Jump to content
Shoshona

Baby born after-130 gets approved

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

After my petition was approved I was email that there is a visa available for me and that I need to start on my process . My petitioner is my father who is currently a US permanent resident. I am an unmerried child but I recently had a baby with my partner and would like to add my child to my case. Me and her mother are not married. How do I add her to my case and what are required documentations? Do I need any other proofs beside having my name on her birth certificate listed as a father to add her? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you are male and you would take the baby away from the mother?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weebee said:

I second that question.. You can add the baby to your petition, sure.. But the baby needs to enter within 6 months of her medical, just like you. So you would take the baby with you and leave the mother behind?

The mother will be traveling to US too only with a different visa. So as long as me and the baby leave the country within 6 months of getting the visa we are good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shoshona said:

The mother will be traveling to US too only with a different visa. So as long as me and the baby leave the country within 6 months of getting the visa we are good? 

She would still need to give you permission acceptable to the US consulate to take the baby.

does the mother have the “different visa” yet? What visa is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sherydenise said:

If the "other visa" is a tourist visa or similar, then its possible she would be denied entry to the US, seeing as her partner and baby have immigrant visas but she doesn't.. Or does she?

She Is planning on continuing her education (has a BA from American university) and going in with an F-1 visa. From my understanding I can not marry her yet because it will change my case preference and I will have to wait longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

She would still need to give you permission acceptable to the US consulate to take the baby.

does the mother have the “different visa” yet? What visa is it?

Is there any form she needs to fill up to give her permission or do we need to go through a court and have the mother give baby's custody to me (a father) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shoshona said:

She Is planning on continuing her education (has a BA from American university) and going in with an F-1 visa. From my understanding I can not marry her yet because it will change my case preference and I will have to wait longer. 

I had a feeling you were going to say something like this. If you’re planning on marrying her in the US you need to think through things very carefully. 

- she can’t misrepresent anything when applying for her F1 or when entering the US

- it will take more than 2 years for her to get a green card after you marry her. Maybe significantly more 

- they will obviously look at her history - having the baby, applying student visa, when you got green card, when you married her, when you filed for her green card at her eventual green card interview and will see if she misrepresented anything. Could be a problem then. 

- this is even assuming she gets an F1. What will you do if she’s denied for immigrant intent ? 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F2 is an option and maybe sort the F out first.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 8:57 AM, Shoshona said:

After my petition was approved I was email that there is a visa available for me and that I need to start on my process . My petitioner is my father who is currently a US permanent resident. I am an unmerried child but I recently had a baby with my partner and would like to add my child to my case. Me and her mother are not married. How do I add her to my case and what are required documentations? Do I need any other proofs beside having my name on her birth certificate listed as a father to add her? 

You will need the birth certificate and the mother's written permission for the child to immigrate to the US with you.  You should not have any problem with your child immigrating with you.

 

Here is your problem, the US Embassy is not stupid.  They will see the F-1 student visa as a means for your partner to immigrate to the US illegally to live with you and her daughter.  After she enters the US on her F1 visa, the two of you will marry and she will apply for AOS.  This clear immigrant intent would be a reason to deny her F1 visa or deny her entry into the US.

Edited by aaron2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

You will need the birth certificate and the mother's written permission for the child to immigrate to the US with you.  You should not have any problem with your child immigrating with you.

 

Here is your problem, the US Embassy is not stupid.  They will see the F-1 student visa as a means for your partner to immigrate to the US illegally to live with you and her daughter.  After she enters the US on her F1 visa, the two of you will marry and she will apply for AOS.  This clear immigrant intent would be a reason to deny her F1 visa or deny her entry into the US.

And yes, they check these things. Back in the day, when computers weren’t as good as now even, I was called into the local consulate in regards to B visas I’d applied for for my kids (under 14, parent with existing visa, no interview required). The system picked up that I (parent) had had an i130 filed for me - kids were not named on that petition at that stage - so they just wanted a quick interview with me to ensure we weren’t going to “visit” and not return. Our family ties home at that stage were easy to demonstrate. The F1 application will be exactly the opposite. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the better option for you would be to immigrate, then marry, then apply for both mother and child so they can immigrate together. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×