M_s2

K1 Visa Port of Entry

27 posts in this topic

X-rays are not needed at POE. They have no way to review them there, and generally the disk or envelope containing them says its for personal use.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

My husband entered without it (I inadvertently brought them home with me from the interview).  No one asked.  It came in an unsealed envelope.  One with no adhesive on the flap.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, wxman22 said:

While not directly related to POE, I have experienced a number of occasions in which I was not asked for a particular document, only because they knew I had it. 

What is the logic of bringing less than everything?  Becuase of a one in a 1000 chance? When I can reduce the odds to zero?

There's the rub.  It is not one in a thousand,  one in a million,  or even one in a quintillion.  I don't understand what part of it is NOT required people don't understand. 

YMMV

"

AnnaYT     15

AnnaYT

In the official checklist from the german embassy it says that x-rays taken during the medical exam do not need to be taken to the interview, but you should have them on you when you enter the U.S.,"

So,  if you are from wherever,  don't take them,  if from Germany,  I'd take them.

It's not rocket science,  they are telling you what you should do. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, wxman22 said:

"

AnnaYT     15

AnnaYT

In the official checklist from the german embassy it says that x-rays taken during the medical exam do not need to be taken to the interview, but you should have them on you when you enter the U.S.,"

So,  if you are from wherever,  don't take them,  if from Germany,  I'd take them.

It's not rocket science,  they are telling you what you should do. 

Why do people insist on perpetuating myths.  If I take your logic that a consulate website is gospel, then to all my fellow vj petitioners.  The consulate in South Africa's website says the filing fee for the I-129f is $340.  We have all been overcharged by the USCIS.  We are due and therefore should unite and demand refunds.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 11/12/2018 at 5:23 PM, AnnaYT said:

I think that's it. The visa (which is gonna be the package) and the xrays and I would say any additional things that you receive from the embassy, the medical appointment or anything visa related. I know for me that I will take my whole folder that I've made with all the documents for the k1 in case they need to know or see anything. 

When you say documents for the K1 do you mean like my original birth certificate, police certificate, chat logs, photos etc...(ones that weren't sealed in the packet from the consulate?) Thank you x

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
17 hours ago, geowrian said:

X-rays are not needed at POE. They have no way to review them there, and generally the disk or envelope containing them says its for personal use.

Quite strange maybe it's just based on which country you've come from. The practitioner who did my medical visa kept reminding me to make sure I have it with me hand carried at POE and reminded me over and over to not put it in check in 😕 Kinda sucks because mines in a big ### envelope Y.Y

I'm bringing my 5th grade class schedule just in case they need it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
5 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I'm bringing my 5th grade class schedule just in case they need it.

pfft, I'm bringing my Kindergarten finger paintings; I got a "star" sticker:jest:

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Timeline
2 hours ago, TM92 said:

pfft, I'm bringing my Kindergarten finger paintings; I got a "star" sticker:jest:

I give up

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

"When your examination is completed, the doctor will send the results to the consulate.

Any x-rays taken will be given to you. You DO NOT need to bring the x-rays to your visa interview. However, you must carry the x-rays with you when you travel to the United States for the first time. The medical report must be less than six months old when you enter the United States as an immigrant."

As read on https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/FRN - Frankfurt.pdf

I'm not telling anyone what they are or are not supposed to do. This is just what I've read.

Timeline
4 hours ago, AnnaYT said:

"When your examination is completed, the doctor will send the results to the consulate.

Any x-rays taken will be given to you. You DO NOT need to bring the x-rays to your visa interview. However, you must carry the x-rays with you when you travel to the United States for the first time. The medical report must be less than six months old when you enter the United States as an immigrant."

As read on https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/FRN - Frankfurt.pdf

I'm not telling anyone what they are or are not supposed to do. This is just what I've read.

When a consulates information is not within there jurisdiction, that information needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  The consulate (Department of State)  does NOT determine procedures and requirements for the POE (Department of Homeland Security), just like the consulate does NOT set the USCIS (Department of Homeland Security) petition filing fee.  An example of what I have read on a consulate's website that is absolutely incorrect

https://za.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/

Applying for a fiancé(e) visa takes place in two steps lasting several months. The first step is for the U.S. citizen – the petitioner – to file an I-129F fiancé(e) visa petition in the United States. I-129F visa petitions can be approved only by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States. The fee for filing an I-129F visa petition is USD $340.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.