1,198 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

Our mail that was "On Hold" due to an international trip was finally delivered today.  We received an original I-797 Receipt Notice extending my wife's green card for 18 months.  Since she already did the biometric, it's back to the waiting game.  Good luck everyone!  

Informed delivery shows letter from USCIS after a non-delivery request on 01/30 and a failed infopass appointment 02/19 fingers crossed it’s the extension letter

22 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

If you are CR-1 your daughter would be a CR-2. 

IR-1 are for people married over 2 years when they arrive. 

How old is your daughter? If she is under 18 she will automatically become a citizen when you do. 

If someone can help me. With this question mother cr1 daughter ir2. Will be able to apply for citizenship in Dec wonder can I apply for child at the same time or do I need to wait until I am approve before filing for child 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, sasha8384 said:

If someone can help me. With this question mother cr1 daughter ir2. Will be able to apply for citizenship in Dec wonder can I apply for child at the same time or do I need to wait until I am approve before filing for child 

Well you need to come with details. How old is the child. When did you come? When did the child come and so on. Can’t help you with no info. 

2 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Well you need to come with details. How old is the child. When did you come? When did the child come and so on. Can’t help you with no info. 

She 8 I came in 2017 in roc now child came in 2018. Not sure what else 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 hours ago, sasha8384 said:

She 8 I came in 2017 in roc now child came in 2018. Not sure what else 

A child under 18 can not apply for citizenship. Because your daughter is under 18 and living with you and a GC holder she will automatically become a us citizen when you do.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 2/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, cute_pretzel said:

I have not received the NOA1 and the extension letter. Green card is expiring at the end of March. Submitted inquiry forms online but never heard from them. This is so frustrating. 

My wife's expires mid march.  I called today to the USCIS line.  I called right at 8am est when they opened and still had to wait 30 minutes or so to talk to someone after getting through the 6 levels of menus to get to the option of talking to someone.   We sent her i751 in at the end of December and the check was cashed the first week of January.   The person I talked to on the phone said they have not mailed out the NOA letter yet.  They are really backed up.   She said we should get a response to our request to get it by March 6th.  I'm not sure what was meant by "response".   She then said if we had travel plans in the next few months out of the country to call and get an appointment to get a stamp.  She said the letter will eventually arrive.   She said that you can check status at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov and print your letter if it's been processed but not mailed.  That system has been down since this morning so I haven't been able to make a login to find out.   If you call the USCIS number, the one applying has to be on the phone.   They won't help you if you call for your spouse and she's not available to answer questions.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
22 hours ago, Ryan_Chialien said:

My wife's expires mid march.  I called today to the USCIS line.  I called right at 8am est when they opened and still had to wait 30 minutes or so to talk to someone after getting through the 6 levels of menus to get to the option of talking to someone.   We sent her i751 in at the end of December and the check was cashed the first week of January.   The person I talked to on the phone said they have not mailed out the NOA letter yet.  They are really backed up.   She said we should get a response to our request to get it by March 6th.  I'm not sure what was meant by "response".   She then said if we had travel plans in the next few months out of the country to call and get an appointment to get a stamp.  She said the letter will eventually arrive.   She said that you can check status at myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov and print your letter if it's been processed but not mailed.  That system has been down since this morning so I haven't been able to make a login to find out.   If you call the USCIS number, the one applying has to be on the phone.   They won't help you if you call for your spouse and she's not available to answer questions.  

Thanks a lot for the info!  I don't plan to call and deal with the waiting time before getting through. In the worst scenario I'll have my passport stamped. The only issue is I need to renew my driver's license, and likely I'll pay the renewal fee three times within two years 😒

ROC Timeline

01/02/2019: I-751 delivered to USCIS (Texas)

01/08/2019: check cashed & online status show "case received"

03/02/2019: 18-month extension letter received (LIN)

08/02/2019: biometrics letter received

08/23/2019: biometrics appointment

11/04/2019: approval letter received

11/05/2019: online status changed to "card in production"

11/07/2019: card received ✌️😊

Filed: Timeline

I applied on December 10th, and on February 10-14th I received my extension letter. Actually, I received two extension letters.

How long until the fingerprint appointment, is this mandatory, i think i've read that sometimes it doesn't need to be done.

California

NOA1 - 19/01/2016

NOA2 approved - 22/03/2016

NVC status - READY - 20/04, 2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

just to post to try out my signature 😉

ROC Timeline

01/02/2019: I-751 delivered to USCIS (Texas)

01/08/2019: check cashed & online status show "case received"

03/02/2019: 18-month extension letter received (LIN)

08/02/2019: biometrics letter received

08/23/2019: biometrics appointment

11/04/2019: approval letter received

11/05/2019: online status changed to "card in production"

11/07/2019: card received ✌️😊

Hi all,

Kinda concerned about the timeline we have just looking to see if we should do anything right now. Sent in our I-751 around Christmas, case was received & got a text with case number beginning of January. We never got anything in the mail so on February 1st we called USCIS and filed a service request for non delivery of notice, got an email about a week later on February 10th stating we would receive the notice within 10-14 business days.  It's now been 16 business days & over a month since the original service request for non delivery of notice, still nothing. Called USCIS & they said to wait until it's been 30 days since the email on the 10th of February until we re-submit a service request. 

Any thoughts on this or anything we should be doing?

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, bc192 said:

Hi all,

Kinda concerned about the timeline we have just looking to see if we should do anything right now. Sent in our I-751 around Christmas, case was received & got a text with case number beginning of January. We never got anything in the mail so on February 1st we called USCIS and filed a service request for non delivery of notice, got an email about a week later on February 10th stating we would receive the notice within 10-14 business days.  It's now been 16 business days & over a month since the original service request for non delivery of notice, still nothing. Called USCIS & they said to wait until it's been 30 days since the email on the 10th of February until we re-submit a service request. 

Any thoughts on this or anything we should be doing?

Thanks!

Just call and make an infopass appointment to get the stamp in your passport it works just was well as the letter. I never got my letter, I also filed in December the only thing I received waa my biometrics which I took I'm January. 

On 2/21/2019 at 7:06 PM, asls said:

I applied on December 10th, and on February 10-14th I received my extension letter. Actually, I received two extension letters.

How long until the fingerprint appointment, is this mandatory, i think i've read that sometimes it doesn't need to be done.

Fingerprint is mandatory. Check your letter your receive very well as one should be the biometric appointment. It should be on the bottom of the page 

On 2/10/2019 at 12:13 PM, Kiolas said:

Previously, the old USCIS web-site (when you go to uscis.gov and click on "Check Case Status") did not recognize my case number for I-751 (many people here reported the same).

However, today, on Sunday, on the 2nd day after biometrics appointment, the case status says:

Fingerprint Review Was Completed

As of February 10, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC199xxxxxxx, at our Vermont Service Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Congrats. How long did it take from the appointment to receive this notice. I did mine man 10 I believe and I have not see my status updated 

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, sasha8384 said:

Fingerprint is mandatory. Check your letter your receive very well as one should be the biometric appointment. It should be on the bottom of the page 

I have read that in some cases they are able to use fingerprints from AOS- there have been reportings of this on the forums.

Can anyone confirm? Also how long to wait from the day I received my extension letter to contact them about the fingerprint appointment and see what is going on

California

NOA1 - 19/01/2016

NOA2 approved - 22/03/2016

NVC status - READY - 20/04, 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.