1,969 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Thegirl said:

You get a stamp on your passport that's valid for 12 months from the date of the stamp. You do not get another letter. 

The stamp is valid for 12 months, not 90 days. 

The stamp depends of the officer's appreciation and depends of each case/applicant.  In my case, as I didn't receive the extension for long time, first they stamp my passport for only 90 days, then another 12 months.  But almost at same time I received the extension letter for 18 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 minutes ago, JackieCastillo said:

The stamp depends of the officer's appreciation and depends of each case/applicant.  In my case, as I didn't receive the extension for long time, first they stamp my passport for only 90 days, then another 12 months.  But almost at same time I received the extension letter for 18 months.

Thanks for the clarification. I've never heard of the stamp being for shorter. I got my fist stamp when I just sent my ROC. I had needed to travel but the  extension letter had not arrived. They gave me a 12 month stamp. The letter came the following week. I got another stamp when my letter Expired, for another 12 months. All of the USCIS documents I've found have said 12 months. So it's interesting you only got 90 days. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

1 hour ago, Thegirl said:

Thanks for the clarification. I've never heard of the stamp being for shorter. I got my fist stamp when I just sent my ROC. I had needed to travel but the  extension letter had not arrived. They gave me a 12 month stamp. The letter came the following week. I got another stamp when my letter Expired, for another 12 months. All of the USCIS documents I've found have said 12 months. So it's interesting you only got 90 days. 

Yes, that was my case.  Same as you, I was about to travel, so I needed permission.  The officer that stamped my passport first time for 90 days said that he didn't want to stamp for longer time as that moment I didnt have my biometrics done, but I know some people same as me no biometrics get the stamp for 12 months.  USCIS officers act in different manners in front of same cases, same circumstances, nothing is absolute or standard with this people, we are just in their hand and subjected to what they decide in the moment.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:18 AM, LETSGOROCKETS said:

HEY GUYS 

GOT AN UPDATE TODAY AFTER OMBUDSMAN INQUIRY. NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCE. THEN STATUS CHANGED TO CASE WAS APPROVED!

DIVORCE WAIVER, TEXAS , NOV 2018 FILER. 

THANK YOU JESUS! SEE YOU IN THE N400 SECTION!!

Congratulations!

What’s the first letters on your receipt number?

And can you share what was the reason your case got stranded? Did your ex reach out to USCIS and cause trouble etc.?

What & how much evidences did you submit?

8 hours ago, MMarco said:

i got 90 days before my 18 moths extension too,

now my both N400 & I571 in NBC did any one knows how can I merge both in one case?

If they moved both cases to the same office, almost sure is because they will adjudicate both cases together.  Some Immigration lawyers recommend us to add a letter in the N400 petition, asking that they decide both petitions at same time.  I am in the same: I sent my I751 Nov-2018, biometrics on Oct-2019, nothing happened after that.  Then on Jan-15-2020 applied N400,  so on Jan-29th they transferred the I751 from Texas to NBC.  I sent inquiry as case out of time, they answered delay is due to covid19, as I have not received RFE, interview notice, nothing for my I751, I guess they will decide both at same time, after this answer, I called and they confirmed me that my I751 is at the local office...  I was scheduled for N400 on Apr-13th, it was cancelled, so just waiting.  My though is you are in the same circumstances, we just need to wait office reopen.

Hi Guys, I just received answer from Ombudsman.  I agree partially, It's ok that purpose is adjudicate both cases (N400+I751) at same time.  But they say my cases are in normal processing time, that's no true: my N400 is ok, but my I751 is more than 18 months at Texas, so yes, it's out of time.

Nevermind, in summary: they said all is ok and that an interview will be done before both cases are adjudicated.  Let's continue waiting the never-end story!!

Thank you for contacting the Ombudsman’s Office. We have reviewed your request for case assistance.

While we understand your concerns, our review indicates that both your Form N-400 and I-751 are within normal processing times as posted on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. Because you have these two applications pending at the same time, USCIS will likely adjudicate them both together. Your Form I-751 was transferred to the NBC because that is the first step the agency takes before sending the case to your local field office. The operator at the USCIS Contact Center mentioned that the COVID-19 crisis has caused delays because it has caused USCIS field offices to close to the public. Before decisions can be made on your applications, you must be interviewed. Interviews will resume once USCIS offices reopen to the public. Applications are interviewed and adjudicated in the order they are received. See USCIS’ website for more information about office closures and processing times. Because your cases are currently within normal processing times, our office will be closing this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent follower of VJ for years, I think its time to come break my wonderful news and give useful tips on how I was able to scale through the crazy process with the Grace of God.

