JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Honestly? I think USCIS saw our K1 struggle and diverted resources and now that we're on this end, those resources that were once used post AOS application are used for them. 

PS you need to edit your screen name. Its possibly bad karma lol. Jk

How about "OkayyyyyyEnoughWaiting"?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all, new to this thread. We are K1/K2, married Sept 22 2018. Our applications for AOS & Employment Receipt date was November 1, 2018. Fingerprinted was done shortly after application receipt. Are AOS & Employment processed simultaneously? "Ready to Schedule Interview" is April 1, 2019 - nothing posted since. 167 days now. Any advice/thoughts?

Still waiting for my interview letter, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow. I kinda thought it would have been today........

🤷‍♀️

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

29 minutes ago, roadracer said:

Hi all, new to this thread. We are K1/K2, married Sept 22 2018. Our applications for AOS & Employment Receipt date was November 1, 2018. Fingerprinted was done shortly after application receipt. Are AOS & Employment processed simultaneously? "Ready to Schedule Interview" is April 1, 2019 - nothing posted since. 167 days now. Any advice/thoughts?

They are not processed simultaneously. AOS time depends on your local field office. 

50 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Honestly? I think USCIS saw our K1 struggle and diverted resources and now that we're on this end, those resources that were once used post AOS application are used for them. 

PS you need to edit your screen name. Its possibly bad karma lol. Jk

49 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

How about "OkayyyyyyEnoughWaiting"?

LOL :P You won't believe it, but I thought about it a few weeks ago: "What if with this name, I set up certain fate?" 

Could be "USCISlovesme...not" 😅 

And on the logical side of my mind, I do think what you just stated about diverting resources. Unfortunately, my emotional side is the one that leads lately.

We were unlucky regarding timing and this process is such a gamble. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
51 minutes ago, roadracer said:

As Derlon mentioned, AOS depends on local field office and varies widely across the country. Unfortunately, 167 days is not atypical right now. Processing times are 5-7 months. 

48 minutes ago, roadracer said:

Don't worry, be happy. 😊

This wait can become unbearable, especially when you acknowledge the luck of others not waiting as long. 

You could expedite if you have a job offer/ travel emergency or send an inquiry when you're outside normal processing times. Besides that, I can't think of anything else that can possibly accelerate things. 

I guess you could call and nag them, but I'm unsure about that being an effective solution. 

18 minutes ago, Fleatbacon said:

My EAD/AP was mailed today. Card was ordered for production on 4/11. 

Wooo congratulations ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I still don't have my NOA2 for EAD. My AP NOA2 came on Monday but USCIS confirmed they were both sent on 04/12. So maybe it's got stuck or running a little behind LOL!! :P 

Edited by jakejon

2 hours ago, RambaCat said:

Still waiting for my interview letter, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow. I kinda thought it would have been today........

🤷‍♀️

I received the email April 5th.

Interview letter finally came April 15th.

I was getting anxious thinking it would never come and they had made a mistake 😅

7 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I still don't have my NOA2 for EAD. My AP NOA2 came on Monday but USCIS confirmed they were both sent on 04/12. So maybe it's got stuck or running a little behind LOL!! :P 

Hope the EAD NOA2 comes quickly!!!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.