kkg325

N-400 DECEMBER 2018 filers

585 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tomriesgo said:

When submitting my N400 based on marriage online I did not elect to submit bank statements, I know you can upload further documents but has anyone else not submitted these as evidence? Everything else was uploaded. 

We didn’t submit bank statements.  For the ROC, we submitted a good two or three years of three different accounts.

The N-400 doesn’t require you to remain married or to prove that you entered into the marriage on good faith.  We filed three years joint tax returns.  I might upload the 2018 return after filing.

If they want more, they can always ask.

Signature coming soon...

Could someone please tell me if you tried to upload document photos, taken with your phone instead of scanned copies? did it work? Also, anyone tried to submit Turbo tax return forms instead of IRS transcripts? Thanks a lot!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/20/2019 at 10:54 PM, Amelie123 said:

Could someone please tell me if you tried to upload document photos, taken with your phone instead of scanned copies? did it work? Also, anyone tried to submit Turbo tax return forms instead of IRS transcripts? Thanks a lot!

I made an album with the photos, 2 to a page, on Google Docs (like MS word) so I could add info and describe the events and then I downloaded the document as a PDF.  It's a little easier to organize them that way, since the online application scrambles your document order.  We have a lot of photos, so I uploaded a pdf for each year.

You can download your IRS transcripts from the gov website, and from what I hear, they are much preferred. If you have trouble downloading them, they usually arrive via USPS within 2 weeks. (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript).

While I don't think it would affect whether or not you get approved, I do believe that there is a possibility that it would affect the time it takes.

15 minutes ago, Jessica Donahue said:

I made an album with the photos, 2 to a page, on Google Docs (like MS word) so I could add info and describe the events and then I downloaded the document as a PDF.  It's a little easier to organize them that way, since the online application scrambles your document order.  We have a lot of photos, so I uploaded a pdf for each year.

You can download your IRS transcripts from the gov website, and from what I hear, they are much preferred. If you have trouble downloading them, they usually arrive via USPS within 2 weeks. (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript).

While I don't think it would affect whether or not you get approved, I do believe that there is a possibility that it would affect the time it takes.

thank you!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/5/2019 at 10:00 AM, jsdixie_uk said:

Hi Everyone!  We filed our N400 on 12/4 with a priority date of 12/12.  The biometrics appointment in 1/7.  I am also on the December 2017 I-751 Filers forum as we now have both petitions pending.  Is there any one else here who has crossed over from the other forum?

On 1/5/2019 at 3:22 PM, Kelcello5 said:

We did!😄

I am a january 2018 filer. Received approval notice last week. Received green card last wednesday. Csc filer. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, jarj said:

I am a january 2018 filer. Received approval notice last week. Received green card last wednesday. Csc filer. 

Congrats!!!  Still no word on ours.  Glad you're through this hurdle!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, jsdixie_uk said:

Congrats!!!  Still no word on ours.  Glad you're through this hurdle!!!

Funny how we didn’t expect to receive any letter related with ROC because i know it might take awhile.  I already applied N400 end of december and expecting a letter related to that instead. But was surprised when the first word of ROC letter was COngratulations. I just had my biometrics for N400 today too. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, jarj said:

Funny how we didn’t expect to receive any letter related with ROC because i know it might take awhile.  I already applied N400 end of december and expecting a letter related to that instead. But was surprised when the first word of ROC letter was COngratulations. I just had my biometrics for N400 today too. 

We filed early December.  Strange how some cases filed later have already been approved.  At least you for sure won't have a combo interview, which takes a bit of stress off.  This is pure speculation, but maybe they'll move our cases through with N400s pending instead of sending them off to the NBC.  Fingers crossed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, jsdixie_uk said:

We filed early December.  Strange how some cases filed later have already been approved.  At least you for sure won't have a combo interview, which takes a bit of stress off.  This is pure speculation, but maybe they'll move our cases through with N400s pending instead of sending them off to the NBC.  Fingers crossed!

Could you clarify what cases you think that were filed later have been approved?

Are you talking about ROC or Citizenship cases?

You filed in early December 2018.

You think some filed later than you have already been approved.

So someone who applied in mid to late Dec 2018 have already been approved?

For what?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Leo7777 said:

Could you clarify what cases you think that were filed later have been approved?

Are you talking about ROC or Citizenship cases?

You filed in early December 2018.

You think some filed later than you have already been approved.

So someone who applied in mid to late Dec 2018 have already been approved?

For what?

No.  I was referring to ROC filed in December 2017.  There have been some January 2018 ROC filers with cases at CSC who have already been approved ahead of us with approval notice and green card in hand.   

interview is next month any advice or tips for me guys apply under 3 years married , 

here is list of documents

Green card

Passports expire one too

Marriage certification

Bank account together

Telephone Electric bills together

House tax paid by with our name

Car insurance together

File taxes together 2015-2016-2017-2018-

Family picture together every Christmas

Wife birth certificate and mine

Buy new car together I did paid down payment on it show in paper

Living in same address since I arrive to states .

Wife will be with me in my interview support me

What else can you tell me Its alot to prove that you living together in same addresss and show all those document .

Timeline
4 hours ago, bestluck said:

interview is next month any advice or tips for me guys apply under 3 years married , 

here is list of documents

Green card

Passports expire one too

Marriage certification

Bank account together

Telephone Electric bills together

House tax paid by with our name

Car insurance together

File taxes together 2015-2016-2017-2018-

Family picture together every Christmas

Wife birth certificate and mine

Buy new car together I did paid down payment on it show in paper

Living in same address since I arrive to states .

Wife will be with me in my interview support me

What else can you tell me Its alot to prove that you living together in same addresss and show all those document .

This thread is for those who filed N-400 for Citizenship during the month of December 2018.

So you mean to say you filed in December 2018, and now you are going for Citizenship interview in February 2019?

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

15 hours ago, Leo7777 said:

This thread is for those who filed N-400 for Citizenship during the month of December 2018.

So you mean to say you filed in December 2018, and now you are going for Citizenship interview in February 2019?

Yes , here is list 

January 3, 2019 scheduled your interview
January 2, 2019 reviewed your biometrics
December 15, 2018 scheduled your biometrics appointment
December 10, 2018 received your application
  •  
Edited by bestluck

Timeline
44 minutes ago, bestluck said:

Yes , here is list 

January 3, 2019 scheduled your interview
January 2, 2019 reviewed your biometrics
December 15, 2018 scheduled your biometrics appointment
December 10, 2018 received your application
  •  

OK, thanks for your response.

Sounds pretty fantastic or maybe a mistake.

What is the city and state of your local office?

Is this for your ROC or Citizenship?

Please go into your profile and fill out the items shown in the left side like in my posting.  This will answer forever the questions that I just asked you above.

Also, when in your profile, go to signature section and type out your info like is shown at the bottom of each of my postings.

This info will answer forever your timeline so that no confusion exists.

This full disclose info helps everyone here and mitigates need for others to keep asking repetitive questions to get clarification about what a person posts.

Thank you.

Edited by Leo7777

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.