BJ & Christine

November 2018 I-129 Filers

1,040 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Iman S said:

Thanks so much for your reply!

Unfortunately my phone doesn't have the date stamps on the actual photo, so I don't know how I'm going to provide them with that, but I will definitely go and print them and put more detail. 

Question; did you put the information on the back of the printed photo?

Thanks again!

Did you print the photos out yourself or have them done at a photo place? Remember a RFE is not a bad thing so you at least know 100% they are working your case. This is an easy fix relax send them what they ask for and you will be approved.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 minutes ago, Iman S said:

Unfortunately my phone doesn't have the date stamps on the actual photo, so I don't know how I'm going to provide them with that, but I will definitely go and print them and put more detail. 

Thanks again!

@Sarge2155 His advice is also good.

Suggestion:

Have them professionally printed at a local pharmacy or whatever.  Then, in a 8.5" x 11" tape two to a page.  I typed all of the information on mine.  So, it looked like two pictures per piece of paper with their information as titles.  Don't use too much tape.  I only used a single piece to the back of the photo to hold in place.  That worked for me!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

@Sarge2155 His advice is also good.

Suggestion:

Have them professionally printed at a local pharmacy or whatever.  Then, in a 8.5" x 11" tape two to a page.  I typed all of the information on mine.  So, it looked like two pictures per piece of paper with their information as titles.  Don't use too much tape.  I only used a single piece to the back of the photo to hold in place.  That worked for me!

Thank you!!

59 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

USCIS works in strange ways yes write the information on each picture on the back of the picture! Not quite the same thing on the front maybe you covered some portion of the picture with your writing, not real sure just write it on the back. Are these photo quality pictures or did you print them from your phone to paper? Maybe downloading them to a jump drive and having them professionally done at say any photo place might give them what they need. Yes I put my information on the back of the photos in addition to the date stamp on the front.

Thanks!

On 3/31/2019 at 8:12 AM, Mini said:

Hi, we sent pictures from 2016-2018 but the date and place were written computerized (they asked for handwritten), Fiance’s itinerary/eticket to visit me (maybe not enough). 

Anyway, im not that too nervous because we can provide all the request. Planning to send not just limited to those items on the list requested. I maybe would include all the things i have such as conversation (chats/text), emails from 2015 up to present etc. 

Good luck to all of us!

We got something similar for our rfe. But it did not specify to send picture handwritten. We printed them in a color printer and underneath we wrote date and place and adițional people if were any. Now I wonder if we should sent them printed like normal pictures and write behind each picture instead. You never know with USCIS how is the correct way. In the first package we sent pictures without dates or places. 

Edited by Victoria85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Iman S said:

Thanks again!

i screen shot posts on facebook and Instagram. Got date and time on the post, may not be the exact date you took the picture, but better than nothing in my opinion

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Raizee said:

Is here any one else left who did not hear from USCIS anything yet RFE or NOA2... or only I left :(  - - 138 days now sighhhhhhhh

Me me me! and you at least know how far you have go. my lawyer is not willing to let me know when my file was submitted. so i dont even know when my NOA1 was received ;) 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

42 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

Me me me! and you at least know how far you have go. my lawyer is not willing to let me know when my file was submitted. so i dont even know when my NOA1 was received ;) 

Why would your lawyer not tell you this critical information? Do you even know your receipt number? Your lawyer is supposed to be working for YOU? I would be standing on his or her desk and DEMANDING this information and withholding payment. Wow another reason NOT to hire a lawyer. I hope you do the next steps on your own. I see your profile is not filled out is it because you don't know the information because your lawyer is withholding it?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, W.Rominger said:

We used a lawyer as well, but USCIS sent one copy of NOA1 letter to my fiance address and one to attorney, i am not sure you are fiance or beneficiary they must have sent one copy to you guys for NOA1, unless your lawyer skip to add your address. there is a field in form where you have to add the address. 

To be honest these lawyers are not very helpful, our lawyer is telling us that we should expect a repose in July ... grrrr, he don't know people from December start getting approvals. :cry:

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Why would your lawyer not tell you this critical information? Do you even know your receipt number? Your lawyer is supposed to be working for YOU? I would be standing on his or her desk and DEMANDING this information and withholding payment. Wow another reason NOT to hire a lawyer. I hope you do the next steps on your own. I see your profile is not filled out is it because you don't know the information because your lawyer is withholding it?

Correct and agreed. the lawyer is hired by my fiance (petitioner). before i know it he paid for everything already. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey guys,

Some of you replied to my concerns about the proof photos to resubmit for my RFE. Thank you so much!

But I also have another question;

They mentioned affidavits of friends or family. In my original K1 packet I included witness statements, but they were not notarized or sworn statements. My question is; do they have to be notarized? Or can they just be sworn statements? The RFE doesn't mention anything about them being notarized, but isn't that what an Affidavit is? I'm confused.

Thanks so much!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Raizee said:

We used a lawyer as well, but USCIS sent one copy of NOA1 letter to my fiance address and one to attorney, i am not sure you are fiance or beneficiary they must have sent one copy to you guys for NOA1, unless your lawyer skip to add your address. there is a field in form where you have to add the address. 

To be honest these lawyers are not very helpful, our lawyer is telling us that we should expect a repose in July ... grrrr, he don't know people from December start getting approvals. :cry:

I am so going to speak to the lawyer myself now since you mention about a copy of NOA1 letter...

Our lawyer is recommended by a friend. Maybe she was helpful with their case :( 

7 minutes ago, Iman S said:

Hey guys,

Some of you replied to my concerns about the proof photos to resubmit for my RFE. Thank you so much!

But I also have another question;

They mentioned affidavits of friends or family. In my original K1 packet I included witness statements, but they were not notarized or sworn statements. My question is; do they have to be notarized? Or can they just be sworn statements? The RFE doesn't mention anything about them being notarized, but isn't that what an Affidavit is? I'm confused.

Thanks so much!

We affidavit from a friend with his letter to USCIS confirming our relations is real and he signed that letter and we attached his passport copy and few pictures with us as well on the second page of the same letter. 

1 minute ago, W.Rominger said:

I am so going to speak to the lawyer myself now since you mention about a copy of NOA1 letter...

Our lawyer is recommended by a friend. Maybe she was helpful with their case :( 

Yes please you should must have it, its your right. no idea why he is hiding this all information, did he confirmed he sent you petition? or just making a drama  - please go ahead and ask for it ASAP.. we asked our lawyer for a copy of his letter and he emailed us. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Raizee said:

Yes please you should must have it, its your right. no idea why he is hiding this all information, did he confirmed he sent you petition? or just making a drama  - please go ahead and ask for it ASAP.. we asked our lawyer for a copy of his letter and he emailed us. 

I did had my fiance ask for a copy back in January. but i dont think he knows what i was asking for... he knows literally nothing about the process. that is why he hired the lawyer.

i will do it myself from now on... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.