Total processing time for my case  : 18 months and 20 days exactly Texas SRC Filer .

I was sent RFE in February 2020 ,  same week we moved from our residence of 3 years ,I know  it might take forever to finally get it in new updated mail , so I  updated my new address online  and  get on the phone with USCIS Agents , the first immigration that called me was not friendly , he insisted I wait till I receive it in the mail. That might take forever.  I never gave up. I got on the phone again few days after , fortunately , a friendly officer called and emailed me the RFE immediately while we were having conversation .

My marriage was having issues since a year now , me and Hubby living separately since February 2020 when our lease ended , My U.S Citizen Spouse insisted she is not including me in her new lease .But I know it will be resolved. We love each other , So you guys should note I did not submit a new lease with my RFE,  But we have enough evidence and we were very  cordial with each other and I still use  her home address for all my correspondence . You can see list of what I submitted in the cover letter sample we both wrote to USCIS and signed below. Posted below . 

Few days ago, I called to inquire about why my case was taking longer than necessary and why was it sent to local field office. 2 officers told me at different times  that it is a must that we will be invited for interview once the office is open again after covid-19. I kept praying and believing God will work miracles and as  a Muslim , Its Ramadan season and I was crying to God everyday to intervene. As I know our interview may not go well , we are not living together for now.

Note : If you get an RFE , its your last shot to demonstrate you are in a real marriage, so do your best to put together what will get them convinced to approve your case . Check my cover letter below to se lists of evidences I submitted WITHOUT CURRENT JOINT LEASE.

SRC FILER TEXAS

10/22/2018- Filed jointly and sent  I-751 Removal Of Condition Application  

11/01/2018- Notice of Acceptance Received

11/6/2018- Finger print will be reused notice received

10/29/2019-Finger Print Appointment Letter received

02/05/2020- Request For Additional Evidence sent to me from USCIS

03/01/2020-My RFE response was sent to USCIS

03/05/2020- My Case Status Changed to -RFE received

04/16/2020- Case updated to (My case have been received at my local Office)- Updated  only on this site-https://my.uscis.gov/

5/21/2020- Case status changed to We ordered your new card

05/22/2020- Case status and updated to “ Case Approved”

No Citizenship (N-400) application filed yet.

USCIS I-751 JOINT FILING COVER LETTER SAMPLE

March 2nd, 2020

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Texas Service Center

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

RE: I-751 RFE FOR JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

FOR JOHN DOE #SRCXXXXXXXXX

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

Jane Doe [DOB:  SSN:xxx-xx-xxxx]

Conditional Resident Spouse:

John Doe [DOB:  SSN:xxx-xx-xxx

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please find appended additional materials to support removal of conditions on residence for my husband, Jane Doe. USCIS granted him conditional permanent residence on January  2017. We jointly submitted his petition for removal of condition in October Of 2018.

In October 2018, several materials which showed a merging of our personal and financial lives before and after our marriage on November 2015 were submitted along with the form I-751 applications.

2018 MATERIALS SUBMITTED ARE REFRENCED BELOW

·          Copy Of marriage certificate. Attached Here.

·         Copy of Husband’s Green card. Attached here.

·         Copy of our previous apartment’s rental agreement with joint occupancy from November 2016 to 2018. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of the joint filed IRS tax transcripts returns for 2016 and 2017. Attached here again for reference.

·         Copies of statement from our joint checking accounts from the time the account was opened to October 2018 from  Credit Union.

·         Copies of United health insurance cards coverage from wife’s job covering all family members. Attached here again for reference.

·         Copy of Life  life insurance policies showing we are both 100% beneficiary on each other’s life insurance policy. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of Geico cars joint insurance account. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of joint furniture purchase ownership certificates and payment receipts. Attached here for reference.

·         Two original notarized copies affidavits attesting to the bona fide nature of our relationship and marriage. previously submitted by U.S citizen friends. (Here attached again for reference)

·         Copies of Several airlines’ tickets showing our travel history to Washington DC and Atlanta between 2014 and 2018. Attached here for reference.

• Copies of details of our first wedding anniversary celebrations on  November 2016; guests, cards received from family and friends, event bills and several pictures showing our bona fine relationship and marriage.

