Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

I just realized that I never included the NOA2 with the I765 and the I131 I only included it with the I465. I'm so stressed that I am going to get an RFE now. I checked it a million times before I mailed it but didn't know that had to be in there as supporting evidence.  This is horrible. 

it was not on the list of required documents, i submitted as extra but i dont think they need it when you file with AOS.

on their website: https://www.uscis.gov/i-765Checklist

image.png.c28b0ab89854c77c5d08f589a70ef29b.png

Edited by Lebanese23

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lebanese23 said:

it was not on the list of required documents, i submitted as extra but i dont think they need it when you file with AOS.

Maybe you are right. I could be totally over thinking this,

15 minutes ago, Anna Mo said:

Hi everyone! Do you how many day we get fingersprint appointment after we got noa1? 

Approximately one month.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

on their website: https://www.uscis.gov/i-765Checklist

image.png.c28b0ab89854c77c5d08f589a70ef29b.png

what a relief. I provided his I94, visa, passport and 2 passport photos.

Edited by Jenny17655

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi 👋 We'll be sending off our AOS/AP/EAD stuff in 2 weeks~

Quick questions..

Recent Immigration History (Part 1, Item 15-19)

1. Did you guys fill in passport OR travel document?

2. If the answer is passport, is my Nonimmigrant Visa Number the red number located on the bottom right side of my K1 visa stamp?

Information About You (Part 1, Item 24)

1.  How do I answer "What is your current immigration status (if it has changed since your arrival)?" - I entered the US on K1 and got married within 90 days.

Information About Your Immigrant Category (Part 2, Item 3-4)

1. Is the Receipt Number my WAC# on NOA1?

2. Where do I find the Priority Date? I've read on VJ its either NOA1 date or NOA2 approval date.

Thanks for your help!!

Edited by SR_CAN

4 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Quick questions..

😁K1s enter on a passport.

2. If the answer is passport, is my Nonimmigrant Visa Number the red number located on the bottom right side of my K1 visa stamp?

😁Yes

1.  How do I answer "What is your current immigration status (if it has changed since your arrival)?" - I entered the US on K1 and got married within 90 days.

😁Your immigration status hasnt changed. You are still a "K1 Visa Holder".

😁Sure is

2. Where do I find the Priority Date? I've read on VJ its either NOA1 date or NOA2 approval date.

😀NOA1 receipt date from your I129F petition.

Thanks for your help!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yay thank you @K1visaHopeful 😄

For the "What is your current immigration status (If it has changed since your arrival) - I'm assuming I just put K1 visa holder or no change?

Edited by SR_CAN

1 minute ago, SR_CAN said:

Yay thank you @K1visaHopeful 😄

For the "What is your current immigration status (If it has changed since your arrival) - I'm assuming I just put K1 visa holder or no change?

You can input "K1 Visa Holder". Better not confuse anyone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/4/2018 at 6:39 AM, Lebanese23 said:

AOS packet sent 11/28, delivered 11/30. also waiting for NOA1s. Best of luck for everyone.  my husband finally got his SSN and our next step is to add him to as many things as I can.  does anyone know what we need to take to the bank to make a joint account?

We opened a joint acc with Chase. They request:

• Photo ID (travel passport in my case)
  • 2nd form of ID - something that had my name AND address on it = proof of US residency. I brought a utility bill.
  • Marriage certificate (so I can use my married name on the account)

That was it, but we did spend 1,5 h at the bank while they were filling the forms for us.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
55 minutes ago, SR_CAN said:

Quick questions..

Thanks for your help!!

1. It's the same doc for me. enter whatever you used to come here

2. I believe so

3. Leave blank, your status hasn't changed

4. Priority date is NOA1 date
5. Receipt number is WAC number

Edited by stacyt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, stacyt said:

We opened a joint acc with Chase. They request:

• Photo ID (travel passport in my case)
  • 2nd form of ID - something that had my name AND address on it = proof of US residency. I brought a utility bill.
  • Marriage certificate (so I can use my married name on the account)

That was it, but we did spend 1,5 h at the bank while they were filling the forms for us.

The only thing I’m missing is proof of residency. We currently live with my parents until we close on a condo. No utility bill yet. I can’t think of any other items. I’m trying to add him to car insurance and he’s already on my phone bill but they don’t accept phone bills unless it’s landline. All these damn rules are frustrating honestly. 

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

10 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

The only thing I’m missing is proof of residency. We currently live with my parents until we close on a condo. No utility bill yet. I can’t think of any other items. I’m trying to add him to car insurance and he’s already on my phone bill but they don’t accept phone bills unless it’s landline. All these damn rules are frustrating honestly. 

Proof of residency could be your USCIS receipts.

Timeline

Hopefully we all start getting our NOAs very soon! Where is everyone from? New York here. Husband is Jamaican (obviously)

Just now, Jenny17655 said:

Hopefully we all start getting our NOAs very soon! Where is everyone from? New York here. Husband is Jamaican (obviously)

I guess that was a silly question lol I can just look to the left

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.