sent the case to Amman. My fiancé can't go to Amman. Even the Amman website highlights the difficulties of Syrians going there. NVC and USCIS are basically telling me my only hope is to contact the embassies. This is messed up considering its their error and I correctly wrote the embassy on our application. I am so angry and scared. Amman told me they will send the case, but I need Beirut to email them stating they will accept it. I am so scared Beirut will not accept because of course they probably want a lighter case load. This is so scary. We were already in a bad situation because of the travel ban. 

P.S. I am also a citizen of a European country. I am starting to think our only hope will be to marry and for him to go to my other country. I still had hope for the USA because i seen some people getting waivers. Now that they wrongly sent his case to Amman, I am hopeless and crying every minute. 

Edited by sailormoon01

10 minutes ago, sailormoon01 said:

I am so scared Beirut will not accept because of course they probably want a lighter case load.

They won't reject it for that reason. The main reason for rejection would be if one does not have legal residency or a citizenship in/of the country.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I am syrian and i have no idea where did you get your info from .. He is afraid from going to Jordan ?? .. seriously!!?? .. is he really living with us here? .. 

anyways, i did my interview in jordan and nobody killed me .. please stop coming up with stuff that doesnt exist.

Filed: Timeline
39 minutes ago, sailormoon01 said:

Has anybody had luck with this? I wrote Beirut on our forms. I wanted the case in Beirut. NVC sent to Amman. NVC and USCIS are no help and seem to be wanting to wash their hands clean by saying they already sent the case to Amman. My fiancé can't go to Amman. Even the Amman website highlights the difficulties of Syrians going there. NVC and USCIS are basically telling me my only hope is to contact the embassies. This is messed up considering its their error and I correctly wrote the embassy on our application. I am so angry and scared. Amman told me they will send the case, but I need Beirut to email them stating they will accept it. I am so scared Beirut will not accept because of course they probably want a lighter case load. This is so scary. We were already in a bad situation because of the travel ban. 

P.S. I am also a citizen of a European country. I am starting to think our only hope will be to marry and for him to go to my other country. I still had hope for the USA because i seen some people getting waivers. Now that they wrongly sent his case to Amman, I am hopeless and crying every minute. 

It was not their error -- just because you put down Beirut on your forms, that doesn't automatically mean it will be sent there.  People are sometimes incorrect about where IVs are processed; when they are, NVC will route it to the correct Embassy/Consulate based on the beneficiary's location.  Amman, Jordan is the Embassy designated by the State Department to process IVs for those beneficiaries who live in Syria.  They have been assigned extra staff to do so.  Thats why your case was sent to Amman -- it's where all cases for beneficiares living in Syria are sent.

The Amman website clearly states that if you want your case sent elsewhere, you must contact that post and request that they accept your case.  If they agree to, they will then request the case directly from Amman.  (This, by the way, is the normal procedure for transferring an IV case anywhere in the world.)

26 minutes ago, sailormoon01 said:

He is worried for his family. They already bothered him because I am foreign with two nationalities. He lives in area where many people from the government who bother anybody they think is a spy or communicates with foreigners. Also, now there are so many problems with Syrians being refused on border. 

Maybe the problem is... Syria now, and not the American policies on where the interview will take place?  

Again, you CAN request the case to be transferred to Beirut - if you know Syrians who have done it... that's exactly how they did.  Nothing to debate really.

Timeline
Just now, Lemonslice said:

Maybe the problem is... Syria now, and not the American policies on where the interview will take place?  

Again, you CAN request the case to be transferred to Beirut - if you know Syrians who have done it... that's exactly how they did.  Nothing to debate really.

I did say that it is Syria. Even if he is allowed to enter Jordan, the problem is when he returns to his country. Seems to me though the American government purposely make it difficult for Syrian applicants by having it in Amman. They might as well have it in Tel Aviv. I also despise Obama for closing all American operations in Syria and for closing the Syrian embassy in the USA. Would be soooooo much easier if still an American embassy in Syria. 

You would be mad too if you spent time and money and now can't attend the interview. Your country is also Canada, so easy for you to talk. 

You see this as "the American government purposely making it difficult for Syrian applicants" - what I am saying is that it is not done to persecute YOU.  Again, you CAN have your file transferred.  Also, you have no idea where I am from and which hurdles I had to go through, so no need to judge. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~The OP has her answer to her question. This thread is locked and not to be restarted or carried over into another thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.