The request for more evidence materials provided, which show a merging of our personal and financial lives since after October 2018 when we submitted his I-751 joint petition , removal of condition is organized in tab dividers for your convenience. For ease of review, pertinent information is highlighted in yellow.

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition and for what we hope is your favorable response at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe & John Doe

Address: 

Address: .

Phone

E-mail: Jane Doe   aoj@gmail.com

: John Doe –  aob@gmail.com

Table of Contents

Exhibit 1:

·         copy of USCIS front and back (Permanent Resident Card).

Exhibit 2:

·         Marriage certificate between showing marriage on Nov , 2015.

Exhibit 3:

·         Copies of  temporary driver license applied after to reflect new address &  current driver’s license showing joint residence at “Our Address”.

Exhibit 4:

• 2016, 2017, 2018 tax returns transcripts and 1040 proof of joint tax filing for 2019 tax returns from the IRS and copy of 2017 refund check from the IRS addressed to both of us in our joint residence.

Exhibit 5:

• Copies of ABC monthly bank statements of our joint checking accounts #xxxxxxxxxxxx since inception of the accounts on 03/30/2019 till 01/31/2020, showing various financial co-mingling such as deposits, car loan payments, credit card payments, At&t bills,  life insurance payments, grocery shopping , movie theater tickets etc.
  • Copy of Cashapp transactions between myself and my husband from October 2, 2018 when the account was opened to date. Showing financial transactions between us.

Exhibit 6:

·         Copies of ABC bank Visa credit card statement account number xxxxxxxxxx with Spouse  as authorized user since the inception of the account on February 2018 till date, showing various financial co-mingling such as shopping, hotel bills, subscriptions etc.

Exhibit 7:

• Copy of resident charges/payments ledger, listing us as joint tenants at “Our former address”, beginning November 23, 2016 and copies of lease renewals for the same address for subsequent terms until February 1, 2020 move out date.
  • Copy of final account in both of our name from The  showing our refund from rent deposit after moving out.
  • Copy of The  Residential Parking Permit Application form completed and signed by both of us.

Exhibit 8:

·         Copy of American  Insurance Company of Florida home rentals insurance transferred to our new address in both of our names and copy of documents showing claim information we submitted and processed for the water damage that occurred in our apartment on December 21, 2019.

Exhibit 9:

• Copy of “Current” Health Insurance cards with member ID: #xxxxxxxxxxx, showing both of us, both covered under the same ongoing health insurance plan from my husband’s job .
  • Copies of health insurance claim in both of our names from our health care provider showing our recent Doctor’s visit.
  • Copies of Health Savings ATM cards in both of our name from Health Insurance Provider.
  • Copy of my husband’s employer’s dependent verification application adding me to his health insurance policy as his spouse
  • Copy of former 2015-2018 health insurance card provided by wife’s former employer including all family members.

Exhibit 10:

·         Copy of  Life insurance policies in both of our names from Life Insurance stating both of us as each other’s 100% beneficiary.

·         Copies of most recent life Insurance policy monthly premium transaction history in both of our names showing the life insurance policies are up to date.

·         Copy of my husband’s employer  life insurance policy provided for employees and listed me as the beneficiary 100%.

Exhibit 11:

• Copies of Our Car Insurance Company yearly account statements beginning November 21, 2016 until May 10, 2020 listing us as jointly covered under car insurance policy number XXXXXXXXXXX for our cars at.”

Exhibit 12:

·         Copies of T-Mobile Account Number :xxxxxxxxxxx showing one-year telephone bills showing both of our names and our telephone numbers and payment transactions from January 2019-December 2019.

Exhibit 13:

·         Copies of Costco membership cards in both of our names, showing my husband added to the membership since 01/2017 and still current and valid and copy of 2020 Costco membership renewal receipt.

Exhibit 14:

·         Copy of email receipts and cookies order transaction confirmation for wife’s birthday on the XX-XX-XXXX.

·         Copies of various receipts of gas, parking, hotel lodging bills during various road trips to , wife’s hometown.

Exhibit 15:

·         Copies of joint furniture purchase ownership certificates and payment receipts in both of our names   from  furniture previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018.

·         Copies of Several airlines’ tickets showing our travel history to Washington DC and Atlanta between 2014 and 2018. previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018.

