Rell22

NVC Procees - May Filers 2018

123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, NCDEPAZ said:

Rell22 Thanks for replaying!  Yes the petition was sent to embassy in Peru. How do I access the case tracker? no interview date yet . We did the ds-160 online and has been submitted already. Thanks for the help.

No problem. You can check your status by clicking the link below. The embassy I believe will schedule your interview. I’m not sure how long the wait is for a non immigrant visa. So if the status seems off to you when you check it, you might want to see if you can call/email the embassy in Peru. I hope it helps. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 12:08 PM, Apple Bee said:

It took TSC almost a month to send our case to NVC. We were approved 11/28 and even though the NOA2 I received in the mail two days later said "we have forwarded your petition to the NVC... ” they didn't actually send it until 12/21/18. I called NVC 3 times and finally the final time I called they stated they received it on 1/3/19. Then they told me it would take up to 8 weeks for a case number. All this waiting is torture!!!

The first week of February you should have your case number. They tell people that so they will not call NVC every week.

keep calling them.

from the date you get approved you count upto 8 weeks for your case number. That how it work.

not when they received you count 8 weeks no.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
53 minutes ago, nyokie said:

The first week of February you should have your case number. They tell people that so they will not call NVC every week.

keep calling them.

from the date you get approved you count upto 8 weeks for your case number. That how it work.

Yes you told me this already but as I said, there have been many members who reported not receiving a case number until 6-8 weeks have passed from the time NVC received their file, not 6-8 weeks from the time it was approved. Believe me, I'd rather you be right about this because it means I'd be getting my case number in a week or so like you said.  

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

11 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

Yes you told me this already but as I said, there have been many members who reported not receiving a case number until 6-8 weeks have passed from the time NVC received their file, not 6-8 weeks from the time it was approved. Believe me, I'd rather you be right about this because it means I'd be getting my case number in a week or so like you said.  

Yeah unfortunately it’s been taking close to the full 8 weeks from when they receive the petition :( It took us 7 weeks and 1 day. 

Approved at USCIS: oct 19/2018

sent to NVC: oct 30/2018

NVC recieved: nov 7/2018

case # assigned: dec 27/2018 

1 week and 5 days to send to NVC

then 1 week and 1 day for NVC to receive petition and  7 weeks and 1 day for case #

hope that helps!! 

Timeline

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up on the process. You should start getting your documents and your love ones documents ready for when NVC contacts you to submit them. Some documents can be a pain. NVC wants the documents facing up. So if you do a scan of your documents, make sure they are facing up. Rotate them before submitting them if they’re upside down or sideways. 

I recommed getting your tax transcripts but, you can also use your last three years of tax returns for financial verification. Start working on the DS-260 and the affidavit of support now. Some questions will trip you up and require some research. For example, my wife father left when she was young and she had to hunt around for some documents with his name on it in order to translate it to English.

I will continue to fill you in as I go along. Stay in good faith everyone and keep fighting!! Almost over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Quick update...

All my documentation and AOS submitted and approved. NVC expedited my case to the Embassy in Peru and now just waiting for my interview date! All in all, I must say that from the moment my case was approved by NVC up until now it has been such a smooth, rather quick process. Again, I was extremely prepared with all my documentation and forms. The day both payments cleared I was already uploading all my civil documents with each translation so that really saved me time. Word of advice, have everything scanned/translated & ready to go and that will surely save you some time. I'm so grateful that my process has been such thus far and I haven't had to wait that long. Just one last step and I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Here's hoping I can get an interview date soon!!

anyone with interview info, please share!

thanks & continued luck to all!

Timeline
12 hours ago, zaidjunaid said:

by the grace of God got my i.130 approved on 30th jan 2019 lets hope next steps to process fast as well ..

It will be about a 2-3 month process from when NVC receives your case to when the visa is approved. But definitely much faster than USCIS. 

On 1/27/2019 at 1:41 PM, nyokie said:

keep calling them.

Calling the NVC to find out if your case number is issued is a complete waste of time. It just clogs up the lines for folks who actually have questions or issues. Case numbers are currently being issued in 7-8 weeks after the NVC receives them. Mine was issued 7 weeks and 2 days from the NVC receive date of 11/21/18.

You will receive and e-mail with a case number, when you receive it. Calling does nothing to speed up the processes.

Edited by N & Nancy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
9 hours ago, N & Nancy said:

Calling the NVC to find out if your case number is issued is a complete waste of time. It just clogs up the lines for folks who actually have questions or issues. Case numbers are currently being issued in 7-8 weeks after the NVC receives them. Mine was issued 7 weeks and 2 days from the NVC receive date of 11/21/18.

You will receive and e-mail with a case number, when you receive it. Calling does nothing to speed up the processes.

Did I said anything about speeding the process? No,

We know it take 7-8 weeks....

Let the people call if they want to call. 

Am done with that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.