2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, escape said:

@Trizzle I saw on your timeline that you received a c14 after the c31. Did you apply for the c14 separately? Could you please explain why? (the benefit of having one)

I tried Googling, but found very little information. I understand it is tied to our deferred action, but don’t understand if there is an extra benefit to apply for it. I have a c31 EAD card, and the deferred action NOA (it’s a piece of paper).

I didn’t apply for it. I just got notified that new card was being produced and then the lawyers received it. They sent me a pic of it. Based on what I read I don’t think there is any extra benefit for it...I may be wrong but I know the category itself C14 states that the ALIEN IS GRANTED DEFFERED ACTION. If someone else knows I would like to know as well. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trizzle said:

I didn’t apply for it. I just got notified that new card was being produced and then the lawyers received it. They sent me a pic of it. Based on what I read I don’t think there is any extra benefit for it...I may be wrong but I know the category itself C14 states that the ALIEN IS GRANTED DEFFERED ACTION. If someone else knows I would like to know as well. 

I got mine under c31 same : Alien Granted Deferred Action. 

We will communicate separately once a decision is made on your pending adjustment status application.

Timeline
1 minute ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I got mine under c31 same : Alien Granted Deferred Action. 

We will communicate separately once a decision is made on your pending adjustment status application.

The person wanted to know why I got 2 EAD C31 and C14 and I was just telling them that USCIS sent both without me applying. The EAD C14 already has DERRED ACTION attached to it. So basically I don’t have to walk with the I-767C paper. 

18 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

764849AE-4410-4985-9307-1FBD395F478E.png

I am absolutely awful with this but i am trying my best! 

Thank you for helping me .

I Don't know is that something I should worry about or Do something about it or not .

Or just they made it by mistake Instead they Put (A) word they put (T) word .

If anyone see that's something serious and I should do something about it please let me know .

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, escape said:

@Trizzle I saw on your timeline that you received a c14 after the c31. Did you apply for the c14 separately? Could you please explain why? (the benefit of having one)

I tried Googling, but found very little information. I understand it is tied to our deferred action, but don’t understand if there is an extra benefit to apply for it. I have a c31 EAD card, and the deferred action NOA (it’s a piece of paper).

Here  is some general information RE- EADS for everyone:

There are SEVERAL ways to get an EAD with the VAWA process. You may qualify for an EAD multiple ways. (thats fine, you only need ONE EAD, do not file for multiple types of EADs).

First way- File 360 and check box on form for c31 EAD upon 360 approval. It takes apx 12-15 months for 360 to get approved but once it is approved the EAD c31 is mailed immediately. Some people even get the EAD approval/card mailed notice before notification the 360 was approved due to the way the system is set up. If you got a c31 EAD your 360 has been approved. The EAD is valid one year and you must pay to renew or be eligible for a fee waiver. Also covered by 180 day auto extension.

Second way- If you file 360+485+765 you will receive a C09 EAD in apx 3 months (goal time of USCIS) but currently it is taking apx 4-6 months from date 485/765 filed. c09 EAD is also valid for one year and covered by the 180 day extension. NO FEE to renew.

Third way- If you are eligible you can also get a c14 EAD under deferred action. Must have deferred action approved for this category. (no idea on processing time for this sorry, very few people fall into this category and those that do often have attnys). There is no auto extension for this category and I believe you pay renewal fees or fee waiver.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, escape said:

Thank you @Trizzle and @Damara that was very helpful.

I understand there is no need for a c14 if one has a c31 (or c9) and a deferred action NOA. Just to be safe, I have a copy of the NOA in my wallet and a picture of it in my phone. 

Your welcome but that’s good that you travel with it. As I stated earlier USCIS felt good or something so they sent my lawyers the EAD C14 so I’m gonna walk with both because EAD C14 doesn’t have fingerprints on it and it has a later expiration date. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Poupis said:

Today I got my 2nd EAD. I applied for renewal Jan-2019 and today I picked it up at my lawyer's office.

It was pretty fast! 1 month waiting only.

C9 category

Awesome! Congratulations! A step closer 🇺🇸💫

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mnmnm said:

Hi guys. I need help please 

my VAWA was approved but I - 485 denied due to abandonment. Letter says I have 30 days to leave country. Can I apply for new I-485 based on approved VAWA? 

I have no idea, my prayers for a positive resolution 🙏🏼

My common sense tells me that your lawyer should had let USCIS know about your previous I485 to avoid this issue today. I hope someone knows in the forum 🙌🏼 Good Luck 🍀 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mnmnm said:

Hi guys. I need help please 

my VAWA was approved but I - 485 denied due to abandonment. Letter says I have 30 days to leave country. Can I apply for new I-485 based on approved VAWA? 

this is so sad!!sorry dear,do yoh have an attorney?and the abandonment of the i-485 was it the one file by ur ex spouse or the one file by you when u filed your vawa?please contact Sandra ASAP?

10 hours ago, Poupis said:

Today I got my 2nd EAD. I applied for renewal Jan-2019 and today I picked it up at my lawyer's office.

It was pretty fast! 1 month waiting only.

C9 category

congratulations dear!You are very lucky and that was really quick!

Filed: Other Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

this is so sad!!sorry dear,do yoh have an attorney?and the abandonment of the i-485 was it the one file by ur ex spouse or the one file by you when u filed your vawa?please contact Sandra ASAP?

congratulations dear!You are very lucky and that was really quick!

I don’t have an attorney. It was filed by my ex spouse and it was kept on hold. I messaged Sandra already. Just waiting for her reply 

thank you tho 

1 minute ago, Mnmnm said:

I don’t have an attorney. It was filed by my ex spouse and it was kept on hold. I messaged Sandra already. Just waiting for her reply 

thank you tho 

@Mnmnm You should file a new I-485 ASAP based on an approved VAWA and send evidence in to prove that your VAWA was approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.