·         Two notarized copies affidavits attesting to the bona fide nature of our relationship and marriage by U.S citizen friends. previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018

Exhibit16:

·         Copy of photo album showing us together with family and friends gathering throughout the years till date.

I 751 Approval 2020.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/23/2020 at 8:19 AM, Texan Man said:

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent follower of VJ for years, I think its time to come break my wonderful news and give useful tips on how I was able to scale through the crazy process with the Grace of God.

Total processing time for my case  : 18 months and 20 days exactly Texas SRC Filer .

I was sent RFE in February 2020 ,  same week we moved from our residence of 3 years ,I know  it might take forever to finally get it in new updated mail , so I  updated my new address online  and  get on the phone with USCIS Agents , the first immigration that called me was not friendly , he insisted I wait till I receive it in the mail. That might take forever.  I never gave up. I got on the phone again few days after , fortunately , a friendly officer called and emailed me the RFE immediately while we were having conversation .

My marriage was having issues since a year now , me and Hubby living separately since February 2020 when our lease ended , My U.S Citizen Spouse insisted she is not including me in her new lease .But I know it will be resolved. We love each other , So you guys should note I did not submit a new lease with my RFE,  But we have enough evidence and we were very  cordial with each other and I still use  her home address for all my correspondence . You can see list of what I submitted in the cover letter sample we both wrote to USCIS and signed below. Posted below . 

Few days ago, I called to inquire about why my case was taking longer than necessary and why was it sent to local field office. 2 officers told me at different times  that it is a must that we will be invited for interview once the office is open again after covid-19. I kept praying and believing God will work miracles and as  a Muslim , Its Ramadan season and I was crying to God everyday to intervene. As I know our interview may not go well , we are not living together for now.

Note : If you get an RFE , its your last shot to demonstrate you are in a real marriage, so do your best to put together what will get them convinced to approve your case . Check my cover letter below to se lists of evidences I submitted WITHOUT CURRENT JOINT LEASE.

SRC FILER TEXAS

10/22/2018- Filed jointly and sent  I-751 Removal Of Condition Application  

11/01/2018- Notice of Acceptance Received

11/6/2018- Finger print will be reused notice received

10/29/2019-Finger Print Appointment Letter received

02/05/2020- Request For Additional Evidence sent to me from USCIS

03/01/2020-My RFE response was sent to USCIS

03/05/2020- My Case Status Changed to -RFE received

04/16/2020- Case updated to (My case have been received at my local Office)- Updated  only on this site-https://my.uscis.gov/

5/21/2020- Case status changed to We ordered your new card

05/22/2020- Case status and updated to “ Case Approved”

No Citizenship (N-400) application filed yet.

USCIS I-751 JOINT FILING COVER LETTER SAMPLE

March 2nd, 2020

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Texas Service Center

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

RE: I-751 RFE FOR JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

FOR JOHN DOE #SRCXXXXXXXXX

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

Jane Doe [DOB:  SSN:xxx-xx-xxxx]

Conditional Resident Spouse:

John Doe [DOB:  SSN:xxx-xx-xxx

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please find appended additional materials to support removal of conditions on residence for my husband, Jane Doe. USCIS granted him conditional permanent residence on January  2017. We jointly submitted his petition for removal of condition in October Of 2018.

In October 2018, several materials which showed a merging of our personal and financial lives before and after our marriage on November 2015 were submitted along with the form I-751 applications.

2018 MATERIALS SUBMITTED ARE REFRENCED BELOW

·          Copy Of marriage certificate. Attached Here.

·         Copy of Husband’s Green card. Attached here.

·         Copy of our previous apartment’s rental agreement with joint occupancy from November 2016 to 2018. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of the joint filed IRS tax transcripts returns for 2016 and 2017. Attached here again for reference.

·         Copies of statement from our joint checking accounts from the time the account was opened to October 2018 from  Credit Union.

·         Copies of United health insurance cards coverage from wife’s job covering all family members. Attached here again for reference.

·         Copy of Life  life insurance policies showing we are both 100% beneficiary on each other’s life insurance policy. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of Geico cars joint insurance account. Attached here for reference.

·         Copies of joint furniture purchase ownership certificates and payment receipts. Attached here for reference.

·         Two original notarized copies affidavits attesting to the bona fide nature of our relationship and marriage. previously submitted by U.S citizen friends. (Here attached again for reference)

·         Copies of Several airlines’ tickets showing our travel history to Washington DC and Atlanta between 2014 and 2018. Attached here for reference.

