Jump to content
titennis

K1 medical and then medical for green card

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, 

 

My fiancé is about to go get her medical done for the K1 visa on Tuesday. The question we have is can the medical she gets done be used for the green card application process? How long is the medical valid for? We've been getting conflicting info on it. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NM...Misread the question.

Edited by missileman

"Experience can be a tough teacher to those who fail to heed good advice"- Missileman, 12/6/18

 

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe its 6 months.


5/7/2018 K1       Application mailed

5/9/2018             Application rec'd and signed for (sent via fedex)

5/14/2018          NOA1 Email notification

5/18/2018          NOA1 Paper copy rec'd (i797C)

11/5/2018          NOA2 ❤️ no RFE's

11/19/2018        NVC Received file

12/13/2018        Consulate received/ ready to schedule interview

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titennis said:

Hello everyone, 

 

My fiancé is about to go get her medical done for the K1 visa on Tuesday. The question we have is can the medical she gets done be used for the green card application process? How long is the medical valid for? We've been getting conflicting info on it. Thank you

No. For AOS you need to get a new one. There will be a list on the USCIS website where she can get one done. My wife got her medical done 2 weeks before our Interview 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Yan_Inna said:

No. For AOS you need to get a new one. There will be a list on the USCIS website where she can get one done. My wife got her medical done 2 weeks before our Interview 

I see, even if it's not expired, we have to get a new one done. That sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titennis said:

Hello everyone, 

 

My fiancé is about to go get her medical done for the K1 visa on Tuesday. The question we have is can the medical she gets done be used for the green card application process? How long is the medical valid for? We've been getting conflicting info on it. Thank you

If you file AOS within 1 year of your medical, you should be good with that medical, but sometimes they can request another medical. You can look at i-693 instructions:

"What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

 

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

If you file AOS within 1 year of your medical, you should be good with that medical, but sometimes they can request another medical. You can look at i-693 instructions:

"What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

 

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then: (1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and (a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or (b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver."

Thank you, that's exactly what we were looking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had the medical done in April 2017, filed for AOS June 2017, had GC interview August 2018 and did not have to get another medical. Just make sure she gets all required immunizations AT the medical and it is documented on the medical form. Good luck!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×