Rell22

NVC Procees - May Filers 2018

123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello my fellow May filers. I know a lot of us just got approved, so I decided we can track our NVC process here. NVC usually assigns your case to an agent after 4 - 6 weeks. After that, you have to pay your fees and submit your beneficiary documents. They will then schedule an interview after checking the documents for accuracy. I’ve read from another forum, that this proces is taking about 2 - 3 months.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It depends now on the USC and how fast the fees are paid and the supporting documents submitted

the criminal report does have to come now from the beneficary

they accept scanned copy and origianl at interview

send it to USC as it needs to be submitted with the bar code cover sheet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you for creating this thread. I didn't wanna complain about waiting for my case to get sent to NVC in the I-130 May filers thread when people are still awaiting their NOA2.

Could you kindly fix the thread title? Process is misspelled. Please and Thank you😁

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

It depends now on the USC and how fast the fees are paid and the supporting documents submitted

the criminal report does have to come now from the beneficiary

they accept scanned copy and original at interview

send it to USC as it needs to be submitted with the bar code cover sheet

I'm going back to see my husband in January for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping I could gather his documents to bring back with me. 

So his birth certificate that I already have from when we got married in April, that can't be used again? I know the criminal report has to be new but what about the other documents?

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 minutes ago, PersaisX said:

I'm going back to see my husband in January for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping I could gather his documents to bring back with me. 

So his birth certificate that I already have from when we got married in April, that can't be used again? I know the criminal report has to be new but what about the other documents?

Take your IRS transcripts 2017 if interview is before 15th of April

he will need 2018 if after that date

get a new birth certificate and marriage / it always helps to have a couple

have him get any school records 

and of course translate them into English

Adil also bought shot records 

and a resume of work history and phone numbers of all employers/  this did help as he had a job within 2 months

doesn't hurt to have the crimianl reports from Morocco as he is new to the US (for job interviews)

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
1 hour ago, PersaisX said:

Thank you for creating this thread. I didn't wanna complain about waiting for my case to get sent to NVC in the I-130 May filers thread when people are still awaiting their NOA2.

Could you kindly fix the thread title? Process is misspelled. Please and Thank you😁

Haha sorry for that, Persia. Thank you for informing me of my errors. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Do my husband's documents have to be legalized and current? When we got married, we got several original copies of our marriage license and his birth certificate legalized just in case, so would they still be ok to use for NVC? The criminal report he is getting now and would like to know if that has to be legalized? Information on NVC is kind of vague.. 

Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 4:42 PM, jantacza said:

Do my husband's documents have to be legalized and current? When we got married, we got several original copies of our marriage license and his birth certificate legalized just in case, so would they still be ok to use for NVC? The criminal report he is getting now and would like to know if that has to be legalized? Information on NVC is kind of vague.. 

Hey, sorry for the late replay. I tried looking this information up for you. Including info from other users on this site. So yes, the copies have to be official copies of every document. But they do not have to be brand new. I’m not sure if that’s what you meant by “current”. If he was ever divorced though, those papers would be separate of his marriage certificate with you. The birth certificate issue just has to be a government issued birth certificate. It doesn’t have to be the original, just a legal birth certificate given to him by the country of his birth. The criminal report he gets from the police usually comes with a verification showing its legality and authenticity from the police department who issued it to you.  So I’m assuming you took extra steps, and they sound like they are all legal documents. So yes, they should be fine. Just remember, they all need to be translated. I hope this helps. 

Edited by Rell22
Put a sentence in the wrong spot

Timeline

Hey everyone, I just called the NVC center after work. I was told by the kind lady on the phone that my case was received by NVC from USCIS on 12/07/18. So 17 days after my NOA2 Date. I was told, that it will take at least 8 weeks to process and instructions emailed to me instructing me on what to do next. I’ve heard from other members who went through this process, that it did not take entirely 8 weeks. Some received theirs after 6 weeks. Some, sooner. It all depends I guess. I see other members from

earlier dates than ours have gone to the method of calling every week until they get the case number. I’ll probably call again in two weeks unless one of you call and get your case number. Then, I’ll call that day lol. Just wanted to update everyone. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/664445-i-130-march-2018-filers-merged-threads/?do=findComment&comment=9489537

(March Filers are giving detailed information about the NVC process)

Edited by Rell22

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rell22 said:

Hey everyone, I just called the NVC center after work. I was told by the kind lady on the phone that my case was received by NVC from USCIS on 12/07/18. So 17 days after my NOA2 Date. I was told, that it will take at least 8 weeks to process and instructions emailed to me instructing me on what to do next. I’ve heard from other members who went through this process, that it did not take entirely 8 weeks. Some received theirs after 6 weeks. Some, sooner. It all depends I guess. I see other members from

earlier dates than ours have gone to the method of calling every week until they get the case number. I’ll probably call again in two weeks unless one of you call and get your case number. Then, I’ll call that day lol. Just wanted to update everyone. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/664445-i-130-march-2018-filers-merged-threads/?do=findComment&comment=9489537

(March Filers are giving detailed information about the NVC process)

I suggest monitoring this thread too. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Rell22 said:

Hey, sorry for the late replay. I tried looking this information up for you. Including info from other users on this site. So yes, the copies have to be official copies of every document. But they do not have to be brand new. I’m not sure if that’s what you meant by “current”. If he was ever divorced though, those papers would be separate of his marriage certificate with you. The birth certificate issue just has to be a government issued birth certificate. It doesn’t have to be the original, just a legal birth certificate given to him by the country of his birth. The criminal report he gets from the police usually comes with a verification showing its legality and authenticity from the police department who issued it to you.  So I’m assuming you took extra steps, and they sound like they are all legal documents. So yes, they should be fine. Just remember, they all need to be translated. I hope this helps. 

Thank you so much for the info! Big help.

Timeline

Hey Guys,

I received an e-mail today that Action was taken on my case so, I logged into my uscis acct and saw the update:

on 12/11/18 Case has been sent to Dept of State for Visa Processing.

14 days from NOA2. Will begin to call in a couple of days for case number. Best of luck everyone, and if you have any updates on your cases please keep us up to date. Any info helps and eases the burden of waiting when there are signs of progress.. however little it may be!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, jantacza said:

Hey Guys,

I received an e-mail today that Action was taken on my case so, I logged into my uscis acct and saw the update:

on 12/11/18 Case has been sent to Dept of State for Visa Processing.

14 days from NOA2. Will begin to call in a couple of days for case number. Best of luck everyone, and if you have any updates on your cases please keep us up to date. Any info helps and eases the burden of waiting when there are signs of progress.. however little it may be!

My petition was approved 13 days ago and the status still hasn't changed from "Case was approved". I wonder if this means Texas still hasn't sent the file to NVC<_<

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

My petition was approved 13 days ago and the status still hasn't changed from "Case was approved". I wonder if this means Texas still hasn't sent the file to NVC<_<

Have you tried calling NVC and asking? Maybe they are really falling behind with their website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.