bigapple2014

I-130 November 2018 filers

343 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Gigi5280 said:

Our lawyer told us we could not schedule the medical appt until we had received an interview date, but this is the third or fourth example I’ve seen recently where medical is scheduled before the interview is assigned, so now I’m worried we’ve wasted the time since we were documentarily qualified. Does anyone know if we are delaying our interview by not booking medical yet? 

PS, congrats KayMFrench! 

Yeah, basically I made the medical exam appointment, the hospital asked when my interview date is. If haven't received yet, then they won't make a date for me.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 9/20/2019 at 3:53 PM, cicco said:

@clacenagiacu7579  We only applied for i130. I saw the i129 was another $500 fee or something. We've been waiting for 10 months now and if we would have thought about it sooner (like in month 3 or 4) then we probably would have applied for the i129, but it's late in the process now so we just decided to wait. What about you?

No, didn't get it

@cicco if you already filed i130 and you want to file i129f you do not have to pay extra. It has not cost because you already filed i130. I haven’t filed i129f 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 9/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, Gigi5280 said:

Our lawyer told us we could not schedule the medical appt until we had received an interview date, but this is the third or fourth example I’ve seen recently where medical is scheduled before the interview is assigned, so now I’m worried we’ve wasted the time since we were documentarily qualified. Does anyone know if we are delaying our interview by not booking medical yet? 

PS, congrats KayMFrench! 

It could be different for you than it is for me due to mine being expedited, but I truly do not know. We were told our medical had to be booked prior to making an appointment to ensure that the documents from the medical reach the embassy in time so we were not delayed.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My husband had his medical completed today. His visa interview is the 1st of November. I am so excited but the nerves are starting to set in. I hope everyone else's process is moving along. Good luck to all! 

• 3 weeks later...

Our Pd is nov 5, 2018. Oct 23 we got a letter requesting more evidence. My husband is from Italy and he is divorced. We sent USCIS his Marriage dissolution agreement because his divorce was consensual. Now USCI is asking for a divorce decree. Info is that just Judicial Divorce gets a divorce decree. Consensual Divorce gets a marriage agreement dissolution. USCIS is asking for a divorce decree and we can not get it!!!!! Does anybody in this group had this problem. Thanks for your help in advance. 

@cicco

hi. You are from Italy right? Just wanted to ask you if you know how to get a Divlrce Decree. USCIS is asking us for it. We already sent them Marriage Dissolution Agreement because my husbands divorce was consensual not judicial. Thanks for taking your time to read this. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 11/11/2019 at 3:45 PM, clacenagiacu7579 said:

@cicco

hi. You are from Italy right? Just wanted to ask you if you know how to get a Divlrce Decree. USCIS is asking us for it. We already sent them Marriage Dissolution Agreement because my husbands divorce was consensual not judicial. Thanks for taking your time to read this. 

Hey! Yes, my husband is from Italy but he doesn't know anything about the divorce decree. My advice is to reach out to the U.S. Consulate in Rome (or the U.S. Consulate closest to him), explain to them what USCIS is asking about, and ask them what to do. There is probably some sort of other paper issued in Italy that he can give USCIS. Best of luck!! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

PD - 11/16/2018

NOA1 - 11/21/2018

NOA2 11/7/2018

Nebraska SC.

I received no electronic notification, received the paper NOA2 on 11/13/2019

Website status was updated on 11/15/2019.

Our tax dollars at work and they still can't send electronic notifications.

Just glad to finally receive our NOA2.

10 hours ago, Rich_C said:

PD - 11/16/2018

NOA1 - 11/21/2018

NOA2 11/7/2018

Nebraska SC.

I received no electronic notification, received the paper NOA2 on 11/13/2019

Website status was updated on 11/15/2019.

Our tax dollars at work and they still can't send electronic notifications.

Just glad to finally receive our NOA2.

So is it so that first we will get paper first and than website will be updated?? I was just looking on website every day. I should look at the mail box rather. Right??

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

my husband had his interview today at the Montreal consulate and was approved! they only asked four basic questions. I hope you all have similar outcomes soon - especially everyone at Nebraska. I can't believe how long they are making you wait :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.