• Copies of details of our first wedding anniversary celebrations on  November 2016; guests, cards received from family and friends, event bills and several pictures showing our bona fine relationship and marriage.

The request for more evidence materials provided, which show a merging of our personal and financial lives since after October 2018 when we submitted his I-751 joint petition , removal of condition is organized in tab dividers for your convenience. For ease of review, pertinent information is highlighted in yellow.

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition and for what we hope is your favorable response at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe & John Doe

Address: 

Address: .

Phone

E-mail: Jane Doe   aoj@gmail.com

: John Doe –  aob@gmail.com

Table of Contents

Exhibit 1:

·         copy of USCIS front and back (Permanent Resident Card).

Exhibit 2:

·         Marriage certificate between showing marriage on Nov , 2015.

Exhibit 3:

·         Copies of  temporary driver license applied after to reflect new address &  current driver’s license showing joint residence at “Our Address”.

Exhibit 4:

• 2016, 2017, 2018 tax returns transcripts and 1040 proof of joint tax filing for 2019 tax returns from the IRS and copy of 2017 refund check from the IRS addressed to both of us in our joint residence.

Exhibit 5:

• Copies of ABC monthly bank statements of our joint checking accounts #xxxxxxxxxxxx since inception of the accounts on 03/30/2019 till 01/31/2020, showing various financial co-mingling such as deposits, car loan payments, credit card payments, At&t bills,  life insurance payments, grocery shopping , movie theater tickets etc.
  • Copy of Cashapp transactions between myself and my husband from October 2, 2018 when the account was opened to date. Showing financial transactions between us.

Exhibit 6:

·         Copies of ABC bank Visa credit card statement account number xxxxxxxxxx with Spouse  as authorized user since the inception of the account on February 2018 till date, showing various financial co-mingling such as shopping, hotel bills, subscriptions etc.

Exhibit 7:

• Copy of resident charges/payments ledger, listing us as joint tenants at “Our former address”, beginning November 23, 2016 and copies of lease renewals for the same address for subsequent terms until February 1, 2020 move out date.
  • Copy of final account in both of our name from The  showing our refund from rent deposit after moving out.
  • Copy of The  Residential Parking Permit Application form completed and signed by both of us.

Exhibit 8:

·         Copy of American  Insurance Company of Florida home rentals insurance transferred to our new address in both of our names and copy of documents showing claim information we submitted and processed for the water damage that occurred in our apartment on December 21, 2019.

Exhibit 9:

• Copy of “Current” Health Insurance cards with member ID: #xxxxxxxxxxx, showing both of us, both covered under the same ongoing health insurance plan from my husband’s job .
  • Copies of health insurance claim in both of our names from our health care provider showing our recent Doctor’s visit.
  • Copies of Health Savings ATM cards in both of our name from Health Insurance Provider.
  • Copy of my husband’s employer’s dependent verification application adding me to his health insurance policy as his spouse
  • Copy of former 2015-2018 health insurance card provided by wife’s former employer including all family members.

Exhibit 10:

·         Copy of  Life insurance policies in both of our names from Life Insurance stating both of us as each other’s 100% beneficiary.

·         Copies of most recent life Insurance policy monthly premium transaction history in both of our names showing the life insurance policies are up to date.

·         Copy of my husband’s employer  life insurance policy provided for employees and listed me as the beneficiary 100%.

Exhibit 11:

• Copies of Our Car Insurance Company yearly account statements beginning November 21, 2016 until May 10, 2020 listing us as jointly covered under car insurance policy number XXXXXXXXXXX for our cars at.”

Exhibit 12:

·         Copies of T-Mobile Account Number :xxxxxxxxxxx showing one-year telephone bills showing both of our names and our telephone numbers and payment transactions from January 2019-December 2019.

Exhibit 13:

·         Copies of Costco membership cards in both of our names, showing my husband added to the membership since 01/2017 and still current and valid and copy of 2020 Costco membership renewal receipt.

Exhibit 14:

·         Copy of email receipts and cookies order transaction confirmation for wife’s birthday on the XX-XX-XXXX.

·         Copies of various receipts of gas, parking, hotel lodging bills during various road trips to , wife’s hometown.

Exhibit 15:

·         Copies of joint furniture purchase ownership certificates and payment receipts in both of our names   from  furniture previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018.

