2,915 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Military said:

I concur with @Damara, additionally, OP you could be opening yourself up to criminal liability because the forms you submit are under penalty of perjury which states in relevant part "Copies of any documents I have submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered, original documents, and I understand that USCIS may require that I submit original documents to USCIS at a later date."

Omg!!! Thank you @Military I’m here worried now Bcz I can’t get to her !!! I’m scared she has already submitted it. It basically talks about me getting pregnant for somebody else and also that I had trouble with depression since an adolescent and that I use to cut myself 🤦🏾‍♀️ And as far as I know having a “disability” and harming yourself is grounds for s bar 

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

If the person has a hospital record stating about the abuse then the person doesn't need a psychological evaluation.

@sandranj please I would like to know in a case were the person did not state the original cause of injury during hospital visit, can the person explain it in the affidavit and still add the record as proof of abuse?

Thank you!

Edited by Ilo

12 minutes ago, Jawithlove said:

Omg!!! Thank you @Military I’m here worried now Bcz I can’t get to her !!! I’m scared she has already submitted it. It basically talks about me getting pregnant for somebody else and also that I had trouble with depression since an adolescent and that I use to cut myself 🤦🏾‍♀️ And as far as I know having a “disability” and harming yourself is grounds for s bar 

Like others have stated, it is best not to send a document than alter its credibility, if your attorney has already sent it, then I suggest you request another copy and ask your attorney to send it them, you don't want to get into trouble for hiding information related to your case. I assume your attorney does not what uscis to think that you inflicted injuries on yourself, that was why she asked you to black out some things, that been said, it is best you submit all relevant documents without misrepresentation.

Edited by Ilo

5 hours ago, scared101 said:

i was referred to this visa journey by a friend he told me to bring my case here maybe i can get help i dnt know what VAWA was he is just the one explaining to me so i want to ask if my case still have a solution..i want to ask if i can file for Vawa after two failed interviews with my wife,my wife intentionally went there and missed the questions we are been asked cause i begged her to follow me to the interview cause she has been so abusive to me and always maltreat me..it was more than hell when we were living together she really abuses me alot mentally and phsysically but i dnt know what to do sometimes she leaves the house for days and wont even tell me where she went to ..she brings his baby father to the house and sleep and the lock me outside..i dnt have what to do cause she always threatens me with deportation that she will not go to the interview ..so i always beg her and even kiss her ###..i always go for psycological evaluation when we were living together and i had like 20 sessions they even gave me medicine to use..but i dnt know anything like Vawa..all my lawyer was just telling me is to keep begging her to the interview now i begged her to the interview ..her baby father told me wife to collect 2000 dollars from my hand..i paid the money yet she still went there and missed the questions we went for two interviews and now they deny my case ..please what can i do ....cause i know they will be preparing to send NTA now..i have all evidences of marriage...even her text messages on facebook when i begged her and where we argue a lot and that where she threatens to deport me if i don concur to her wishes...we have joint bank account and receipt of the room we rent and pictures with her sisters and friends,,hotel receipts on our names..health insurance and all ..i can get the psychological evaluation paper work from the therapist ..over 20 sessions ...so please can i file for vawa even after they have denied my case cause am planning of divorcing her ..please what can i do or has my life ended like that through this devilish woman that just used me ..please i really need your advise...i will be so happy

I have replied your message, you have a case as vawa is involved but that can be established by a vawa experienced attorney. Some  people have NTA yet they filed vawa. So you need to get a lawyer to assist you as suggested by Sandra. 

On 12/7/2018 at 10:03 AM, Jawithlove said:

Hey @Military congrats girl been reading for a while. I have a question tho have u ever traveled before getting ur GC

No I decided not to, decided not to risk it when I realized that the new administration was focused on immigration enforcement. 

Hi everyone! happy holidays..

I just find out my EAD was filing under c31. Im married with a USC and we send al the forms together. I360 i465 i765

I read in old entries you can send again i765 with the c9 category and a letter expresing the wrong category was selected on the previous form, my question is do i have to pay again for this?

Thanks a lot!

41 minutes ago, Military said:

UPDATE

This morning I had a little scare. My GC delivery was delayed by the declaration of Wednesday as a federal holiday/day of mourning. However, this morning I checked on the tracking number and the status said: "Forward Expired" obviously the person who lived there before had a forwarding and it expired today. I had to call the post office and then ask them to hold it. They were about to return it by mistake thinking I had moved. I was so pissed. Fortunately, I was able to collect it before they returned. Today for the first time the USCIS case status updated for the first time since Feb 2017.

On December 8, 2018, the Post Office reported that they are returning your new card for Receipt Number MSC**************, to us. We mailed your card to the address you gave us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. The tracking number assigned is 9*************************. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

They haven't gotten the memo yet :) I already collected it. Thankfully, today my GC journey officially ended. Next step 3 years from now I will hopefully go for citizenship, to everyone still waiting, hang in there, I hope that more good news keeps coming for each and every VJ member. I also hope that those persons whose cases are within processing time get a wonderful Christmas present in the form of an approval. 

So happy for you girl!!! Now u can’t wait to go eat some fish and lobster from helshire lmao. I would ask u a little about your journey but I know ur probably too excited right now 

2 hours ago, Military said:

UPDATE

This morning I had a little scare. My GC delivery was delayed by the declaration of Wednesday as a federal holiday/day of mourning. However, this morning I checked on the tracking number and the status said: "Forward Expired" obviously the person who lived there before had a forwarding and it expired today. I had to call the post office and then ask them to hold it. They were about to return it by mistake thinking I had moved. I was so pissed. Fortunately, I was able to collect it before they returned. Today for the first time the USCIS case status updated for the first time since Feb 2017.

On December 8, 2018, the Post Office reported that they are returning your new card for Receipt Number MSC**************, to us. We mailed your card to the address you gave us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. The tracking number assigned is 9*************************. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

They haven't gotten the memo yet :) I already collected it. Thankfully, today my GC journey officially ended. Next step 3 years from now I will hopefully go for citizenship, to everyone still waiting, hang in there, I hope that more good news keeps coming for each and every VJ member. I also hope that those persons whose cases are within processing time get a wonderful Christmas present in the form of an approval. 

Congrats 

2 hours ago, Military said:

UPDATE

Big big big Congratulations!!!! Please throw yourself a private congratulatory party. This is wonderful Christmas present. All the best for the new year!!! 🙂

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/7/2018 at 10:11 AM, Ilo said:

@sandranj please I would like to know in a case were the person did not state the original cause of injury during hospital visit, can the person explain it in the affidavit and still add the record as proof of abuse?

Thank you!

The person can do submit the  hospital record but then he/she has to explain why didn't tell someone in  the hospital that he/she was suffering abuse.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ylx said:

Hi everyone! happy holidays..

I just find out my EAD was filing under c31. Im married with a USC and we send al the forms together. I360 i465 i765

I read in old entries you can send again i765 with the c9 category and a letter expresing the wrong category was selected on the previous form, my question is do i have to pay again for this?

Thanks a lot!

If you never filed category C9 then you have to pay the USCIS fee, if you can't afford then file form I-912 to waive the fees.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.