Jump to content
araxoolie

What if vaccination records are not available?

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

There is a possibility my fiancée won't be able to get her vaccination records before her medical. What would happen in that case? Is it effectively the same as never having been vaccinated (i.e., vaccines are administered and we move on)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, araxoolie said:

There is a possibility my fiancée won't be able to get her vaccination records before her medical. What would happen in that case? Is it effectively the same as never having been vaccinated (i.e., vaccines are administered and we move on)?

if you don't have any records of vaccines administered, just go ahead and pay for it in the beneficiaries country and save yourself the time, money and headache to do it in the States.


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing to do is get a tieter test, it is a blood test that will check for the antibodies of any of the required vaccinations. If person has had some vaccinations but doesn't know what ones were done this test will show what they have been vaccinated for, and if they had chickenpox, etc. The test is usually cheap, and the results can be used at the medical exam to not have to get new vaccines( Saves Money), and allows the doctor to mark the ones that are done complete. Then after you know what you need definitely get them done outside the US, as they will be more expensive here for sure.  Get started on this ASAP, as some of the vaccines require multiple shots a few months apart, and while you just need the first shot of the series to be admitted to the US and qualify for the visa, it is in your best interest to have them all complete to save any hassles later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, araxoolie said:

There is a possibility my fiancée won't be able to get her vaccination records before her medical. What would happen in that case? Is it effectively the same as never having been vaccinated (i.e., vaccines are administered and we move on)?

With a combination of visual skin inspection, couple that with an interview and the blood test, your medical center will determine what vaccinations you will need. So don't go to your own Doctor, invest in any kits and don't wait till you are in the states. If you wait till you arrive in the states it will cost 3 times as much. Once you pass the medical then you will have "proof" with the advent of the DS-3025 which you will submit with your AOS package once you are married.


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

if you don't have any records of vaccines administered, just go ahead and pay for it in the beneficiaries country and save yourself the time, money and headache to do it in the States.

It is much easier said than done. I also don't have records and recently decided to sort out my vaccinations. Some are for life (I am pretty sure I've gotten those it due time but have no proof) and some have to be renewed every 10 years and may take up to 7.5 months (Td) to administer if renewed for the first time (3 shots needed). I'm glad I started just for the sake of my own health and will have time to complete before moving but not before my medical.  But I doubt it is healthy to administer all missing vaccinations within half a year. I still have a 5 months time to my last Td shot and will ask my doctor if I can fit anything in between. So some headache inevitably moves with beneficiary to the US if your records are not available.

Edited by HP+IC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HP+IC said:

It is much easier said than done. I also don't have records and recently decided to sort out my vaccinations. Some are for life (I am pretty sure I've gotten those it due time but have no proof) and some have to be renewed every 10 years and may take up to 7.5 months (Td) to administer if renewed for the first time (3 shots needed). I'm glad I started just for the sake of my own health and will have time to complete before moving but not before my medical.  But I doubt it is healthy to administer all missing vaccinations within half a year. I still have a 5 months time to my last Td shot and will ask my doctor if I can fit anything in between. So some headache inevitably moves with beneficiary to the US if your records are not available.

Yes, you may be right about the facts of not being healthy or not. I am not a Dr. and have no opinion on that. What I do know is this, being a immigrant myself and having been through this process and also with my wife.  If you get all necessary shots at one time, you are done and over with it, for health reasons and immigration purposes. K-1 do have the option to get them done here in the US. Now, here is the problem with that.

You do POE and will have plenty of stuff to do before you even think about AOS

 

1) After POE go to SS office and get you a SS# (it can take time like ours did, about 2-8 weeks to get one with manual verification)

2) Go together with your fiance and get marriage license and wait for all it is needed for marriage certificate. Some states take much longer than others. Weeks even i have read

3) Find a civil surgeon that does the correct paperwork and administer the appropriate vaccines on time and in the 90 days to not be out of status.

4) Gather all the info for AOS, EAD and AP and get the paperwork done.

 

We had it done in 2 days and shipped to that lockbox. We where never out of status, but EAD is still not in our hands. This is just a possible way to do things, some couples don't even do this and take their time.  The longer you take, the longer it may be for you to get EAP/AP or GC for that matter.

 

Good luck

 


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alabamak1 said:

Yes, you may be right about the facts of not being healthy or not. I am not a Dr. and have no opinion on that. What I do know is this, being a immigrant myself and having been through this process and also with my wife.  If you get all necessary shots at one time, you are done and over with it, for health reasons and immigration purposes. K-1 do have the option to get them done here in the US. Now, here is the problem with that.

You do POE and will have plenty of stuff to do before you even think about AOS

 

1) After POE go to SS office and get you a SS# (it can take time like ours did, about 2-8 weeks to get one with manual verification)

2) Go together with your fiance and get marriage license and wait for all it is needed for marriage certificate. Some states take much longer than others. Weeks even i have read

3) Find a civil surgeon that does the correct paperwork and administer the appropriate vaccines on time and in the 90 days to not be out of status.

4) Gather all the info for AOS, EAD and AP and get the paperwork done.

 

We had it done in 2 days and shipped to that lockbox. We where never out of status, but EAD is still not in our hands. This is just a possible way to do things, some couples don't even do this and take their time.  The longer you take, the longer it may be for you to get EAP/AP or GC for that matter.

 

Good luck

 

Thank you so much. I generally relate to your timeline to see what we may expect. My fiance is also a naturalized USC but back 20 years ago an adult immigrant either did not need vaccinations or at least he doesn't recall anything of the kind. So he is of little help in this respect. Hopefully, as an adult I will not need the whole package of shots and my K2 kid is duly vaccinated with records. Anyway, I will schedule an appointment with my physician and discuss testing to prevent double vaccination. Hopefully Kiev medical accepts test results showing immunity

 

BTW, in NY GC waiting time is 12+ mos, luckily EAD/AP takes 4 to 6 mos. You go to work and start paying taxes first :)

Edited by HP+IC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

Thank you so much. I generally relate to your timeline to see what we may expect. My fiance is also a naturalized USC but back 20 years ago an adult immigrant either did not need vaccinations or at least he doesn't recall anything of the kind. So he is of little help in this respect. Hopefully, as an adult I will not need the whole package of shots and my K2 kid is duly vaccinated with records. Anyway, I will schedule an appointment with my physician and discuss testing to prevent double vaccination. Hopefully Kiev medical accepts test results showing immunity

Well, i am just trying to let you know what the path could be ahead of you. There is a website on the Kiev embassy for you to read about all what happens in the medical phase. Hope this helps. Just post here or PM if you have other concerns


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, araxoolie said:

There is a possibility my fiancée won't be able to get her vaccination records before her medical. What would happen in that case? Is it effectively the same as never having been vaccinated (i.e., vaccines are administered and we move on)?

I see your fiancée is from the Netherlands. Does she know that RIVM has records of everyone who has been vaccinated as a child? So she does not need to try to get these records from a doctor. There is an online form to request vaccination records (https://fd10.formdesk.com/rivm/Aanvraag_vaccinatiebewijs), and it should only take a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MariekeH said:

I see your fiancée is from the Netherlands. Does she know that RIVM has records of everyone who has been vaccinated as a child? So she does not need to try to get these records from a doctor. There is an online form to request vaccination records (https://fd10.formdesk.com/rivm/Aanvraag_vaccinatiebewijs), and it should only take a few weeks.

That's a useful resource, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no official record of mine nor was I aware of the RIVM site. I just got them when I got my medical, can't remember how much they were or what I got. It wasn't bad and this way I was sure he could mark the documents correctly. Just ask them when you call for an appointment. They do it all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×