·         Copies of Several airlines’ tickets showing our travel history to Washington DC and Atlanta between 2014 and 2018. previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018.

·         Two notarized copies affidavits attesting to the bona fide nature of our relationship and marriage by U.S citizen friends. previously submitted with I-751 application in October 2018

Exhibit16:

·         Copy of photo album showing us together with family and friends gathering throughout the years till date.

I 751 Approval 2020.PNG

Thank you for showing this ,

I had an RFE as well in February and with everything happening I couldn’t send it to May , only thing I mainly couldn’t do was show our licenses were address cause everything was shot down here and by the time I sent everything it still wasn’t open, with how ur timeline is I should hear something by next month I am hoping.

if I sadly do get an interview and not approval I know what extra to bring there. I plan to renew my address this week since DMV is finally opened .

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

anybody still waiting? I filed Nov 2018. No updates since Jan 22 when they transferred to NBC. I can't even request for outside normal processing time since the current processing time says 14-27.5 mo. 

I also have a pending N400 and expiring extension letter. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, RainbowMonkey said:

anybody still waiting? I filed Nov 2018. No updates since Jan 22 when they transferred to NBC. I can't even request for outside normal processing time since the current processing time says 14-27.5 mo. 

I also have a pending N400 and expiring extension letter. 

I'm in the same boat.

I filed in Nov. 2018 and our case was transferred on February 26.

I also have a pending N400 and an expiring extension letter in August 2020.

I am going to ask help from the Ombudsman now. I'm a Flight Attendant and with my expiring extension letter, I don't think the company will allow a I-551 stamp on my passport. 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Paps and Dawna said:

I'm in the same boat.

I filed in Nov. 2018 and our case was transferred on February 26.

I also have a pending N400 and an expiring extension letter in August 2020.

I am going to ask help from the Ombudsman now. I'm a Flight Attendant and with my expiring extension letter, I don't think the company will allow a I-551 stamp on my passport. 

Correction, I will contact USCIS first then the Ombudsman. 

K1 Visa

Service Centre: California

Consulate: Manila, PH

01/21/16: I-129F sent

01/26/16: I-129F NOA1

04/06/16: I-129F RFE

04/22/16: RFE reply

05/06/16: I-129F NOA2

05/31/16: NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

06/05/16: NVC left

06/10/16: Consulate received

07/28/16 Interview Date **Approved!

08/05/16: Visa Received

08/13/16: US Entry

08/27/16: Tied the knot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adjustment of Status (AOS)

10/07/16: Aos filling date

10/11/16: Case received

10/25/16: NOA date

11/08/16: Biometrics Walk In at Buena Park (Was scheduled 11/14/16)

11/25/16: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/03/17: Interview is Scheduled on Feb 07 (Day 84)

01/05/17: Interview letter received

01/07/17: EAD card is being produced (Day 88)

01/09/17: AP is approved (Day 90)

01/11/17: EAD card is mailed (Day 92)

01/13/17: AP approval letter received

01/14/17: Combo card received (Day 95)

02/07/17: Interview *Approved!

02/10/17: Greencard mailed

5 hours ago, Paps and Dawna said:

Keep me posted please! How do you contact the ombudsman if you don’t mind me asking. 

N400

Spoiler

Dec 15, 2019 filed N400 online

[Day 0] : Dec 15, 2019 - Received Date

[Day 7] : Dec 21, 2019 - Biometrics scheduled for Jan 7th 2020

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Early walk in for biometrics

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Biometrics reviewed

[Day 13] Dec 27, 2019 - Case being actively reviewed

[Day 299] Oct 8, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 300] Oct 9, 2020 - Interview notice on documents tab. (Nov 12, 2020)

[Day 304] : Oct 13, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - Scheduled interview date; Showed up at the office and was told the interview schedule was a 'mistake'

[Day 334] : Nov 12, 2020 - USCIS status: Interview Cancelled

[Day 341] Nov 19, 2020 - Email notification "Interview was scheduled"

[Day 343] Nov 21, 2020 - Interview notice came in the mail

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - Interview dare, Oath ceremony

[Day 353] : Dec 1, 2020 - FINALLY A US CITIZEN!

9 hours ago, Paps and Dawna said:

Uscis contact is useless 

Contact Ombudsman right now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

for anyone that has done an i-551 stamp since some of us don't seem to get an answer on our status , do you know if they just stamp it at the interview or do we have to have our passports mailed back to us?

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.